Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know I am being very overly cautious but - please can someone tell me if I have everything for Package 3 before I send it off?

Ready to send:

• Cover Letter

• DS-2001

• DS-230-I (Part 1)

• DS-156 (x2)

• DS-156k

• DS-157 (x2)

That's everything right? I keep re-reading the letter to make sure I'm not missing anything (I'm too much I know!)

DS 156K asks for some extra doc such as birth certificate, police cert, evidence of engagement - but this I bring to the interview with me and not attach with Package 3?

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm a bit confused I think. My timeline was going to be:

-once number is assigned from NVC (hopefully early next week), call and schedule medical.

-try to track package to Embassy and when we think it's arrived, send off the forms you listed, minus the cover letter and Ds-2001.

-Once we get close to the medical date, send in the DS-2001 and cover letter with our wedding date, asking for any last minute interview, etc as our wedding date is near.

Do I have this wrong?

Edited by Jeannie & Al

-once number is assigned from NVC (hopefully early next week), call and schedule medical.

-try to track package to Embassy and when we think it's arrived, send off the forms you listed, minus the cover letter and Ds-2001.

-Once we get close to the medical date, send in the DS-2001 and cover letter with our wedding date, asking for any last minute interview, etc as our wedding date is near.

Do I have this wrong?

It's not what London has in mind. They want you to wait until they are ready for you by sending a letter. If you choose to push it a little by applying before they are ready, it will probably work out. They do have that statement that anything sent prior to notification will be discarded, but I don't know anybody that it happened to. Medical results or application forms coming in before a new case is logged in could get separated or misplaced or maybe annoy them. It depends on how much you are willing to push the envelope to save a few days. Just do it!

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Do I have this wrong?

I did exactly that...and now that I have my package 3, I was going to send off all forms together...

I did write on my cover letter that my medical is on the first week of august, so they know I'm ready for the interview as soon as they get the results of the test...

Shall I wait until my medical to send off the DS2001 + cover letter? I'm in no rush for an interview, I just though it would be easier to send it all off together.

Shall I wait until my medical to send off the DS2001 + cover letter? I'm in no rush for an interview, I just though it would be easier to send it all off together.

Either way is fine...separate or with the application forms.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

CEAC updated again today, I'm assuming it must be my medical results, although it's earlier than I expected.

Considered calling DoS for an update, but is it even worth it? The NVC/DoS thread says they don't know much other than packet 3, interview date and packet 4 issuance.

Will it change your life to know? Will calling get your interview assigned any faster? That's how you decide whether to call. If you can't get on with other things because you are paralyzed until you know, then call.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Will it change your life to know? Will calling get your interview assigned any faster? That's how you decide whether to call. If you can't get on with other things because you are paralyzed until you know, then call.

I'm kinda insulted by that reply. No, it won't change anything, but I just like to be informed as things progress.

I shall not bother posting such a ridiculous question next time.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

I'm kinda insulted by that reply. No, it won't change anything, but I just like to be informed as things progress.

I shall not bother posting such a ridiculous question next time.

Sorry. Did not mean to insult. it was just extreme examples of both sides -- 1)no it doesn't change anything; 2) but I can't quit thinking about it. I wasnt assigning one or the other to you. It is each person's decision based on how they feel...wait, call now, call in two days, feel okay that it surely is there. DOS used to tell people if the medical was there, based on what people said in the past. If they aren't as forthcoming with specifics now, then maybe they are trying to keep it short because of too many calls.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

It's not what London has in mind. They want you to wait until they are ready for you by sending a letter. If you choose to push it a little by applying before they are ready, it will probably work out. They do have that statement that anything sent prior to notification will be discarded, but I don't know anybody that it happened to. Medical results or application forms coming in before a new case is logged in could get separated or misplaced or maybe annoy them. It depends on how much you are willing to push the envelope to save a few days. Just do it!

thanks as usual Nich-Nick. smile.png we have pretty much given up hope on having him here for 8/9 but we will try to push it if we can..if we had our case sent to the Embassy in a normal timeframe instead of this latest messup at TSC/VSC/NVC, we would have had a more reasonable chance. If we can get our case sent off next week, maybe we'd have a chance. Do you know of anyone who called the Embassy ahead of their case arriving and explaining there was a problem and trying to expedite their case or is that frowned upon?

I did exactly that...and now that I have my package 3, I was going to send off all forms together...

I did write on my cover letter that my medical is on the first week of august, so they know I'm ready for the interview as soon as they get the results of the test...

Gotcha. smile.png

Did you schedule your medical so far out on purpose or is that what was available? I was hoping it wouldn't take that long to get an appt...

Also, when you got your packet 3, does it list the cover letter and DS2001 on there or only the other forms? not sure if there's a sample packet 3 letter out there I missed. :)

Edited by Jeannie & Al

thanks as usual Nich-Nick. smile.png we have pretty much given up hope on having him here for 8/9 but we will try to push it if we can..if we had our case sent to the Embassy in a normal timeframe instead of this latest messup at TSC/VSC/NVC, we would have had a more reasonable chance. If we can get our case sent off next week, maybe we'd have a chance. Do you know of anyone who called the Embassy ahead of their case arriving and explaining there was a problem and trying to expedite their case or is that frowned upon?

Gotcha. smile.png

Did you schedule your medical so far out on purpose or is that what was available? I was hoping it wouldn't take that long to get an appt...

Also, when you got your packet 3, does it list the cover letter and DS2001 on there or only the other forms? not sure if there's a sample packet 3 letter out there I missed. :)

Desperate times call for doing anything you can to make your date. I would press on without notification. If your stuff should happened to get lost, you miss your date which is what happens if you wait around. Packet 3 is explained on the first page of this thread -Post 6. The letter is in Post 18.

In your letter with DS-2001, do your begging. Don't clutter it with a list of all the forms you are sending. You want them to notice your need for speed. Just state what they want --medical date, wedding date, email address. Then your begging for an early date, short notice, cancellation slot, etc.

Take the earliest medical available and call back to ask if anything else has opened up if the date seems too far out. I hope you have your police certificate already.

Calling the embassy call center would be a waste of time and money. They can't do anything like that. State it in writing with your forms so the person who has physical access to your file sees it. It will be hard to make your date, but go for it and see what happens. I've know people to get emails saying to show up two days later.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Desperate times call for doing anything you can to make your date. I would press on without notification. If your stuff should happened to get lost, you miss your date which is what happens if you wait around. Packet 3 is explained on the first page of this thread -Post 6. The letter is in Post 18.

In your letter with DS-2001, do your begging. Don't clutter it with a list of all the forms you are sending. You want them to notice your need for speed. Just state what they want --medical date, wedding date, email address. Then your begging for an early date, short notice, cancellation slot, etc.

Take the earliest medical available and call back to ask if anything else has opened up if the date seems too far out. I hope you have your police certificate already.

Calling the embassy call center would be a waste of time and money. They can't do anything like that. State it in writing with your forms so the person who has physical access to your file sees it. It will be hard to make your date, but go for it and see what happens. I've know people to get emails saying to show up two days later.

thank you so much! :) we have the police cert..he has my I-134 w/wet signatures and copies of all the rest he needs...forms he filled out were checked by our attorney to make sure they were filled out correctly. He recently got a booster on one of his vaccinations and has his medicial history and the list of those ready to go....so we are ready ..will follow your advice above with the pleading, uncluttered letter...we can try and maybe we get a sympathetic person :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Okay, things are getting out of hand between my fiance and I over the I-134 docs. He has now gone back on what he said about the employment contract, so we can't use that. So what we do have, is the employment letter (with no mention of annual salary or hours) and pay slips. This is going to be my only option now, has it been enough for people in the past?

It's becoming a problem in the relationship, he's saying I don't think anything is good enough, but I'm just trying to be prepared. This whole process is terrifying to me, I've never done anything like it. And now I'm so fed up, I just want it to be done with so we can get on with things.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Okay, things are getting out of hand between my fiance and I over the I-134 docs. He has now gone back on what he said about the employment contract, so we can't use that. So what we do have, is the employment letter (with no mention of annual salary or hours) and pay slips. This is going to be my only option now, has it been enough for people in the past?

It's becoming a problem in the relationship, he's saying I don't think anything is good enough, but I'm just trying to be prepared. This whole process is terrifying to me, I've never done anything like it. And now I'm so fed up, I just want it to be done with so we can get on with things.

Sorry to hear the stress is getting to you guys - you are almost there but it's trying for sure.

I work for a Fortune 100 company and they don't do employment verification letters like this..it's some self service type thing and it's kind of annoying. My attorney said it was not needed so we are not using one. We have the form and my fiance will have my last 6 pay stubs and my tax transcripts (I originally scanned and emailed him my W2s, 1040s, 1099s etc but my tax transcripts came quickly enough that were recommended earlier in this thread so I sent him those to use instead).

Other people may give you other advice but my attorney said an employment letter wasn't needed if that helps at all. :)

Hiya Laura Clare, hope its all going ok your end!

Someone on VJ posted this a week or so ago, and this is how Package 3 looks http://s3.amazonaws.com/f01.justanswer.com/JACUSTOMERml9n6kwe/2013-01-14_032147_scan_130130003.jpg

This is a dated letter but mine is exactly the same- except for the paragraph with the fees (which I believe now comes in Package 4)

I booked my medical for first week of Aug because I'm taking my 2nd MMR shot 30th July (I know I can get a waiver for this, but I'd rather just get the shot) I'm not in any rush anyway...I understand the visa validity is around the medical date, so the later the better for me.

I ended up sending the cover letter and DS 2001 with the other DS forms, so as soon as they get my medical results, they can assign me an interview whenever (I think it will be either first or second week of Sept by looking at various timelines)

Timeline

Would there be a problem if my Fiance does not have a tax return at hand? Could he just show Pay Slips, Employer letter, W-2's, Letter from bank vs bank statements. My brother is my co-sponsor and his wife are joined in taxes. They like anyone else are very private and don't like to share personal information like this to just anyone. So I'm wondering if the Tax Return Transcripts are less detailed than the actual Tax Return; is it just a brief description of numbers? I would like to know what is really required and not optional. I would hate for my Fiance to show up without the REQUIRED. Are the Tax Returns a big deal or the other things I mentioned would be suffice. Embassy in London... I know every country can be more or less strict. Would appreciate your help!

What documents are MANDATORY and which ones could be considered OPTIONAL (EXTRA)

Fellow VJ'S

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Would there be a problem if my Fiance does not have a tax return at hand? Could he just show Pay Slips, Employer letter, W-2's, Letter from bank vs bank statements. My brother is my co-sponsor and his wife are joined in taxes. They like anyone else are very private and don't like to share personal information like this to just anyone. So I'm wondering if the Tax Return Transcripts are less detailed than the actual Tax Return; is it just a brief description of numbers? I would like to know what is really required and not optional. I would hate for my Fiance to show up without the REQUIRED. Are the Tax Returns a big deal or the other things I mentioned would be suffice. Embassy in London... I know every country can be more or less strict. Would appreciate your help!

What documents are MANDATORY and which ones could be considered OPTIONAL (EXTRA)

Fellow VJ'S

London does not have mandatory proofs. Pick ANY two from the list-

-latest tax return with W2

-latest tax return transcript (equal to above so these can't be your two things as they are the same thing)

-employer letter

-pay slips

-Social Security retirement statement

-Statement of pension received if retired

-bank statements or brokerage statements showing enough savings if not enough salary.

-UK financial statements if the beneficiary has a big savings account...enough to self-sponsor.

-anything else that proves income or assets.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.