philjapam

how to bring my spouse to the USA

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

one last Question I know my parents can act as sponsors for my wife but can my aunt act as a sponsor for my wife instead of using my parents??

Don't see why not as long as her income meets the requirements, and that means for you, the kids and your wife (fiancee) plus herself and any other dependents she may have.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, the sponsor can be anyone as long as they are a US citizen or greencard holder residing in the USA- they don;t have to be family or even live near you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Since you're a US citizen living overseas for more than six months, couldn't you go the DCF (Direct Consular Filing) route? I really don't know much about it since we're doing a CR-1 visa, but you might want to see if that's an option for you. From what I know, it is MUCH faster! Good luck :)

I would marry there first then do the 130 Visa. I wish I had married last year before I came back. Looks like a lot less paperwork. Suggestion: Do you or your family have anyone that will hire you knowing you're coming back? Getting a job here is not easy anymore. I never had been unemployed prior to 2010 and it took me 23 months to take a lower paying job in Management. I am okay with it as I can do my K1 and happy to finally be back at work. I would hate for you to be separated from your family. And raising soon 3 kids in USA is not cheap.. You sure did turn Pinoy na lol with so many kids in short timeframe. Love the Philippines... Good luck

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would marry there first then do the 130 Visa. I wish I had married last year before I came back. Looks like a lot less paperwork. Suggestion: Do you or your family have anyone that will hire you knowing you're coming back? Getting a job here is not easy anymore. I never had been unemployed prior to 2010 and it took me 23 months to take a lower paying job in Management. I am okay with it as I can do my K1 and happy to finally be back at work. I would hate for you to be separated from your family. And raising soon 3 kids in USA is not cheap.. Love the Philippines... Good luck

(F)

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I would marry there first then do the 130 Visa. I wish I had married last year before I came back. Looks like a lot less paperwork. Suggestion: Do you or your family have anyone that will hire you knowing you're coming back? Getting a job here is not easy anymore. I never had been unemployed prior to 2010 and it took me 23 months to take a lower paying job in Management. I am okay with it as I can do my K1 and happy to finally be back at work. I would hate for you to be separated from your family. And raising soon 3 kids in USA is not cheap.. You sure did turn Pinoy na lol with so many kids in short timeframe. Love the Philippines... Good luck

:lol::yes:

I think the OP is Pinoy.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Don't see why not as long as her income meets the requirements, and that means for you, the kids and your wife (fiancee) plus herself and any other dependents she may have.

yes sir she sure does meet the requirements, but im kinda shy to ask heheh, but for sure one way or another ima try to get my future wife to the states, it just sucks cuz my plans for the whole family to go to the states together might not happen, more than likely I might have to go home first and work, that was the only reason why I'm still in the Philippines hehe, love it here but I know I gotta move back and Grow up.

I honestly thought since my kids were US citizens it would be easier to get her a pass to go to the USA also

Since you're a US citizen living overseas for more than six months, couldn't you go the DCF (Direct Consular Filing) route? I really don't know much about it since we're doing a CR-1 visa, but you might want to see if that's an option for you. From what I know, it is MUCH faster! Good luck :)

for DCF route do I have to marry them first??

Thank You,yes it would really suck if we were separated, I guess ima have to study NCLEX here so i have another reason to stay longer, but yes seems like I just have to work for a year save some money so i can have enough to let them come back, its gonna suck living with my parents till they get here heheh, and yes I am pinoy been in this country since feb 2005, I actually love it here and dont really want to leave, but for my children's sake I have to

Edited by philjapam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

for DCF route do I have to marry them first??

Yes, DCF is only for married couples. You need to be legally married, you can still have a religious blessing once you get to the USA if you chose.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank You,yes it would really suck if we were separated, I guess ima have to study NCLEX here so i have another reason to stay longer, but yes seems like I just have to work for a year save some money so i can have enough to let them come back, its gonna suck living with my parents till they get here heheh, and yes I am pinoy been in this country since feb 2005, I actually love it here and dont really want to leave, but for my children's sake I have to

If only you knew how jealous I am. :D

Edited by Leatherneck

Both a fiance visa (form I-129F, leading to a K1 visa) and spousal visa (form I-130, leading to a CR-1 visa) will require financial sponsorship. I would get married in the Phils if I was you, as the US embassy in Manila doesn't like co-sponsors for the K1, but has to accept them for the spousal visa. If your parents are willing, they can act as co-sponsors.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I have read many posts on VJ where the time frame for the spousal visa is not a whole lot different in time than the Fiancee visa, and the spousal visa is cheaper especially when the AOS phase is started.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.