Mononoke28

Colombia Club Part IV

504 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's right, the visa is attached to the passport, the sealed envelope has all the info needed by immigration at POE to enter the immigrant's info in the system to be processed. Besides the passport (with visa) and boarding pass, my husband was asked for his cédula by the DAS which is right before boarding.

Also, don't bother taking the x-ray with you, you won't need it again.

Diana

Thank you for clarifying that Diana, Andrea Y Arturo. Well two weeks from tomorrow (3/8) is the dreaded interview. I think we just about have our documents ready to go!!

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Looks like I need to jump into the sand box with you all - At 6:23 AM today March 8, 2012 I received Email from US Embassy in Bogota containing packages 3 and 4!

Game on..............now I brought some nice shiny new toys that we could all share in the sand box together!

Really, I look forward to some great discussions with all of you! :dance:

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Timeline

Looks like I need to jump into the sand box with you all - At 6:23 AM today March 8, 2012 I received Email from US Embassy in Bogota containing packages 3 and 4!

Game on..............now I brought some nice shiny new toys that we could all share in the sand box together!

Congrats on that. I was hoping they would send you a notice that they received the petition as for some, they send nothing and it's up to you to find out. When is your interview date?

Jon & Clau

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations! And feel free to ask any questions, there are many members in the Colombia Club threads who may have an answer to what you're looking for.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Diana,

Thanks for your help.

As someone else stated, you seem to be well-informed.

Are you also colombian(a)?

Jus wondering.

Do you or does anyone else here have recent knowledge or experience with RESCHEDULING THE INTERVIEW?

For some personal issues, we are wishing to R/S the interview, if possible, towards the end of April, maybe the 3rd week in April.

Yesterday, she called (in Bogota) to the embassy, and they said she could not R/S on the phone.

She was told that she could either send/write an e-mail to request reschedule, or that she should just show up on the appointed day (Mar 23) and ask then for R/S.

I'm going to attempt to cover the personal issues, and keep the Mar 23 interview date.

Jus as added info,... On FEB 9, she first SCHEDULED the interview for March 23.

My "Approval" of the petition was granted on Dec 30 and is good til April 29.

I have a copy of the Request for Extension of Approval.

And, I'd be confident in using that, if needed.

But, I'm just wondering what kind of snags we might be running up against, if she doesn't keep the Mar 23 interview date, at this point in time.

I hope my situation is stated clearly.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you shifted this to this thread for me.

I'm not prejudiced.

It's a small world, after allllllll.... jajaja... (disney)

But, it's nice to be here.... only with those who have a love for 'things colombian'... like myself. :whistle:

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

So... why wasn't I here before?

Por que... estoy siempre perdido en el internet! :wacko::rofl:

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

What next?

Timeline

Diana,

Thanks for your help.

Jus wondering.

Do you or does anyone else here have recent knowledge or experience with RESCHEDULING THE INTERVIEW?

For some personal issues, we are wishing to R/S the interview, if possible, towards the end of April, maybe the 3rd week in April.

Yesterday, she called (in Bogota) to the embassy, and they said she could not R/S on the phone.

She was told that she could either send/write an e-mail to request reschedule, or that she should just show up on the appointed day (Mar 23) and ask then for R/S.

I'm going to attempt to cover the personal issues, and keep the Mar 23 interview date.

But, I'm just wondering what kind of snags we might be running up against, if she doesn't keep the Mar 23 interview date, at this point in time.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not prejudiced.

But, it's nice to be here.... only with those who have a love for 'things colombian'... like myself. :whistle:

GringoD, I think I saw your question for this before, but was not 100% sure if you could reschedule your interview using the same on-line facility that you might have used to book your interview, so I signed on to the Embassy site, using my fiancee's passport, DOB. Once you successfully sign-in, you will get to a page called "Applicant Summary". If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a section that says "What would you like to do?" The first link says "Reschedule Appointment". I did not go beyond this point, as I did not want to tempt fate here and mess with her current appointment. I also noticed on the Applicant Summary page a line that says "Reschedule/Cancel Deadline", which is the day before her current interview date. I don't know why the embassy personel would not direct you to this page to reschedule, but then again, I have been given info from them that has been wrong, so maybe I should not be surprised.

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

GringoD, I think I saw your question for this before, but was not 100% sure if you could reschedule your interview using the same on-line facility that you might have used to book your interview, so I signed on to the Embassy site, using my fiancee's passport, DOB. Once you successfully sign-in, you will get to a page called "Applicant Summary". If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a section that says "What would you like to do?" The first link says "Reschedule Appointment". I did not go beyond this point, as I did not want to tempt fate here and mess with her current appointment. I also noticed on the Applicant Summary page a line that says "Reschedule/Cancel Deadline", which is the day before her current interview date. I don't know why the embassy personel would not direct you to this page to reschedule, but then again, I have been given info from them that has been wrong, so maybe I should not be surprised.

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

Jon & Clau,

That is exactly how to cancel/reschedule an appt online but my advive to Gringo try to make the original appointment.

Art

Timeline

Diana,

Thanks for your help.

Jus wondering.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not prejudiced.

Yes, I was actually born in Medellín but pretty much grew up in the US, my husband is the one who got the CR1 visa to come here.

And here is the thing about the appointment process in Bogotá. The embassy used to take care of the scheduling which made things much slower but since they started using the online process, people can pick their appointments and not have to wait as long. Re-scheduling used to be handled the same way and it used to take much longer but no one knows how it really works if you do it online because no has had to reschedule their appointment yet. As others have said, try to keep your appointment but if you think about it, if that option is available in the online scheduling link, then I'm thinking you can go ahead and re-schedule it that way.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I don't know why the embassy personel would not direct you to this page to reschedule, but then again, I have been given info from them that has been wrong, so maybe I should not be surprised.

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

After hearing all kinds of stories about embassy personnel in Bogotá all these years, I came to the conclusion long ago that they're either idiots or high on drugs. It has to be one of the two because some of the info they give or info they never share is completely unacceptable.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I'm not prejudiced.

By the way, I decided to start the new Colombia Club thread in the Latin America forum vs. the US Embassy forum because for one the previous thread was lost over there, I think the last time I saw it was on page 12 or 14 or something like that so nobody could find it. Also, I noticed that there were many English speakers in the Latin American forum asking questions about the embassy in Colombia process but since they were all separate, many were ending up on page 3 and 4 without anyone answering because again, they were starting to get lost.

So in summary, it's easier to keep the Colombia Club thread in here since that's where most people end up looking for answers and it gets the most attention.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

2 Q's:

So the 'site' where you can change the interview date is on that site where she filled out 'Packet 3,4 online' (that rather long 2-page - I believe - online form) ?

Secondly, ... is there some particular reason of past experience that 3 of you above are encouraging me/us to Keep the Original Appointment Date??

Cause all things considered, it's really best for her and me to change to later in April, which I believe should likely still be available.

Edited by GringoD

What next?

2 Q's:

So the 'site' where you can change the interview date is on that site where she filled out 'Packet 3,4 online' (that rather long 2-page - I believe - online form) ?

Secondly, ... is there some particular reason of past experience that 3 of you above are encouraging me/us to Keep the Original Appointment Date??

Cause all things considered, it's really best for her and me to change to later in April, which I believe should likely still be available.

To naswer your question the site where you change the appointment in the embassy website where you made the original appointment.

I don't think any of us have changed an appointment --you are the guinea pig. Let us know how it goes.

Timeline

To naswer your question the site where you change the appointment in the embassy website where you made the original appointment.

I don't think any of us have changed an appointment --you are the guinea pig. Let us know how it goes.

Okay.

I will.

I don't think it should make any sort of difference in getting the visa.

She's clear on all the major accounts for which they are looking to disqualify beneficiaries (of course!.. lol)

And, my evidence is, I believe, more than sufficient.

No one, with nothing to hide.

If I can say so, we are both a bit "more mature" (lol) than most couples filing.

I've been through this before and I understand most all of the basics involved in getting the visa.

YOU ALL ARE SO HELPFUL!

A SINCERE THANKS!

and, always... any/all input is appreciated.

What next?

Timeline

2 Q's:

Hi Gringo D, I believe someone else answered your question as to the location of where you change the appointment. As for your second point, I have no opinion about changing your appointment. It would seem like it's not a big deal, and I think you said you did get an official extension to use if you needed it, so I think you have covered all your bases!!

Jon & Clau

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.