Mononoke28

Colombia Club Part IV

504 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So she could do the medical next week if she wants too and everything will still be current and valid for the July 6th interview?

Thanks again for your help

Edited by Ryan76

Timeline

So she could do the medical next week if she wants too and everything will still be current and valid for the July 6th interview?

Thanks again for your help

Yes, the medical exam and tests are valid for 12 months.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Excellent. Thanks. I'm looking through the consulate review information, and also looking at my packet from the embassy....and all I can see that it says to take to the medical appointments are the passport fotos, an ID, and your BGT number written on the "appointment letter" from the embassy. Is this for sure all she needs? We're trying to acquire her vaccination records, but I know those aren't imperative.

Timeline

Excellent. Thanks. I'm looking through the consulate review information, and also looking at my packet from the embassy....and all I can see that it says to take to the medical appointments are the passport fotos, an ID, and your BGT number written on the "appointment letter" from the embassy. Is this for sure all she needs? We're trying to acquire her vaccination records, but I know those aren't imperative.

Yup, that's pretty much all she will need.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I was just going everything for a final time before I send my fiancee all of the documents and evidence. On the DS 156k it says to bring a number of items in order. It says to attach Birth Certificate, Evidence of Engagement, Proof of Financial support, and a few other things, but it doesn't mention the other forms (DS 156, DS230 PT 1).

My first question/comment is that I already provided the only "evidence of engagement" I have, the engagement ring receipt that I included in the original K-1 packet. I also put a copy in my updated evidence for the interview, but it's in a folder with about 25 other pages of evidence. Is she supposed to take it out and attach it to the DS 156K? Also, my proof of financial support is in it's own folder. It's not a single document that can simply be attached to the DS 156k. I guess I'm just curious how picky they are about all this stuff. My fiancee is well organized and she will be able to access anything as soon as they ask for it.

I'm not sure what other evidence we are supposed to give to prove we're engaged. The only other thing i have is the photo of us at the restaurant where I gave her the ring. We are waiting until she arrives before making definitive wedding plans. We know we are getting married at one of her church's branches that is located in Florida, and we are having a small family only ceremony.

Also, my fiancee takes various buses to work / school every day and she typically doesn't wear her engagement ring (for fear of it getting stolen), but I assume she should definitely wear it to the interview so they can see it. Would you agree?

Timeline

I was just going everything for a final time before I send my fiancee all of the documents and evidence. On the DS 156k it says to bring a number of items in order. It says to attach Birth Certificate, Evidence of Engagement, Proof of Financial support, and a few other things, but it doesn't mention the other forms (DS 156, DS230 PT 1).

My first question/comment is that I already provided the only "evidence of engagement" I have, the engagement ring receipt that I included in the original K-1 packet. I also put a copy in my updated evidence for the interview, but it's in a folder with about 25 other pages of evidence. Is she supposed to take it out and attach it to the DS 156K? Also, my proof of financial support is in it's own folder. It's not a single document that can simply be attached to the DS 156k. I guess I'm just curious how picky they are about all this stuff. My fiancee is well organized and she will be able to access anything as soon as they ask for it.

I'm not sure what other evidence we are supposed to give to prove we're engaged. The only other thing i have is the photo of us at the restaurant where I gave her the ring. We are waiting until she arrives before making definitive wedding plans. We know we are getting married at one of her church's branches that is located in Florida, and we are having a small family only ceremony.

Also, my fiancee takes various buses to work / school every day and she typically doesn't wear her engagement ring (for fear of it getting stolen), but I assume she should definitely wear it to the interview so they can see it. Would you agree?

Once she arrives at the embassy the day of her interview they will give her a folder that will have instructions on the order of how she needs to put the documents and paperwork inside it. They're very detailed so all she needs to do is put them in the folder as instructed.

As for evidence, their main concern is that you have a legitimate relationship, so yes, wearing the ring to the interview will help, as well as pictures, letters, chats, etc. She doesn't need to put this inside the folder, she only needs to give it to the CO conducting the interview if he/she asks for it.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Once she arrives at the embassy the day of her interview they will give her a folder that will have instructions on the order of how she needs to put the documents and paperwork inside it. They're very detailed so all she needs to do is put them in the folder as instructed.

As for evidence, their main concern is that you have a legitimate relationship, so yes, wearing the ring to the interview will help, as well as pictures, letters, chats, etc. She doesn't need to put this inside the folder, she only needs to give it to the CO conducting the interview if he/she asks for it.

Diana

Diana. I just wanted to clarify something that I repeatedly read here in VJ regarding interviews at the Embassy in Bogota. Lots of people from Colombia in VJ mostly go for the K1 Visa and the majority coincide by saying what you have just stated in your post "they will give her a folder that will have instructions on the order of how she needs to put the documents and paperwork inside it."

Since these testimonials are the only stories I could go by to have an idea of how the interview is going to be for my wife (a CR1 Applicant), I thought at first that on Interview date they would hand her the same folder, and etc ...

But the CR1 Process is different because by the time my wife gets to the Interview, the Embassy will already have the entire package with all the required documentation that was sent from NVC.

So my question is (in order to tell my wife the correct thing), Can she expect to be getting a folder that day and do all this process? or will it be completely different for her? given the fact that embassy already has everything (Besides her passport, photos, medical exam results, and relationship evidence)

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your wife will not get a folder.. At the first window they will ask her for documentation they require but do not already have have (specifically the medical/lab/vaccination stuff).

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

So the embassy doesn't take the people waiting in line to that section where they give them the folders anymore? They used to take all K and CR/IR visa petitioners to that section and the guide used to give them colored folders depending on their visa, inside the folder there was a list of instructions on how you needed to put in your documents. In our case, CR1 visa, we had to put in the medical results, the migratory movement letter, which is no longer needed, and the baptism certificate. Then we had to take that folder to the first window where the mean lady had our case from the NVC and she would add the documents from our folder to the case which was handed over to the CO for the interview.

Well, I hope we didn't confuse anyone and if we did, don't worry, that's what the embassy guides are for and they will tell you everything you need to do before the interview.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Today my fiancee received all the paperwork/packet I shipped her. Now we're going to do a little prep work for the interview. She seemed a little worried that the letters I wrote, labeling , etc. were in English, but I assured her it was fine. Just to be sure...anything we bring to the interview can be in English or Spanish, right? And just to be sure I didn't miss something major...there are no forms (DS 156, 156K, 230pt1) that would be in spanish (like a Spanish version of the same form)? And she also asked if I could verify 100% that she can communicate entirely in Spanish at the interview.

Thanks again for your help! We're getting there!

Timeline

Today my fiancee received all the paperwork/packet I shipped her. Now we're going to do a little prep work for the interview. She seemed a little worried that the letters I wrote, labeling , etc. were in English, but I assured her it was fine. Just to be sure...anything we bring to the interview can be in English or Spanish, right? And just to be sure I didn't miss something major...there are no forms (DS 156, 156K, 230pt1) that would be in spanish (like a Spanish version of the same form)? And she also asked if I could verify 100% that she can communicate entirely in Spanish at the interview.

Thanks again for your help! We're getting there!

Correct, any document can be written in either English or Spanish and the interview will be conducted in Spanish. So she's set to go.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks! I think we feel more confident than nervous. Our relationship/engagement is authentic and I feel we have provided everything to them properly. We will be really shocked if for some reason she doesn't get approved at the interview. We are a fairly simple case for them...no kids, no prior marriages, she's never applied for a visa before, neither of us have any arrests or criminal issues, and we both have decent jobs...I just don't foresee any logical reason they could have for denying the visa. I'm going to do some "coaching" and tell her a lot of things they may ask...but for the most part I'm just going to tell her to answer everything honestly and if she doesn't know an answer, then just say so.

Timeline

Thanks! I think we feel more confident than nervous. Our relationship/engagement is authentic and I feel we have provided everything to them properly. We will be really shocked if for some reason she doesn't get approved at the interview. We are a fairly simple case for them...no kids, no prior marriages, she's never applied for a visa before, neither of us have any arrests or criminal issues, and we both have decent jobs...I just don't foresee any logical reason they could have for denying the visa. I'm going to do some "coaching" and tell her a lot of things they may ask...but for the most part I'm just going to tell her to answer everything honestly and if she doesn't know an answer, then just say so.

You still have long ways for Interview date but you seem to be pretty well organized and I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbs:

Citizenship

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are on the final stretch now - tomorrow Wednesday May 30th my fiancee flies from Medellin to Bogota then Thursday morning for lab work followed by Friday (June 1) afternoon with the doctor exam, I fly into Medellin on Saturday, we have our interview scheduled for next Thursday June 7th and hopefully do the happy dance as we fly to Medellin together on Friday for some celebration.

I think we have everything together. Like Santa Claus we have made our lists and checked it twice :yes: and put together and organized our volumes of documents and information.

Blessings to all that have completed their journey and to all that will follow!

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Timeline

VISA APPROVED!! Thanks to Everyone who contributed with their knowledge and their advice. Now it's time for some Happy Dancing!! Weee!! :dance::dance::dance:

My VISA Interwiew "Review" is up if you wish to take a look at it :thumbs:

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.