8xeno8

question about affidavit of support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

In the instructions for the I-864 it states that my fiance (petitioner) will receive the form from the NVC. I have a few questions about this would appreciate if someone can help me.

1. We will need a joint sponsor, as she does not earn enough. Will the nvc send her two i-864s or do we need to request another or can we simply download from uscis.gov?

2. When fiance and joint sponsor fill out the forms with supporting docs, will they have to submit them to a location or just send to me or both? (reason i ask is the instructions say they must be filed to location given in the info pack but all i see when i read about peoples journeys is that they took their affidavits with them to the us embassy for interview) so im a little confused about what should be sent where!?

3. Is it at all possible to have the forms and supporting docs fixed up ahead of the nvc requesting it? Reason i ask is that it may take a little time to be able to have the joint sponsor complete all necessary paperwork and we are really trying to speed things through asap.

I understand that the i-864s probably cannot be filed before nvc requests it, but can we download the forms now, fill them out and have them sitting ready?

all help appreciated, thank you.

I-129f sent 01/31/12

Received in Dallas sent to Vermont 02/03/12

NOA1 notice date 02/03/12

Touched 02/11/12

NOA 2 07/25/12

NVC Receive 08/01/12

NVC left 08/03/12

Consulate received 08/06/12

Medical 08/08/12

sent packet 3 docs 08/10/12 (yes i have sent before packet 3 letter received, called embassy who confirmed they have me in system as of today)

Interview scheduled 09/13/12

APPROVED!

POE 09/26/12

Wedding booked for 10/08/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

In the instructions for the I-864 it states that my fiance (petitioner) will receive the form from the NVC. I have a few questions about this would appreciate if someone can help me.

1. We will need a joint sponsor, as she does not earn enough. Will the nvc send her two i-864s or do we need to request another or can we simply download from uscis.gov?

2. When fiance and joint sponsor fill out the forms with supporting docs, will they have to submit them to a location or just send to me or both? (reason i ask is the instructions say they must be filed to location given in the info pack but all i see when i read about peoples journeys is that they took their affidavits with them to the us embassy for interview) so im a little confused about what should be sent where!?

3. Is it at all possible to have the forms and supporting docs fixed up ahead of the nvc requesting it? Reason i ask is that it may take a little time to be able to have the joint sponsor complete all necessary paperwork and we are really trying to speed things through asap.

I understand that the i-864s probably cannot be filed before nvc requests it, but can we download the forms now, fill them out and have them sitting ready?

all help appreciated, thank you.

that's not the correct form, the affidavit of support for K1 fiance is the i134 and I believe it is submitted at the interview.

the i864 is once you come and marry and you file the adjustment of status (AOS) packet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I agree with aleful. You can find the I-134 here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

You will need to have it as well as the supporting documents at the interview, not before. I see you just recently sent your I-129F petitions, so you have a lot of time to fill in the affidavit of support. No need to hurry for now but you can start gathering tax returns and all that. :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Thanks guys i honestly dont know where id be without this forum!

So this form is really much the same as the I-864, i do have a couple more questions i would love to be answered please...

1. Is the I-134 only required to be taken to the interview by me (the beneficiary) or will it need submitting to anywhere at some stage before also?

2. My fiance does not have the required income to support me, so i will be using a joint sponsor aswell... does my fiance still also need to fill out this I-134 much like she will do when it comes to the I-864 ? It does not specifically state this in the instructions :help:

I-129f sent 01/31/12

Touched 02/11/12

NOA 2 07/25/12

NVC Receive 08/01/12

NVC left 08/03/12

Medical 08/08/12

sent packet 3 docs 08/10/12 (yes i have sent before packet 3 letter received, called embassy who confirmed they have me in system as of today)

APPROVED!

POE 09/26/12

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1. Only at the interview (need confirmation from members who passed their interview in London)

2. http://www.visajourney.com/content/support Look at the 8th point: "The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide supporting documentation."

Hope that helps! :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

1. Only at the interview (need confirmation from members who passed their interview in London)

2. http://www.visajourney.com/content/support Look at the 8th point: "The US fiance is ALWAYS the primary sponsor, but may have a co-sponsor. If there is a co-sponsor, both the

US fiance and the co-sponsor will EACH have to fill out the affidavit I-134 or I-864 and EACH will have to provide supporting documentation."

Hope that helps! :)

Thank you so much!! Very helpful indeed! :star:

I-129f sent 01/31/12

Touched 02/11/12

NOA 2 07/25/12

NVC Receive 08/01/12

NVC left 08/03/12

Medical 08/08/12

APPROVED!

POE 09/26/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.