Darren L

Moving GBR to USA I-693 issue

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OK Heres the deal that I found out today when visiting a Doctor in Alabama USA to get my paperwork filled for the AOS.

Entered USA october 2011 on K1 visa.

Married December 2011 as required ( 3 months )

Visited doctors to get jab record completed as required for form I-693

So far everything done as needed! So when I get to the doctors im informed that as we are not given full copies of our entire medical for the K1 visa no doctor will sign the paperwork unless they give us another full medical! SHOCKED!!!! I was.

So now ive had to pay out for another full medical as I was told is the same for every person entering the USA.

What you need to have with you if you are moving to the USA:

Full copy of your medical records with chest xray

Full jab records including recent Flu jab and check for TB. If you do not have this information you will need to pay out for a complete medical including any outstanding jabs needed like the dtap booster Flu jab and TB test. Also if you need a TB test done you will be required to go back to the doctors in 3 days time and then you wil see the doctor.

Medical cost will start at a basic $140.00 + any jabs and test needed

( I didnt have records for my second dtap or flu shot so needed them again. dtap + flu +TB+blood work + medical cost me $245.00)

Hope this isnt an issue for everybody as I know its expensive enough as it is.

Hey Darren, I'm about a month ahead of you and had the same shock regarding the medical. Every doctor I contacted wanted me to go through a full medical at a cost of $300+. I finally found one that wasn't on the civil surgeon list (but is still approved by the USCIS) thanks to another VJ'er who was willing to offer a transcription service only for £30 plus then offer my missing jab for something like $15.

I urge anyone who is about to file for AOS to fight tooth and nail with the civil surgeons as they know that you have to get their signature for the AOS process and will charge you for a full medical even though you dont need it. I walked out of 2 doctors offices on the same day as they wanted hundreds of dollars from me for a medical, x-rays and blood work that I didn't need....its all about the language you use when you call to book an appointment, say you want a transcription only and see what there response is.

I'm in Southern California and it was a major ball ache for me but I finally found a doc in Riverside who sorted me out and was familiar with the process.

I'm currently waiting on my EAD, AP and conditional green card after having my bio-metrics appointment exactly 2 weeks ago......not working is a killer aint it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is not a K-1 issue please mind where you are posting - moving to the AOS forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

oops sorry for posting in wrong area my bad!.

Yeah! Not working sucks big time i hate not doing anything, be a year on May 5th since i left my last job 'm just glad ive got a house to fix up while i wait.

Found a doctor in Decatur was only 140 for full medical plus any jabs I needed. going back monday to get TB results and paperwork. Need to find out what the deal is if the visa runs out while waiting for the AOS to go through. Only got 6 weeks left on it now.

will update if i get any issues with that too.

Visited doctors to get jab record completed as required for form I-693

So far everything done as needed! So when I get to the doctors im informed that as we are not given full copies of our entire medical for the K1 visa no doctor will sign the paperwork unless they give us another full medical! SHOCKED!!!! I was.

So now ive had to pay out for another full medical as I was told is the same for every person entering the USA.

That is what your civil surgeon said. Another CS might say something different. Many insist on doing a full medical but that's not a USCIS requirement. Your medical records are in your A-file turned in at POE and USCIS will use them to verify if you met the medical requirements.

What you need to have with you if you are moving to the USA:

Full copy of your medical records with chest xray

Full jab records including recent Flu jab and check for TB. If you do not have this information you will need to pay out for a complete medical including any outstanding jabs needed like the dtap booster Flu jab and TB test. Also if you need a TB test done you will be required to go back to the doctors in 3 days time and then you wil see the doctor.

Knightsbridge in London won't give you the full copy of the results. They will only give you the DS-3025 report of vaccinations. You were cleared of TB (for AOS purposes) by you chest x-ray and your clearance is marked in the report USCIS has from Knightsbridge. If you had marked on your DS-3025 at least one MMR, one Tdap or Td, VH for having chickenpox (instead if varicella jab) then you didn't even need to see a civil surgeon. Flu jab is required between Oct-1 and Mar 31, BUT I'm guessing your medical exam was prior to Oct1. If your DS-3025 was completed in that way, USCIS will accept it as proof that you have met the immunization requirements for AOS. They will use the date of your DS-3025 to determine if it was flu season. If it is marked "not flu season" then the flu shot is waived. If your Tdap was marked "insufficient time interval" then the second shot is waived.

If you go to a CS, then you have a new medical date. The DS-3025 date is superceded. If it happens to be flu season, then yes he would administer one as part of the requirements for that new date of record. And since a lot of time had passed since your Tdap, the "insufficient time interval" excuse would no longer be valid and a second Tdap would be appropriate on the new date of medical record. Getting it all covered on your exam at Knightsbridge would have been sufficient for AOS without seeing a CS. Read page 4 of the I-693 instructions about K1s.

Medical cost will start at a basic $140.00 + any jabs and test needed

( I didnt have records for my second dtap or flu shot so needed them again. dtap + flu +TB+blood work + medical cost me $245.00)Hope this isnt an issue for everybody as I know its expensive enough as it is.

Every civil surgeon sets their own prices. They can charge anything they want. Some may start at $300.

And for what it's worth, I think your post was appropriate for the K1 thread because you were trying to warn K1s of something to consider at the time of their visa medical exam. By the time they get to the US, it's already too late. Most never look at the AOS forum while they are doing the K1 steps.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Well had the medical now for a nice 245 for everything including jabs and now onto the AOS paperwork and guess who never recieved a NOA2!!!!!

Got an email but never anything through the post just like all the other forms i never recieved due to them not updating my address. Never even knew we would need it until now so i guess im yet another $405 out of pocket due to somebody elses mistakes.

405$ for a piece of paper is dam righ disgusting! when all they have to do is enter a case number into there computer for all the information and they wonder why they get so many ileagals...... hmmm i have a good idea lol

Anybody know other ways of not sending the noa2?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well had the medical now for a nice 245 for everything including jabs and now onto the AOS paperwork and guess who never recieved a NOA2!!!!!

Got an email but never anything through the post just like all the other forms i never recieved due to them not updating my address. Never even knew we would need it until now so i guess im yet another $405 out of pocket due to somebody elses mistakes.

405$ for a piece of paper is dam righ disgusting! when all they have to do is enter a case number into there computer for all the information and they wonder why they get so many ileagals...... hmmm i have a good idea lol

Anybody know other ways of not sending the noa2?????

Make an infopass appointment about the missing NOA2. Show them the K-1 visa in your passport. They should be able to print you out something to show the 129F was approved. You could also include a copy of the letter you got from NVC showing the 129F was approved and being forwarded to the consulate. See this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/323385-filing-for-aos-with-lost-noa2/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

OK Had the infopass appointment today in Atlanta nice 10 hour round trip and they have said that no office is permitted to give out any copies off of there sytems no matter what its for!!. But she did say that theres no reason we cant send the copy of the email and NOA1 another copy of the visa as proof instead so were going to try that along with a note saying it was recomended as the NOA2 was never recieved.

Fingers crossed and i'l update on how it goes.

Timeline

OK Had the infopass appointment today in Atlanta nice 10 hour round trip and they have said that no office is permitted to give out any copies off of there sytems no matter what its for!!. But she did say that theres no reason we cant send the copy of the email and NOA1 another copy of the visa as proof instead so were going to try that along with a note saying it was recomended as the NOA2 was never recieved.

Fingers crossed and i'l update on how it goes.

Wow, sorry the long drive seemed to be for nothing. I think writing a statement about not receiving it and including a copy of the email you received stating it was approved and the letter from NVC stating your file was being sent to your consulate should work. There was another recent post about this, and that was what they decided to do, as a couple people in the past had done it with success. Good luck! :star:

EDIT: Here is the other thread. It should be of help to you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/353607-no-noa2-to-send-with-aos/

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Wasnt happy with the long drive but they seem to think we have enough to send off.

Now any ideas how to get my alien reg number without having the NOA2? there is a A########## under annotation on the k1 visa is that it? if not its gonna be a pain in the rear again i guess lol.

Timeline

Some visas do have the A# listed. If yours has an A followed by numbers, then that is most likely your Alien Registration Number(A#). Sometimes they write it on the back of your I-94 at POE too.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

ok all paperwork sent off except the noa2 we never got but we added a cover letter explaining that the officer at atlanta suggested we put in the other documents we had along with extra copies of the visa, copy of the email etc.

Woo Reciept came back today with no RFE so im thinking everything is looking good!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Got a letter through today insisting that the petitioner ( my wife ) has to be a joint sponsor for my application for it to be accepted????????????????? ####### where in all of the notes and paperwork does it say that the petitioner has to be a sponsor?

The petitioner is the primary sponsor even if their income is not enough. They must comply with the I-864. The co-sponsor does the same.

Did you read the VJ guide?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.