Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

I've been completing the forms for the Embassy and gave done the DS-156 and printed it with the bar code on it.

Looking at the completed form again, I realize that I should probably have put NONE for some of the answers e.g. 'Other First and Middle Names Used'.

Do I have to complete the form again and get another bar code or can I write NONE in the answers on the form?

I've been completing the forms for the Embassy and gave done the DS-156 and printed it with the bar code on it.

Looking at the completed form again, I realize that I should probably have put NONE for some of the answers e.g. 'Other First and Middle Names Used'.

Do I have to complete the form again and get another bar code or can I write NONE in the answers on the form?

The barcode is a capture of all your entries so it can be scanned into their computers. If you want to change your answers, even by a single letter, then do it again to create a correct barcode.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi back again sorry, would you believe I have printed out the complete 78 pages of this thread and I am making my way through reading them all it has been most helpful so far, I am in the the process of completing my DS-230 form and question 43a "Do you want social security addministration to assign you a SSN and issue you a card"

can anyone help me how to answer this one, I am not sure what a SSN is

thank you

Anne

Hi back again sorry, would you believe I have printed out the complete 78 pages of this thread and I am making my way through reading them all it has been most helpful so far, I am in the the process of completing my DS-230 form and question 43a "Do you want social security addministration to assign you a SSN and issue you a card"

can anyone help me how to answer this one, I am not sure what a SSN is

thank you

Anne

That's on Part 2 which is not for K1s to fill out. It is Social Security Number. A spouse getting a IR1-1/CR-1 visa will be a greencard holder as soon as they enter the US. As such they will be authorized to work and this step allows them automatically receive their Social Security card in the mail. Their greencard will come automatically too.

As a K1, they will not issue you a SSN based on this form. K1 is not an immigrant visa. There was someone who got asked for Part 2 recently, but that was a mistake. Maybe the worker was new or was thinking Immigrant visa or needed a cup of tea. Your oath is on the DS-156k. And all those questions about if you are a criminal, prostitute, Nazi will be on your form I-485 when you apply for permanent residence/greencard. The DS-230 part 2 is like applying for the greencard for spouses. You have to do that later ...adjustment of status.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Nich-Nick thank you so much for clarifying this for me. do I need to do to complete this section for my son he is 6?

I Know I am well ahead in preparing these forms but just want to be prepared, and reading through this thread most evenings too,

thank you for your support I really appreciate it.

Anne

Nich-Nick thank you so much for clarifying this for me. do I need to do to complete this section for my son he is 6?

I Know I am well ahead in preparing these forms but just want to be prepared, and reading through this thread most evenings too,

thank you for your support I really appreciate it.

Anne

From the London instructions:

Step One

Complete the Form DS-230-Part 1, Form DS-156 and DS-157 for each family member applying for a visa. In addition, the principal applicant is also required to complete form DS-156K. Note: Forms DS-156 and DS-157 must be completed in duplicate. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A. The completed form(s) should be mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See "Contact and Mailing Address" on the right-hand side of the page. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Those first three listed are for your son. Notice it says specifically Part 1 and not the whole DS-230. Then the principal applicant (you) fills out the DS-156k. That's the one that has the oath to sign in front of the officer and says you intend to marry within 90 days, etc. It wouldn't be appropriate for you son to sign an oath saying he intends to marry in 90 days. Hahaha

It's a lot to comprehend at first, but starts to be pretty clear if you read it a couple of times. Or by the time you are way past it, it will click. ;)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but how long after sending my forms would I typically have to wait before hearing anything from the Embassy? I mean, if there is something wrong with the documents for instance.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but how long after sending my forms would I typically have to wait before hearing anything from the Embassy? I mean, if there is something wrong with the documents for instance.

Thanks smile.png

It seems to be in the 4-6 week range from submitting the DS forms and the embassy receiving your medical exam results. They won't tell you in advance if something is wrong with your documents, though.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

It seems to be in the 4-6 week range from submitting the DS forms and the embassy receiving your medical exam results. They won't tell you in advance if something is wrong with your documents, though.

Thanks, was just curious. I have submitted all the forms except the DS-2001 (With cover letter) as I'm still waiting for my "Access Request" and Affidavit's of support.

Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone know roughly how long the NVC are taking to process and send our packets out to London? And how many days it takes for the packt to get to London once it has been shipped? Ive read on here sometimes it take them 2 weeks to send them but I was wondering if anyone has a more up to date idea.

Im just trying to figure out what dates to book my medical for.

Thank you!

Flossy x

Hello,

Does anyone know roughly how long the NVC are taking to process and send our packets out to London? And how many days it takes for the packt to get to London once it has been shipped? Ive read on here sometimes it take them 2 weeks to send them but I was wondering if anyone has a more up to date idea.

Thank you!

Flossy x

Not sure if that's up to date enough but thats how long i have been waiting.

NVC Received : 2013-03-01

NVC Left : 2013-03-08

Consulate Received : 2013-03-21

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Hello,

Thank you!

Flossy x

Many take only 3 days. The trip across the pond is about 4 days. That doesn't mean London opens the mail that day and sets up your file.

To look at everybody's NVC times, do a "timeline search" here http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php?cfl=

Select K1,

Leave "all" countries/ service centers because NVC is the same for any country, embassy, service center.

Simple or Detailed results? Detailed

Since you want to know recent NVC times, fill in the dates on the NOA2 line.

2013-04-01 to 2013-05-22 will get those that were headed to NVC since April 1.

At the bottom pick max results 100, Then hit the "find entries" button.

The results will be all on VJ that updated a NOA2. Some will have filled out their NVC times for you to compare. If there are too many results, then go for maybe Apr 15 to current date.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Back again.

On the London US Embassy website it says:

You are required to obtain the original documents or certified copies, and one photocopy (with the exception of your passport and photographs) for yourself and each family member applying for a visa.

Does that mean I do not need to take along my fiance (the petitioner's) original documents? It's just that I'm not absolutely certain that I have my fiance's original divorce document. I may only have a copy of it. I can't be certain as I am in the US and my file is in the UK! My fiance doesn't have the original.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.