slim

Exporting Raymond

61 posts in this topic

Vika told me once that women in Ukraine do sometimes look at the shoes a guy is wearing. I don't remember what the shoes indicated - maybe cheap shoes, cheap guy. I keep shoes for years, and never buy anything stylish. Seriously, Allen Edmonds wingtips with the suit. Apparently she gave me a pass on the footwear :lol:

Dima hates American men's shoes. after 3 years, he finally found a pair of pointed-toe leather dress shoes that he liked; however, he thought the heel was too high, so he took them to a cobbler to have them altered. high-maintenance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Vika told me once that women in Ukraine do sometimes look at the shoes a guy is wearing. I don't remember what the shoes indicated - maybe cheap shoes, cheap guy. I keep shoes for years, and never buy anything stylish. Seriously, Allen Edmonds wingtips with the suit. Apparently she gave me a pass on the footwear :lol:

LOL On my first trip to Russia I wore warm hiking boots (it was end of November, first part of December) and brought Nikes. She knew about the hiking boots in advance, however. I remember wearing them along with my suit to the Bolshoi theater!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dima hates American men's shoes. after 3 years, he finally found a pair of pointed-toe leather dress shoes that he liked; however, he thought the heel was too high, so he took them to a cobbler to have them altered. high-maintenance!

I buy my shoes where I buy my guns. I'm tactical head to toe.

Speaking of RUB-related television, has anyone seen "Two Brothers and a Bride?" Not that good, but definitely relative to RUB!

Yep. We both got a few laughs. Emily Mortimer is a big fav though.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, it's kinda schlocky, but Emily Mortimer makes just about everything she's in worth watching. David Arquette puts in a good performance as well. I'm honestly surprised Emily Mortimer's not a bigger star.

Another flick she's great in is Lars and the Real Girl. And another Mortimer Russian-themed movie to check out is Transsiberian.

Yeah, it's kinda schlocky, but Emily Mortimer makes just about everything she's in worth watching. David Arquette puts in a good performance as well. I'm honestly surprised Emily Mortimer's not a bigger star.

Another flick she's great in is Lars and the Real Girl. And another Mortimer Russian-themed movie to check out is Transsiberian.

Seen 'em. I think I read somewhere that Mortimer does one project to make money, and the next because it seems interesting. I like actors that stretch into different kind of roles.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's a great movie for insight into the differences between the cultures.

A couple of my Russian friends agree; they also find it very funny!

Edited by Scafidi454

Timeline

I enjoyed the movie too. Part fictional movie and part documentary. The movie has circulated under two names: "Two Brothers and a Bride" and "A Foreign Affair." A Foreign Affair is (was?) a large MOB tour company and the movie used a real tour as the backdrop for the film, using tourists and local Russian women as actors. I think this gave the movie an interesting feel of realism to it.

David Arquette lifted above his usual limited acting talents to put in a decent performance. I will say if a viewer was not connected to the MOB life, the movie would be mediocre at best. Emily Mortimer was the standout in the movie, no question.

A Foreign Affair is still around. I log on there every now and then to show folks that yes, there really are 50,000 gorgeous women just waiting to meet you.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Speaking of RUB-related television, has anyone seen "Two Brothers and a Bride?" Not that good, but definitely relative to RUB!

Found it on hulu for those of us who haven't seen it yet (like myself).

Timeline

Found it on hulu for those of us who haven't seen it yet (like myself).

http://www.hulu.com/watch/175103/2-brothers-and-a-bride

And I just finished. Well, is that what those tours are like? It's kind of a strange way to meet someone I guess, but anyway, I thought the movie was good. I like the ending when he eats the "chicken".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.