O&M

This year 136 hours total 1,728 until I see her again

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've started down the long road of the visa journey. The name of this website, I think is perfect. It is a true journey, probably the most important/nerve wracking/exciting journey I have ever undertaken I'm my life so far.

I have been on many journeys in my young life of 29 years, but this one feels different. People have met me recently and said, you seem like an old soul. I've been around the block a few times, but never had this feeling before.

The only way I can describe it is, a feeling of great unknown. This has been very hard for me so far, and I've just started. I received my NOA1 on January 20, 2012. Some days I just want to sleep, because when I wake many hours have gone by.

I wake up, go to work everyday check the calendar. We talk everyday online, video call on Skype several times a week. I keep a constant watch on my email, checking my phone for an SMS message. The little notification light goes off on my phone,

a green blink. Could it be the government alerting me so some action on my petition? Nope, just another false alarm. A message from her which fills my heart with joy, another friend saying hello, a stupid automated server alert...

I think to myself, maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day. They deposited my check quickly, they provide ways of alerting you instantly. So why does this have to take so long?

Most days are good, some are a little sad. This year, I have 136 hours of vacation total. That's 17 work days I can spend with her in Thailand. Oh how I wish she could receive a Tourist visa and come see me.

But now that we have started the journey of a K1 visa, I do not want anything to slow and or complicate that process any more than is already going to happen. I'm a Technical Systems Analyst by trade.

In my world things happen almost instantaneously, or as close to that as we can possibly get hehe. Verification is done in milliseconds, its either true or false, on or off. If a failure is going to happen, we have warnings.

To think that someone, a person is going to have to go through all this physical paper I have submitted and pass judgement on us is hard for me to comprehend. This packet of paper, as innocent as it may look holds the key to our future in America.

I've already told her, Babe if something happens and we can not get you a visa I will come live in Thailand with you. I've checked and rechecked the application again and again before sending it in. Looking line by line, as if I was examining the most

complex code looking for that one tiny mistake that's going to make everything crash and result in complete failure. But if I have to leave my country, I will. I call this Exo Plan Alpha. Sell everything, give my cat to my parents, live in my office for a few months saving money

and I'm gone. Maybe that's my way of trying to have a feeling of control in a process that has so many unknowns.

My next trip to Thailand, now 1,726 hours until I see her again. That is with no delays in travel. People at work ask me, wow that is such a long trip how can you do it? I don't think they can understand what is it like to be so far from someone who means so much to you.

It's hard to explain unless you have felt it. I'll be so happy when that 18+ hour hits of flying, because I know unless the plane goes down, in a matter of hours I will be able to hold her in my arms again. Stick me in the middle between two crying babies,

between an old man passing gas and a traveling business man getting boozed up breathing on me as he talks. I want to be on that plane right now flying hour after hour, her waiting for me at the airport. Soon, soon...

I want to say, thanks for this website, its members and the invaluable information posted here. God bless us all on our journeys...

Copya.jpg

Copyb.jpg

Copyc.jpg

Copyd.jpg

1/20/2012 - NOA1

7/20/2012 - NOA2 @ 6:50PM EST + 182 Days

7/27/2012 - NVC sent to Embassy

7/30/2013 - NVC Called (603) 334-0700 - Case number received & date sent to embassy received.

7/30/2012 - DHL Waybill Located - Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

---------------- DHL Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG

7/31/2012 - DHL Delivered US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS to Thailand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know how you feel. When I talk to my fiance via Skype, I look around the room and remember what it was like to be in that room with him. I take comfort in knowing that this should hopefully be our last time apart before many, many years (I hope) together! I even tell myself that we need this time apart so I can save money and slowly 'end' my life here in the UK. In many ways, this journey ends when we say goodbye to our loved ones in our current home and start a new future with our fiance/fiancee.

You're not alone. Make the most of your time in Thailand - I won't be seeing my fiance in person until POE so I have many more months of waiting before I can touch him again.

Great photographs by the way!

14/01/2012: Mailed off I-129F

20/01/2012: NOA1

19/06/2012: NOA2 (no RFEs)

26/07/2012: Medical

02/10/2012: Interview Date - approved!

25/10/2012: POE - Chicago O'Hare

24/01/2013: Applied for AOS/EAD/AP

19/03/2013: EAD/AP approved

21/03/2013: AOS interview scheduled for 24/04/2013

24/04/2013: Interview - Approved!

11/05/2013: Green Card received.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel man! You and I have an NOA1 date that's pretty close. Let's hope we both get as lucky as some of the more recent petitions at Vermont Service Center (one was only 54 days). I hope Vermont keeps up what it's doing now. The fact that some December petitions have managed to get an NOA2 is a very good sign. From what I've researched, this is the best time of the year to file!

Edited by Paul86

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I understand that it is one of the hardest things in the world to have to leave. :( I have about a month until I see him again, and after that I will just have to wait until the Visa is approved and he gets here.

Good luck with everything, I hope the journey goes well for you.

July 29, 2010 - Met online as penpals

September 15, 2010 - Began relationship

August 25th, 2011 - Met in person

September 20, 2011 - I-129F sent

September 26, 2011 - NOA1

February 13, 2012 - NOA2

June 18, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Reading your post sounds a lot like my life lately. I submitted my paperwork and have a NOA1 date of January 12, 2012. Luckily, I get to go to Thailand on Friday for 52 days. I will enjoy every moment with my lady, but in the back of mind I know how hard it will be to leave after all that time together. With any luck the K1 process will go smoothly and it won't be long before we are together again.

Edited by happyHiker67

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow your description is very similiar to my feelings for my sweet Filipina... a few minutes ago she sms me that she misses me .... aaahhh ... waiting is difficult.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12