afoyoswa

Any February 2012 filers?

4,866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Am I the only one who is feeling physically ill at how horrible this is right now? I just want to throw up seeing the lack of activity today. I was all 'rah-rah' this morning and now it's off to bed crying again. This just sucks. Sorry - I is all out of cheer and full of jeer. :cry:

I really hope tomorrow is better. I need it to be.

NOA1 : 02/15/12

NOA2 : 08/16/2012

NVC Rec'd : 08/27/2012

Medical : 09/14/2012

Interview : 10/31/2012

POE : 11/16/2012

Marriage : 02/02/2013

Filed: Timeline

Am I the only one who is feeling physically ill at how horrible this is right now? I just want to throw up seeing the lack of activity today. I was all 'rah-rah' this morning and now it's off to bed crying again. This just sucks. Sorry - I is all out of cheer and full of jeer. :cry:

Yes, unfortunate, these things -- 6 months gone so did the 'ol email the congressman today and will call tomorrow, expecting little; might call USCIS, expecting little; or might just sand a table I found recently, who knows? Oh well, so it goes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me too :unsure:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Me too.

Everyone keeps telling me "don't worry, don't focus on it," etc etc... but I am infuriated, and actually nauseous whenever I think about it (which is 24/7... I even have dreams, or rather nightmares, about it) It really does just suck.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing more to say about today than depressing.

As for the possibility of the "Dream Act" making our visas take longer, I don't think that's the case - according to my Congressman's assistant. She told me the people filing for the "Dream Act" visas will be going through their local state immigration offices, and VSC wouldn't have anything to do with that. I think VSC moving so slowly has all to do with them just sucking in general.

Edited by SteelFaithU2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing more to say about today than depressing.

As for the possibility of the "Dream Act" making our visas take longer, I don't think that's the case - according to my Congressman's assistant. She told me the people filing for the "Dream Act" visas will be going through their local state immigration offices, and VSC wouldn't have anything to do with that. I think VSC moving so slowly has all to do with them just sucking in general.

That is good to know

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope it wasn't the dream act or we will be waiting for a long time :angry:

Ugh, sorry but.... Screw the Dream Act. They should be taking care of American Citizens first.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all,

Just found this thread and want to share my little story.

Me and my Fiancee met at work, I am a regular employee in a company here in Netherlands and he works in my firm as a US TAX consultant. We felt in love and got engaged this Feb, he asked me to move to US with him because his contract will end in Sep 2012 and he will return to the US. so I decided to quit my job and move to the US, 31st Aug will be my last day at work.

We got NOA1 on March 7th, I didn't find this VJ site and I did not know it could take this long for USCIS to process our case. we foolishly thought it would take probably 3 month in total, but it actually is 3 month since NOA2. Now it just seems that I quit my job too early. It is another 3 month ahead even if my NOA2 is approved by Sep. Also I found out that it is not possible to work for the first 3 month since POE because of all the paperworks stuff. So I am looking at at least half year unemployment here..... :crying: I don't know how should I feel. My fiancee always comfort me and tell me i have nothing to worry, but i don't want to just sit at home and do nothing, work has been a great distraction so far,don't know how i should cope with it...

Also I read it's so hard to find a job in the US right now, right now I can still make contacts with my firm in the US and ask them if there is any openings, but with my visa pending all this long, i couldn't promise when I can start, and they couldn't keep any jobs just for me. So frustrated... :(

03-09-2012: NOA1

09-12-2012: NOA2

10-01-2012: Package 3

10-13-2012: Package 4

10-22-2012: Medical

10-29-2012: Interview, approved!!!

12-23-2012: POE Boston

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi all,

Me and my Fiancee met at work, I am a regular employee in a company here in Netherlands and he works in my firm as a US TAX consultant. We felt in love and got engaged this Feb, he asked me to move to US with him because his contract will end in Sep 2012 and he will return to the US. so I decided to quit my job and move to the US, 31st Aug will be my last day at work.

We got NOA1 on March 7th, I didn't find this VJ site and I did not know it could take this long for USCIS to process our case. we foolishly thought it would take probably 3 month in total, but it actually is 3 month since NOA2. Now it just seems that I quit my job too early. It is another 3 month ahead even if my NOA2 is approved by Sep. Also I found out that it is not possible to work for the first 3 month since POE because of all the paperworks stuff. So I am looking at at least half year unemployment here..... :crying: I don't know how should I feel. My fiancee always comfort me and tell me i have nothing to worry, but i don't want to just sit at home and do nothing, work has been a great distraction so far,don't know how i should cope with it...

Also I read it's so hard to find a job in the US right now, right now I can still make contacts with my firm in the US and ask them if there is any openings, but with my visa pending all this long, i couldn't promise when I can start, and they couldn't keep any jobs just for me. So frustrated... :(

My fiancé is in the same boat. He's looking for temp work now, but can't even find that it seems. Yes, the way things are looking if you filed at VSC it could take 10 or 11 months to get everything done and into the country... Sorry to tell you. I'm at almost 6 and a half months with no word. It's extraordinarily depressing. At this point I just want to sit in my bed and cry till something happens, sort of like I'm doing all day so far! :unsure: This whole process just sucks. On the plus side if you filed at CSC (I didn't look before starting my reply) they are moving super fast and you could be approved any day now.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Timeline

Hi all,

Welcome to VJ! :-)

It's really hard waiting for the NOA2, waiting for NVC to post the petition to the emabassy you'll have the interview at. All you can do is prepare your proof/paper work and get the vaccinations you need before the medical. NVC still haven't received our petition :-( not that I can complain when there's so many others still waiting for NOA2.

My advice, when you're stuck at home both here and in the US waiting for things to go through, have a hobby and/or work on you skills or develop new skills so that you are up to speed with things when you do start looking for a job in the US. It's also worth studying the things you'll need to do for AOS so you'll be prepared and ready to go when you're married. Also draw up a list of things to do once in the US, getting a SSN, health insurance, driving licence etc.

Us

07/29/2011 : Heather went to England, visiting joint friends and we met

09/28/2011, 10/27/2011, 12/26/2011, 02/10/2012 : Gav went to the USA

03/28/2012, 05/03/2012 : Heather went to England

USCIS/VSC/NVC

02/04/2012 : I-129F sent

02/07/2012 : Received by VSC

02/09/2012 : NOA1

08/07/2012 : NOA2

08/10/2012 : NOA2 hard copy recieved

08/17/2012 : NVC Recieved, LND No. issued

08/23/2012 : Left NVC, en route to London

US Embassy and Medical in London

08/28/2012 : Petition Received at Embassy

09/04/2012 : Medical (Knightsbridge Doctors)

09/05/2012 : Sent forms that I had downloaded to the Embassy, delivered 09/06/2012

09/07/2012 : Packet 3 arrived tongue.png

09/11/2012 : Embassy has received medical information

09/21/2012 : Visa paid and MRV receipt

09/24/2012 : Interview date given (Intervew at 08:30 on 10/04/2012)

09/26/2012 : Packet 4 arrived

10/04/2012 : Intervew result - Approved! smile.png

10/05/2012 : Visa Issued

10/11/2012 : Passport/Visa received

10/12/2012 : POE - Washington DC

Weddings

10/27/2012 : Married  |  05/04/2013 : Wedding #2/Blessing

AOS

11/29/2012: Email notificaton of recieving AOS paperwork

11/16/2012: AOS Received date

12/02/2012: Received NOA

12/20/2012: Biometrics Appointment, 3pm at Alexandria, VA

08/30/2013: AOS Approved :)

09/09/2013: Greencard arrived

Citizenship

08/07/2017: Filed

08/15/2017: NOA

09/05/2017: Biometrics Appointment

03/08/2018: Interview Scheduled

Timeline

Hi all,

Hey! I was going to suggest the same as Gavin + Heather, not sure which one of them it is!! Find a hobby or something you can get into to distract you. I am in that position. From April to June I was doing some substitute teaching but then it was the holidays so I did not work for 6 weeks. School went back this week so I might get some work but i'm going to just see how things go. Work did help to distract me and take my mind off being apart from Jason and the waiting and I had to find some other way to fill that time. I work out at the gym 6 days a week, 3 with a trainer to keep me motivated. I am a bit obsessive about healthy eating but even sitting planning out meals and what to eat helps. I have also developed a bit of an obsession with jigsaw puzzles!!!!!

One thing I read helped me...it said to try not and focus on what you can't effect/change but instead focus on setting/achieving goals that you CAN impact. For me...I can impact my health and fitness and work towards being in the best shape of my life to start the rest of my life :)

Hang in there...you CAN do it and just keep remembering how much stronger your marriage will be after going thru all this time. Our relationships are basically built on trust and communication and strength thru trials which isn't a bad place to start! :yes:

Our Journey
Aug 2nd '11...love at first sight???
Aug 4th '11...first date!
Feb 19th '12...ENGAGED!!!!!

Our I-129 Journey
Feb 23rd '12...I-129F mailed
Feb 28th '12...NOA1
AUGUST 17th '12...NOA2 APPROVED!!!!!

Our VISA Journey!
Aug 27th '12 NVC received petition and issued LND number
Sept 7th '12 ALL forms mailed to embassy!
Sept 10th '12 Medical
NOV 1st '12 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 9th '12 POE Baltimore biggrin.png
Nov 11th '12 WEDDING

Our AOS/ED Journey!
Dec 13th '12 AOS/ED forms sent
Dec 19th '12 NOA1
Jan 11th '13 BIOMETRICS
Feb 11th '13 ED APPROVED!!!

Aug 23rd '13 AOS RFE

Sept 23rd '13 AOS DECISION...APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Hang in there...you CAN do it and just keep remembering how much stronger your marriage will be after going thru all this time. Our relationships are basically built on trust and communication and strength thru trials which isn't a bad place to start! :yes:

If dealing with all this depression and heartache NOW means happily ever after, forever... I suppose it might be worth it.

But ask me that in a few months after I've had my interview (cause right now... not so much ;) LOL)

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Timeline

If dealing with all this depression and heartache NOW means happily ever after, forever... I suppose it might be worth it.

But ask me that in a few months after I've had my interview (cause right now... not so much ;) LOL)

Yeah I know...I do have days where I just want to stay in bed and eat ice cream!!!

Our Journey

Our I-129 Journey
Feb 28th '12...NOA1

Our VISA Journey!
Sept 10th '12 Medical

Nov 11th '12 WEDDING

Our AOS/ED Journey!
Dec 19th '12 NOA1
Jan 11th '13 BIOMETRICS

Aug 23rd '13 AOS RFE

Timeline

Yeah I know...I do have days where I just want to stay in bed and eat ice cream!!!

Haha, I've done that. Two nights ago, my dinner was a bag of chips :P

I better be careful, otherwise I'm not going to fit into my wedding dress that I've already ordered! hehe. Thankfully, I'm usually an emotional "starver" rather than an emotional "eater"...

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Timeline

Haha, I've done that. Two nights ago, my dinner was a bag of chips :P

I better be careful, otherwise I'm not going to fit into my wedding dress that I've already ordered! hehe. Thankfully, I'm usually an emotional "starver" rather than an emotional "eater"...

Oh my gosh I hear you! I, unfortunately, have been known to be an emotional eater and now carry around a picture of me in my dress at my last fitting when she had to take it in...next and last fitting it in 12 days then I HAVE to stay that size or a wee bit smaller lol! I have nightmares about it not fitting! My PT stands beside me as i'm working out chanting "bikini...wedding dress...bikini...wedding dress!!!"

Our Journey

Our I-129 Journey
Feb 28th '12...NOA1

Our VISA Journey!
Sept 10th '12 Medical

Nov 11th '12 WEDDING

Our AOS/ED Journey!
Dec 19th '12 NOA1
Jan 11th '13 BIOMETRICS

Aug 23rd '13 AOS RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.