Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Yes it was Dtap from over a decade ago which wasn't sufficient. Have had it again now & have it recorded by my GP. Haven't had my interview yet no. When I phoned Knightsbridge after finding out my DS-3025 was useless, they were really unhelpful & said it was too late to do anything as my form had been sent off & requesting it back would be extremely time consuming & would prolong my interview date even further. I had no idea that I could get them to amend it & send me a new form?? They really were not willing to help me in any way or take responsibility for their ill advice, but I will try phone them tomorrow if you think it's worth a shot? Have people done this before? I know some people have delayed them sending the form to the embassy while they went back to their GP & got the shots but that's too late for me.

I have never known anybody to do this. It just popped in my head so I hit the edit button to add my idea. I personally would do it, but some aren't as comfortable asking for things as I am and would rather not rock the boat. Is that a British thing? My husband is finally learning that asking won't kill you and is getting good at it.

I was in my forties before I figured this out---state your problem and tell them how you would like them to fix it. Don't just say "you lied to me and messed up my vaccination sheet" and wait for them to offer a solution. Explain that you have learned what the vaccination nurse told you was not correct. She said___________ and you now know that advice is going to cost you $200 and a trip to a civil surgeon in the US just to add that shot to an official government form. Since I haven't had my interview, I want to fax you my DS-3025 and the additional shot I got from my GP. I want you to fill out a new DS-3025 and send it to the embassy with an explanation that it has been revised to complete the shot record. With all the shots on the DS-3025, I will not have to see a civil surgeon just to copy my records onto a new form.

If you're not comfortable write a script and practice. Be ready for things they might say---

You'll have to pay us--No, I already paid you 227 pounds. It was her misinformation that caused this mess. I expect you to fix it.

You might have altered the form--Why would I do that? Surely the person who filled it out will recognize their handwriting.

Or compose a letter and fax the letter, DS-3025, and GP shots. Ask that they call you. Follow up if they don't by the end of the day. Be graciouse and thank them.

If it works, then Yay! If they refuse, then you're no worse off.

You did get the VH marked for having chickenpox?? That's as important ashaving the shots listed. The revision will say incomplete AND may be eligible for blanket waiver...both ticked.

A side note on asking for things. Hubby has a leather cover/case for his iPad. The inside lining is peeling. He emailed the manufacturer and asked them to replace it or tell him what kind of adhesive he should use to try and repair it. He just got an email and tracking number for a new case they are sending. Never hurts to say how you would like them to solve your problem. I'm so proud of him. He wouldnt have done that four years ago.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Quick question, when you say wait 3-4 days after you attend your medical to send off your readiness packet, so that your medical results will arrive on or around the same day your readiness packet will, do you mean 3-4 business days?

Louise

K-1 PROCESS

I-129F SENT...................................MAR 27, 2012
I-129F RECEIVED.........................MAR 29, 2012
NOA1...............................................APR 2, 2012
I-129F RFE......................................AUG 15, 2012
SENT RFE RESPONSE...............SEP 1, 2012
I-129F PETITION APPROVED....SEP 13, 2012
NOA2 HARD COPY......................SEP 17, 2012
PACKET 3 RECEIVED.................OCT 3, 2012 (Called DOS, London Logged Case)
PACKET 3 SENT...........................OCT 4, 2012
MEDICAL.........................................OCT 9, 2012
READINESS SENT.......................OCT 12, 2012
INTERVIEW LETTER.....................NOV 20, 2012 (First one sent on NOV 15th)
INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!
POE.................................................DEC 7,2012
MARRIED........................................DEC 11, 2012
GOT MARRIAGE CERT................JAN 17, 2013

AOS PROCESS

AOS PACKET SENT.....................FEB 25, 2013

NOA1...............................................FEB 4, 2013

BIOMETRIC APT...........................MAR 25, 2013

INTERVIEW LETTER....................APR 11, 2013

AOS INTERVIEW...........................MAY 17, 2013

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.............JUN 6, 2013

Hey everyone!

Quick question, when you say wait 3-4 days after you attend your medical to send off your readiness packet, so that your medical results will arrive on or around the same day your readiness packet will, do you mean 3-4 business days?

Louise

It's not critical...send the day of your medical, next day, two days later, one day before. It's only my opinion that it may be better than sending weeks earlier with your other forms. I've encouraged people to start a spreadsheet to gather data on how long after the last thing arrived did they get an interview, but nobody ever did. Maybe see if there is a difference mailing with the other forms or to arrive about the time of the medical.

Previous years had this going --a thread for all the chit-chat and Yays plus times. It was a hang-out for everybody. I made some great friends who I've eventually met in person. But that format wouldn't work so well now because back then the interview wasnt dependent on receiving medical results. So measuring from returning P3 was a good comparison in 2010. There's extra variables in 2012. See example post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231791-2010-united-kingdom-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__3942392 Now there's a new thread a day saying "how long does it take?"

This is our old UK AOS spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak8egWAow_WkcDR4U3RXUkRIVkc2ZFZveG1UR0FLRWc#gid=0

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

It's not critical...send the day of your medical, next day, two days later, one day before. It's only my opinion that it may be better than sending weeks earlier with your other forms. I've encouraged people to start a spreadsheet to gather data on how long after the last thing arrived did they get an interview, but nobody ever did. Maybe see if there is a difference mailing with the other forms or to arrive about the time of the medical.

Previous years had this going --a thread for all the chit-chat and Yays plus times. It was a hang-out for everybody. I made some great friends who I've eventually met in person. But that format wouldn't work so well now because back then the interview wasnt dependent on receiving medical results. So measuring from returning P3 was a good comparison in 2010. There's extra variables in 2012. See example post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231791-2010-united-kingdom-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__3942392 Now there's a new thread a day saying "how long does it take?"

This is our old UK AOS spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak8egWAow_WkcDR4U3RXUkRIVkc2ZFZveG1UR0FLRWc#gid=0

Thank you for the info! :) Ah I see I wasn't sure if there was some sort of spread sheet but I agree it does make sense that getting it all there in their order and around the same day would go through sooner/at least not delay it. See I was asking because today I was working on the google calendar we use to keep track of all our immigration dates and information and I was trying to 'guess it out' and see where things could land based on similar timelines to get a rough idea lol

Also side note to anyone else reading this I highly recommend www.wedoist.com to make lists of everything that needs to get done so you and your person can stay on top of things together. I've found it helps a lot especially to make notes lol - I wonder what other people use?

K-1 PROCESS

I-129F SENT...................................MAR 27, 2012
I-129F RECEIVED.........................MAR 29, 2012
NOA1...............................................APR 2, 2012
I-129F RFE......................................AUG 15, 2012
SENT RFE RESPONSE...............SEP 1, 2012
I-129F PETITION APPROVED....SEP 13, 2012
NOA2 HARD COPY......................SEP 17, 2012
PACKET 3 RECEIVED.................OCT 3, 2012 (Called DOS, London Logged Case)
PACKET 3 SENT...........................OCT 4, 2012
MEDICAL.........................................OCT 9, 2012
READINESS SENT.......................OCT 12, 2012
INTERVIEW LETTER.....................NOV 20, 2012 (First one sent on NOV 15th)
INTERVIEW.....................................NOV 28, 2012 (First Date: DEC 13th, e-mailed for earlier date)
VISA APPROVED!!
POE.................................................DEC 7,2012
MARRIED........................................DEC 11, 2012
GOT MARRIAGE CERT................JAN 17, 2013

AOS PROCESS

AOS PACKET SENT.....................FEB 25, 2013

NOA1...............................................FEB 4, 2013

BIOMETRIC APT...........................MAR 25, 2013

INTERVIEW LETTER....................APR 11, 2013

AOS INTERVIEW...........................MAY 17, 2013

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.............JUN 6, 2013

Timeline

I have never known anybody to do this. It just popped in my head so I hit the edit button to add my idea. I personally would do it, but some aren't as comfortable asking for things as I am and would rather not rock the boat. Is that a British thing? My husband is finally learning that asking won't kill you and is getting good at it.

I was in my forties before I figured this out---state your problem and tell them how you would like them to fix it. Don't just say "you lied to me and messed up my vaccination sheet" and wait for them to offer a solution. Explain that you have learned what the vaccination nurse told you was not correct. She said___________ and you now know that advice is going to cost you $200 and a trip to a civil surgeon in the US just to add that shot to an official government form. Since I haven't had my interview, I want to fax you my DS-3025 and the additional shot I got from my GP. I want you to fill out a new DS-3025 and send it to the embassy with an explanation that it has been revised to complete the shot record. With all the shots on the DS-3025, I will not have to see a civil surgeon just to copy my records onto a new form.

If you're not comfortable write a script and practice. Be ready for things they might say---

You'll have to pay us--No, I already paid you 227 pounds. It was her misinformation that caused this mess. I expect you to fix it.

You might have altered the form--Why would I do that? Surely the person who filled it out will recognize their handwriting.

Or compose a letter and fax the letter, DS-3025, and GP shots. Ask that they call you. Follow up if they don't by the end of the day. Be graciouse and thank them.

If it works, then Yay! If they refuse, then you're no worse off.

You did get the VH marked for having chickenpox?? That's as important ashaving the shots listed. The revision will say incomplete AND may be eligible for blanket waiver...both ticked.

A side note on asking for things. Hubby has a leather cover/case for his iPad. The inside lining is peeling. He emailed the manufacturer and asked them to replace it or tell him what kind of adhesive he should use to try and repair it. He just got an email and tracking number for a new case they are sending. Never hurts to say how you would like them to solve your problem. I'm so proud of him. He wouldnt have done that four years ago.

Thanks for the encouragement Nich! Yes perhaps it is a British thing but I definitely hate confrontation & am a bit of a "wuss" lol. I am geared up to call but their number has been engaged for the past 2 hours...will report back on my progress...

Tasha

Timeline

Update...finally got through. Again got another extremely aggressive receptionist. She said they do not amend forms once they have been sent. If I had requested for it to be held it wouldn't have been a problem. I said that my forms were sent incomplete because I was told this was the right thing to do by the nurse or I would have requested they be held. She said I would need a formal request from the embassy to make an amendment & I would I need to acquire authorisation for this myself by speaking to them over the phone. IF they approve the amendment then they will need to find my form, courier it back to Knightsbridge where they could destroy it & then courier them back a new form. She said they have never done this & it's not normal practice & the embassy are probably extremely busy as it is, and this will only slow down my entire application process when I am already waiting for an interview blush.gif I am not going to bother as I spoke to a Medical centre in Austin last night who were really helpful & said they will charge around $70 which isn't bad.

Update...finally got through. Again got another extremely aggressive receptionist. She said they do not amend forms once they have been sent. If I had requested for it to be held it wouldn't have been a problem. I said that my forms were sent incomplete because I was told this was the right thing to do by the nurse or I would have requested they be held. She said I would need a formal request from the embassy to make an amendment & I would I need to acquire authorisation for this myself by speaking to them over the phone. IF they approve the amendment then they will need to find my form, courier it back to Knightsbridge where they could destroy it & then courier them back a new form. She said they have never done this & it's not normal practice & the embassy are probably extremely busy as it is, and this will only slow down my entire application process when I am already waiting for an interview blush.gif I am not going to bother as I spoke to a Medical centre in Austin last night who were really helpful & said they will charge around $70 which isn't bad.

Well at least your tried and maybe taught them something about the information they gave out. You are a hero for those that come after you. :star:

Go Tasha! Go Tasha! Go Tasha!

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Well at least your tried and maybe taught them something about the information they gave out. You are a hero for those that come after you. :star:

Go Tasha! Go Tasha! Go Tasha!

Thanks Nich, couldn't have done it if you hadn't pushed me so thanks again! Like you said at least I tried good.gif

I told my fiance Jeff your plan last night, though American born & bred, he's probably a bit like Nick & said there was no point "rocking the boat" at this stage as what's done is done, but I feel good that I tried or I would have always wondered :)

Timeline

Hey,

got some really great news yesterday. my employer in the UK are putting together a formal job offer from me for there offices in Santa Monica. The start date will be April 1st 2013 so gives me enough time to get my EAD card sorted. so myself and Elora will be moving to Los Angeles in late March.

its also a promotion which is very nice. finding work was the only thing that really worried/stressed me about the big move so its nice that its sorted. Elora should be able to find a job in LA no problem as her resume is really strong but she might even go back to school.

very happy. everything is coming together. also Elora is coming to London to visit in 3 weeks which was a surprise as we though we were going to have to wait until December when I moved.

Edited by Elora & Rob

K1

02/09/12 I-129F Sent
02/15/12 NOA1 Received
06/29/12 NOA2 - APPROVED (135 days No RFE's)
07/26/12 UK Medical
07/28/12 Packet 3 received
07/31/12 Visa Fee paid & Packet 3 Sent. (with DS-2001)
08/21/12 Packet 4 received
09/07/12 K1 Interview - APPROVED (205 days No RFE's)
09/13/12 Passport/Visa & Package Received
12/10/12 P.O.E in Las Vegas, NV
12/12/12 Got Marriage License
12/14/12 MARRIED

AOS

12/27/12 Applied for SSC
12/28/12 Received Marriage Certificate
12/28/12 Recieved Marriage Certificate
01/02/13 Received SSC
01/07/13 AOS Sent
01/10/13 NOA Received
02/07/13 Biometrics
03/11/13 EAD & AP Approved (63 days)
03/14/13 EAD & AP card received
03/27/13 AOS Interview - *Error with Medical Certificate*

05/23/13 US Medical

05/29/13 New Medical Certificate Sent

06/07/13 AOS Approved

06/12/13 Green Card Arrived

Timeline

Hi All -- just got our interview date by calling DOS, and thought I'd share our timeline for others that are waiting as well.

We sent all of the "Packet 3" documents, including DS2001 on August 28. Laura's medical exam was on August 30. After patiently waiting a couple of weeks I called DOS yesterday (Sept 18). They told me that their system showed everything logged as being received one day earlier, Monday, September 17, but no interview date yet. I called again today (Sept 19) and they did have an interview date in their system: October 3, 2012... only 2 weeks away!

We still haven't received a formal letter, of course, but it sounds like they assigned the date today and we'll hopefully get the official notice shortly. I am a little surprised at the close timing between now and the interview date (we didn't mention a specific wedding date or travel plans, so I assumed there'd be at least a 4 week spread), but very happy and grateful about this news. (And really hoping the rep at DOS was looking at the correct file! :D )

[u][b]K-1 Visa Application for my Fiancée[/b][/u]
June 21, 2010 - We met for the first time
December 30, 2011 - Engaged!
February 10, 2012 - I-129F petition packet sent to Dallas Lockbox
February 13, 2012 - I-129F petition packet arrived at Dallas Lockbox
February 15, 2012 - NOA 1 - petition received
June 29, 2012 - NOA 2 - petition approved
July 27, 2012 - USCIS officially sent petition to NVC
July 30, 2012 - NVC received petition
August 1, 2012 - NVC assigned case number and petition sent from NVC to consulate
August 11, 2012 - Received "Packet 3" from Embassy
August 28, 2012 - All "Packet 3" documents (including DS2001) sent to Embassy
August 30, 2012 - Medical exam
September 17, 2012 - Date all forms logged as received at embassy according to DOS
September 19, 2012 - DOS gives us interview date over the phone
September 22, 2012 - Appointment letter arrived
October 3, 2012 - Interview at London Embassy
October 3, 2012 - [u][b]APPROVED!!!![/u][/b]
October 10, 2012 - Visa arrived via DX courier
October 25, 2012 - Laura moves to the US / POE at LAX

Timeline

Hi All -- just got our interview date by calling DOS, and thought I'd share our timeline for others that are waiting as well.

We sent all of the "Packet 3" documents, including DS2001 on August 28. Laura's medical exam was on August 30. After patiently waiting a couple of weeks I called DOS yesterday (Sept 18). They told me that their system showed everything logged as being received one day earlier, Monday, September 17, but no interview date yet. I called again today (Sept 19) and they did have an interview date in their system: October 3, 2012... only 2 weeks away!

We still haven't received a formal letter, of course, but it sounds like they assigned the date today and we'll hopefully get the official notice shortly. I am a little surprised at the close timing between now and the interview date (we didn't mention a specific wedding date or travel plans, so I assumed there'd be at least a 4 week spread), but very happy and grateful about this news. (And really hoping the rep at DOS was looking at the correct file! :D )

Congrats & thanks for posting! I feel much better now as I sent my packet 3 off exactly the same date as you did! I got receipt a week later so I praying I get a date any day! yes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for sharing that! We still have a few weeks before I'm expecting anything but that's not too bad a timeframe. :-)

NOA1 : 02/15/12

NOA2 : 08/16/2012

NVC Rec'd : 08/27/2012

Medical : 09/14/2012

Interview : 10/31/2012

POE : 11/16/2012

Marriage : 02/02/2013

We actually sent all the DS forms(notice of readiness included) on the 11th, the same day of medical and I called DOS today and we are scheduled for an interview on the 26th of this month. We did indicate on our cover letter that we'd be available for an interview at the shortest notice. :secret:

We have an NOA1 date of March 1st but still have no NOA2 :( we have planned a wedding for January 5th (foolishly) but really thinking I won't make it for then since we don't even have our NOA2 yet. Any suggestions/opinions on whether we will have our visa on time for January 5th or not?

I realise it was silly to plan a wedding in advance now, but what's done is done. Praying we still by a miracle get out visa on time.

NOA1 date: 03/01/12

NOA2 date: 10/02/12

Packet 3 received: 10/24/12

Packet 3 sent: 10/29/12

Medical: 11/06/12

Packet 4 received: 11/17/12

Email received with interview change: 11/19/12

Interview date: 01/07/13 12/04/12 (after emailing and asking for an earlier interview due to wedding already plans set)

Interview:

Visa in hand: 12/04/12 - approved

POE: 12/18/2012 - flew through Dublin so POE there

Wedding: 01/05/12

Filed AOS/EAS/AP: 03/15/13

NOA1: 03/18/13

Biometrics: 04/17/13 (Birmingham, AL)

EAD/AP card received: 05/31/13

Notification green card approved and in production: 08/07/13

Timeline

We have an NOA1 date of March 1st but still have no NOA2 :( we have planned a wedding for January 5th (foolishly) but really thinking I won't make it for then since we don't even have our NOA2 yet. Any suggestions/opinions on whether we will have our visa on time for January 5th or not?

I realise it was silly to plan a wedding in advance now, but what's done is done. Praying we still by a miracle get out visa on time.

At first that does sound like a bit of a delay, however if you visit the USCIS site and check the processing times (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do) it shows that VSC is currently processing K1s with a filing date of February 27th... sounds like VSC is a little behind, but your date is hopefully not far away.

Of course, it's impossible to know if you'll make it in time or not for your January 5th date. Our NOA 2 came 2 weeks earlier than the USCIS timeframe, but then our packet got stuck for about a month before it left USCIS and went to the NVC. We unfortunately have little control to the "waiting periods", which for me has been the worst part of this process. The only thing you can do is be as prepared as possible, start thinking ahead about the materials you'll need to gather once the NOA2 arrives (police certificates, etc.), and start prepping the next forms so those are ready as well.

The good news is once you get to the Department of State things do move quicker than USCIS. Best of luck!

[u][b]K-1 Visa Application for my Fiancée[/b][/u]
June 21, 2010 - We met for the first time
December 30, 2011 - Engaged!
February 10, 2012 - I-129F petition packet sent to Dallas Lockbox
February 13, 2012 - I-129F petition packet arrived at Dallas Lockbox
February 15, 2012 - NOA 1 - petition received
June 29, 2012 - NOA 2 - petition approved
July 27, 2012 - USCIS officially sent petition to NVC
July 30, 2012 - NVC received petition
August 1, 2012 - NVC assigned case number and petition sent from NVC to consulate
August 11, 2012 - Received "Packet 3" from Embassy
August 28, 2012 - All "Packet 3" documents (including DS2001) sent to Embassy
August 30, 2012 - Medical exam
September 17, 2012 - Date all forms logged as received at embassy according to DOS
September 19, 2012 - DOS gives us interview date over the phone
September 22, 2012 - Appointment letter arrived
October 3, 2012 - Interview at London Embassy
October 3, 2012 - [u][b]APPROVED!!!![/u][/b]
October 10, 2012 - Visa arrived via DX courier
October 25, 2012 - Laura moves to the US / POE at LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.