LuckySeven

Both of us are abroad... Advice please

41 posts in this topic

Don't forget, if you do K1, she cannot leave the country (ie cannot re-enter the country) for quite a period of time, maybe 1-2 years.... at least without special permission for good cause. If she goes without permission, it is re-file to get her back. or something like that.

But i, as the petitioner could file it here in the PI then leave in 2 months to find work before they request the k134?

Kindly don't post nonsense.

After entry / marriage the AP to come and go takes about 60-90 days to obtain.

Don't forget, if you do K1, she cannot leave the country (ie cannot re-enter the country) for quite a period of time, maybe 1-2 years.... at least without special permission for good cause. If she goes without permission, it is re-file to get her back. or something like that.

Yes

But i, as the petitioner could file it here in the PI then leave in 2 months to find work before they request the k134?

i don't get it.

Kindly don't post nonsense.

After entry / marriage the AP to come and go takes about 60-90 days to obtain.

Yes

What is the estimated timeline for the US to request the k134? I wanted to optimize my time to file at the right time so that i could possibly cut the separation time in half. Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What is the estimated timeline for the US to request the k134? I wanted to optimize my time to file at the right time so that i could possibly cut the separation time in half. Thanks

You cannot file "in the PI". You can be living in the PI when you file, as long as you also have a US address to use for notices, etc. You won't be asked for an I-134 until the end of the process, 7 to 9 months after filing the petition, but decisions on affidavits of support are somewhat subjective judgment calls by Consular officers. You need a little history to go with the income. Three months would be safe in the nursing profession but you might get by with less.

We all understand the desire to avoid separation but we also understand it is usually an unavoidable part of the process for any fiancee visa process or spouse visa other than DCF filings.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You cannot file "in the PI". You can be living in the PI when you file, as long as you also have a US address to use for notices, etc. You won't be asked for an I-134 until the end of the process, 7 to 9 months after filing the petition, but decisions on affidavits of support are somewhat subjective judgment calls by Consular officers. You need a little history to go with the income. Three months would be safe in the nursing profession but you might get by with less.

We all understand the desire to avoid separation but we also understand it is usually an unavoidable part of the process for any fiancee visa process or spouse visa other than DCF filings.

Yes i do have an address in the US for correspondence, and i plan to mail my K-129F and leave here in 4 months to start work there. How long can I "sit" on the request for the K-134 in the event that I had less income history expected? Or if the magically process my application sooner than expected?

Timeline

Yes i do have an address in the US for correspondence, and i plan to mail my K-129F and leave here in 4 months to start work there. How long can I "sit" on the request for the K-134 in the event that I had less income history expected? Or if the magically process my application sooner than expected?

Theoretically, you can wait indefinitely as long as you keep in contact with the IV unit in Manila about your continued intention to pursue the visa. Consular officers can reaffirm the petition approval four months at a time after the initial four months. The I-134 is carried to the interview, so don't schedule one until it's ready.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You would be better having a legal ceremony in PI then having a large reception in the US when you land. This gives you the DCF option which has her in the US with a GC MUCH quicker than the K1 (fiance/e) or CR-1 (spouse)

Also it is a K-1 visa, the document for financial support for the K-1 is the I-134.

You would be better having a legal ceremony in PI then having a large reception in the US when you land. This gives you the DCF option which has her in the US with a GC MUCH quicker than the K1 (fiance/e) or CR-1 (spouse)

Also it is a K-1 visa, the document for financial support for the K-1 is the I-134.

I will read about the DCF option... but just to clarify, could you give me a crash course and how long it would take to get that processed... and Is a co-sponsor allowed for this route? Thanks so much

Timeline

I will read about the DCF option... but just to clarify, could you give me a crash course and how long it would take to get that processed... and Is a co-sponsor allowed for this route? Thanks so much

Find the crash course in the "Guides". Yes a joint sponsor is allowed for the CR1 visa you would pursue for a spouse. Told you that. Pay attention.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Find the crash course in the "Guides". Yes a joint sponsor is allowed for the CR1 visa you would pursue for a spouse. Told you that. Pay attention.

Ok, thanks again... based on what I have been reading, I am inclined to take your advice of the DCF... seems like it's the fastest and we won't need to be separated. :) appreciate the help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, im so glad i found this forum... I was planning to file my K1 for my fiancee but was given contradictory information from friends...

First, I am a US citizen and studied abroad in the Philippines and have been with my fiancee since our Junior year in college. Will I be able to file the K1 visa while I am residing here in the Philippines? Will the US embassy entertain my request or do I have to physically be in the US to file this? Worst case scenario, I get an RFE.... Will the US embassy send the package back here to the Philippipines?

Please do advise, Id like to do this right the first time. tHanks so much

My fiance and I are also filing from abroad. We used his parents' address to file. Our plan is to have him move to the US prior to my visa interview in Kenya. He will start looking for a job months in advance and will hopefully be employed in the US by the time I have my interview. I would recommend being back in the US and working prior to your fiancee's interview because it is strongly recommended that the petitioner of a K1 visa be physically present in the US for this process. I think it is okay to begin it from abroad but it should really be completed in the US but you have received a lot of good advice here and you are able to make up your own mind about which way to go.

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

My fiance and I are also filing from abroad. We used his parents' address to file. Our plan is to have him move to the US prior to my visa interview in Kenya. He will start looking for a job months in advance and will hopefully be employed in the US by the time I have my interview. I would recommend being back in the US and working prior to your fiancee's interview because it is strongly recommended that the petitioner of a K1 visa be physically present in the US for this process. I think it is okay to begin it from abroad but it should really be completed in the US but you have received a lot of good advice here and you are able to make up your own mind about which way to go.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. And you are definitely correct... All of my options are basically listed here, and with the fact that I have resided in the Philippines for the past 5 years, considering that we would need to get married within 90 days if the K1 were to be approved... it looks like the DCF is the least hassle & best option. I intend to stop by the embassy to attempt to talk with a representative (as advised in the DCF forum) before we do get married to get their overview of the procedure here in Manila.

A big thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences. I'm glad google brought me to this very helpful community of selfless people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing your story. And you are definitely correct... All of my options are basically listed here, and with the fact that I have resided in the Philippines for the past 5 years, considering that we would need to get married within 90 days if the K1 were to be approved... it looks like the DCF is the least hassle & best option. I intend to stop by the embassy to attempt to talk with a representative (as advised in the DCF forum) before we do get married to get their overview of the procedure here in Manila.

A big thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences. I'm glad google brought me to this very helpful community of selfless people.

Best of luck to you. I definitely think that DCF is the option for you and you won't regret it. The k1 was good for my situation but not being able to work or travel for a minimum of 2-3 months (and in some states unable to get a drivers licence) was a big negative when you're trying to fit in and feel normal

Filed: Timeline

Hi, im so glad i found this forum... I was planning to file my K1 for my fiancee but was given contradictory information from friends...

First, I am a US citizen and studied abroad in the Philippines and have been with my fiancee since our Junior year in college. Will I be able to file the K1 visa while I am residing here in the Philippines? Will the US embassy entertain my request or do I have to physically be in the US to file this? Worst case scenario, I get an RFE.... Will the US embassy send the package back here to the Philippipines?

Please do advise, Id like to do this right the first time. tHanks so much

My (then) financee and I filed for the I-129F when we were both living in the Czech Republic. My fiancee (the US citizen) did not have any income in the US. We used a sponsor in the US (only requirement being the 125% of the poverty line). We had no problems with the process and I am currently waiting for my AOS.

Hope this helps.

Bob.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.