Yunna26

Anyone who moved to Florida, US?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Yunna! My fiancée enjoyed your chat the other night. Thanks for the info. wink.gif She is a bit nervous of the interview though. whistling.gif

Hi Marty!)) I know exactly how she feels like. It's absolutely normal. As for me I was so nervous that I got sick before the interview and I was all shaking at the medical examination(I was afraid that they won't give me visa because of flu or smth) and at actual interview. I bet her nervousness will disappear as soon as she gets visa ))) Also it's very helpful that youre gonna be there too. Tell her to not be embarrassed to tell if she doesn't understand something at the interview or let her speak in Russian. To repeat such silly details as dates of Birthdays, names of family members, the actual address where she's gonna live, etc will be useful for the interview. I hope this was helpful to both of you. Good luck guys!!! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

Hi Marty!)) I know exactly how she feels like. It's absolutely normal. As for me I was so nervous that I got sick before the interview and I was all shaking at the medical examination(I was afraid that they won't give me visa because of flu or smth) and at actual interview. I bet her nervousness will disappear as soon as she gets visa ))) Also it's very helpful that youre gonna be there too. Tell her to not be embarrassed to tell if she doesn't understand something at the interview or let her speak in Russian. To repeat such silly details as dates of Birthdays, names of family members, the actual address where she's gonna live, etc will be useful for the interview. I hope this was helpful to both of you. Good luck guys!!! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

Alya already knows most of the questions you mentioned but the relatives birthdays surprised us some. I guess she needs to know my families entire history. unsure.gif Your experience was a great help and she really enjoyed your chat. Thanks!!!

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

39tlivle4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, it sounds like you just got married recently!!! And it's so tough to be apart from each other, especially knowing that youre married. I wish you the soonest reunion!!! Even if it's tough to adjust and I often struggle with homesickness there is nothing better than being reunited!!! All the best to you two! :)

Thanks, it is challenging, but it is worth it!

I would not trade my wife for anyone and I would not do anything different. I am going to visit her in a couple of months, so that is cool.

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Alya already knows most of the questions you mentioned but the relatives birthdays surprised us some. I guess she needs to know my families entire history. unsure.gif Your experience was a great help and she really enjoyed your chat. Thanks!!!

Youre very welcome! I was happy to help her a little. Well, it's not a must to know such details as relatives birthdays but if you or her have kids they can possibly ask their names and age at the very least, sometimes they ask very silly questions: for example they asked me if my boy-friend(now husband) had pets and what their breed and name was. They ask everyone different questions. The main is to be confident and everything will be alright!))

Youre very welcome! I was happy to help her a little. Well, it's not a must to know such details as relatives birthdays but if you or her have kids they can possibly ask their names and age at the very least, sometimes they ask very silly questions: for example they asked me if my boy-friend(now husband) had pets and what their breed and name was. They ask everyone different questions. The main is to be confident and everything will be alright!))

I wonder how they would verify he had pets or not because its not a requirement to list this information anywhere. Maybe he just wanted to see how you answered. smile.gif

39tlivle4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi,my name is Yunna. I am from (Odessa) Ukraine. I got married and moved to the US. I see there are so many people here end everyone is looking for friends to talk because the period of adjustment to a new country is very hard and it's very important to talk to people who can really understand you and your situation. Is there anyone here who moved to Florida, US? And others who just want to talk about the experience of moving abroad and adjusting feel free to add me to your list or start a conversation here in VS.

Hi I have lived in Florida my entire life (In Tampa). I am sure you will like it. Its warm just like topical Islands and It never snows here.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

My fiancee is from Florida, currently works and lives just 10 miles from Disney World.

We are thinking of moving later this year.

We thought about Tampa for a while, but it seems there are more jobs going on in Orlando. So we are gonna try Orlando for a while.

I would rather be by the beach, as I live by the Ocean at home. But I suppose it's not that far of a drive.

In the perfect situation, we would both get jobs in Naples (somewhere big, but away from it all).

I hate how CROWDED the Central Florida area is!

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Fort Lauderdale here, waiting for my wife to join me, Fort Lauderdale is a nice place to live! I fly direct to Barranquilla, Colombia from Miami in 3 hours, easy flight to go see my sweetie.

To Orando: I could not believe my eyes when I read your post. What a small world. I do also live in Florida as well, I filed at about the same time you did, and my wife is also in Barranquilla. I have only done once the Miami-Barranquilla direct flight and it was great. The only problem is that I live so far up north (Jacksonville) that is either a 6 hour drive down to MIA or an extra flight to MIA and they could get really expensive. I heard that Southwest flies from JAX to FLL for a decent fare, but then I thought and what about "once I get to FLL, how do I get to MIA?" ... It seems that there is little to no transportation from one airport to the next (FLL to MIA ... about 30 min-ride) which I find ridiculous. Just sharing my thoughts.

Good luck to you and your wife on this journey. Hit me up with a private message if you wish and maybe I can have my wife meet yours in Barranquilla, so they can share their experiences and encourage each other. Just saying.

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

I wonder how they would verify he had pets or not because its not a requirement to list this information anywhere. Maybe he just wanted to see how you answered. smile.gif

You are correct you don't list this info. They are just looking at the reaction and how will you answer the question. In my case my fiancee was only asked 4 questions and they looked at only 1 picture and granted her visa. Most of the questions were what kind of food I like :)

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

You are correct you don't list this info. They are just looking at the reaction and how will you answer the question. In my case my fiancee was only asked 4 questions and they looked at only 1 picture and granted her visa. Most of the questions were what kind of food I like :)

Oh that's easy. I like most anything as long as it isn't moving.... with a few exceptions. whistling.gif Plov and Shashlik omg yesssssssss! biggrin.gif

39tlivle4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, I live Cental Florida and I know there are many Russian and Ukrainian people who have come to Central Florida to live. I know there is a Russian restaurant and gift shop (its called LaComka, see below)and of course with Disney World here, there is certainly an international community in the surrounding area. If you like the warmer climate, you will love this area. Coming from Ukraine, and the harsh winters there, my fiancee is very much looking forward to living here. I hope this helps...

Here is the link for the restaurant/deli/gift shop www.lacomka-orlando.com

Richard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yunna I think it is a good investment to purchase the book "Culture Shock USA" from Amazon.com. It is very useful to help with your adjustment to the new US culture. A used copy is under $7.00. I purchased a copy and gave it to my fiancee who lives in the Philippines.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yunni. Privet. If you want to meet/talk to many other RW, I suggest you go to www.russianwomendiscussion.com. You will meet a ton of other RW and their husbands who live in Florida as well as other states. And you can talk both in English and Russian.Udachi.

Anybody here from Jacksonville Florida???

Our Timeline- IR-1 Visa : 204 days

USCIS Timeline: 90 days

04.08.11- Send 1-30

04.13.11- NOA1 (CSC)

04.18.11- Touched

07.12.11- NOA2 Yay!

NVC Timeline:- 37 days

08.02.11- NVC Received

08.20.11- Case No. assign/IIN 37 days from NOA2

08.23.11- receives DS 3032/AOS fee bill

08.24.11- Pay AOS Bill/ Sends the DS 3032 thru email

08.27.11- Received IV-Fee Bill

08.27.11- Pay IV-Fee Bill

08.29.11- Sends AOS via USPS

08.30.11- IV- Fee Bill shows Paid

09.08.11- Send IV packet

09.08.11- Received checklist RFE on AOS

09.12.11- RFE docs sends via usps

09.19.11- Case Completed

09.30.11- received interview date (email)

10.11.11- Medical exam.( Passed)

10.13.11- NVC Left

10.19.11- Consulate Received

11.03.11- Interview - Approved! Thank God.

11.04.11- Visa Issued

11.09.11- Visa on hand

USA

POE- Atlanta- 11.16.11

Received Welcome Letter: 11.30.11

Received Green Card: 12.09.11

Received SSN: 12.17.11

oxBap8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.