Oliverpb

Paying fee in Moscow

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone, especially those who are interviewing in Moscow.

I am trying to pay our 350$ fee online as instructed in the email the consulate sent us. couple quick questions.

I went to https://payusvisafee.rsb.ru and entered my info and card # to pay the fee, of 11550 Rub. which fee is it? MRV, issuance, or short payment? im guessing MRV or issuance, no good instructions.

I am also having a time with my bank declining it, however they dont see it on their side as a fraud or non payment. They even issued a travel authorization on my card so it would work overseas.

anyone have these issues?

thank you so much!

I can always have her take cash to VTB24 or Post, but i would love to get this done today.

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

Had the same problem this afternoon. One the phone with Visa right now.

Will post the results on the site later.

Also if anyone can confirm that the MRV 11550 RUB(fiance is correct that would be great.

conversion works out correct, just want to double check

Edited by Aaron&Ulianna

Timeline

Ok, I was able to answer my own questions with enough leg work.

It is the MRV and it is the 11550 Fee. Works out to $350.

You can not use a debit card, it has to be a credit card. I was on the phone with wells fargo and verified by visa for over an hour before they said that I should try a credit card instead, worked like a charm.

Now we just have to wait until 12 tomorrow to schedule her interview!!! Doing happy dance!

Also, when you sign up online for the interview, it says to put in mailing address. That is where the visa will be delivered. You can also chose to have it held.

I may be working in Russia when she has her interview, so we may get to fly back together when Im done!!!

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

You may have to call the bank or issuer to have them remove any foreign fraud alerts since it is being taken out in Russia. I had that happen the first time i traveled. Had to find a way to call the bank and let them know i was traveling overseas.

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

this is turning out harder than I wanted. I was able to pay the visa fee online. It states what time you can schedule the interview based on when you paid and where. Credit card is the only same day or if done after hours next day service, and the easiest for us to do. I got my Receipt # and paid successfully. When I put the receipt number in the site says that

"No service fee can be found for the entered request number. Please validate your request number is correct and you have paid the correct amount for the visa you are applying."

I called the service desk support number they give and they told me that the receipt is not activated yet. Send an email with the copy of receipt and they will reply in 1-2 days. Bank took the money, but didnt pass the info on to the DOS as an active receipt number.

Wait a little more.

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

still no luck for me. I am using BofA credit card.

They have set up monitoring on the transactions attempts from the web but never get to the point of even attempting an authorization

First time in 12 different countries that i have had trouble processing my credit card.

We are left to using the post option (no bank close by, not to excited about this) also a little mad that the fee from the bank is more than the $350 fee post (works out to more than $385)

nice little markup on every transaction.

Timeline

I was finally able to make our appointment! the 29th of Feb! I cant believe it! Wow! Just got up to try to schedule it and it went though. There are a lot of dates open. I just hope its not too soon. She is still waiting on her packet from the embassy.

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

OK, I wanted to ask this about the fee... so they tell us to make a profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/ru and pay the 350 visa fee and schedule the interview. Done and done. now this is why im asking. you go to the instructions page on Moscow embassy website, and it states "Payment. Please pay the application fee ($350 dollars for each applicant) ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW only after an Embassy employee instructs you to do so. We accept dollars and rubles. Credit cards are not acceptable." A. is this another fee on top of the one I paid? B. credit cards were used to pay online. C. the fee was 11550 rubles which works out to $395 according to my visa statement.

What I THINK is happening, is that they now use this website to collect the fee then schedule the interview and they havent updated the instructions page? or do we pay two different fees?? Im thinking too hard, so much going on right now!

Thanks for any input to this!

Patrick and Yulia

Timeline

OK, I wanted to ask this about the fee... so they tell us to make a profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/ru and pay the 350 visa fee and schedule the interview. Done and done. now this is why im asking. you go to the instructions page on Moscow embassy website, and it states "Payment. Please pay the application fee ($350 dollars for each applicant) ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW only after an Embassy employee instructs you to do so. We accept dollars and rubles. Credit cards are not acceptable." A. is this another fee on top of the one I paid? B. credit cards were used to pay online. C. the fee was 11550 rubles which works out to $395 according to my visa statement.

What I THINK is happening, is that they now use this website to collect the fee then schedule the interview and they havent updated the instructions page? or do we pay two different fees?? Im thinking too hard, so much going on right now!

Thanks for any input to this!

Deep breaths :)

You pay one fee and you have already done that. The website has outdated and incorrect information. Now you should be concentrating on getting the paperwork together for the interview and scheduling the medical.

Timeline

Yes, the website is incorrect and outdated. Its frustrating with DOS and USCIS. Thank goodness for VJ! I have seen 2 different web pages from embassy and DOS say you need two different things, another that says you dont need part 2 on the DS-230 one that does. The fee payment and scheduling and what to bring to the interview was the most frustrating. But its all done. She has EVERYTHING in hand and the interview on the 29th of Feb!! Wish us luck!

Patrick and Yulia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.