Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You can apply for AOS any time. No rules in the law, but sooner is always better. You only have to take a new medical exam if you don't apply within 12 months of the Knightsbridge exam date.

Here's an idea--why don't you use this time for filling out your AOS forms to take your mind off fretting. I think you have done all you can. You did confirm with DOS that your forms, medical and readiness form are received and asked if you are shown as interview ready???

Here's my AOS list of things to prepare.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

Oh it's a big relief to hear that it's 12 months for the medical exam. That was my biggest concern about pushing the wedding date back (other than my impatience!).

DOS have confirmed twice that I'm interview ready, so as you say, I think I've done all I can now.

And I have started to look at the AOS forms, mainly the I-864 as my fiance has to write a statement for his lack of tax returns. Suppose I could make a start on the rest of it, I've got nothing else to do now tongue.png Thanks for the link, will take a look.

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

I planned all our wedding from the UK - it looked like I was going to arrive 2 days before the wedding, so I needed to! As it happened, I actually arrived 2 weeks before the wedding. I just used Skype to speak to people and arrange the waiver we needed for the marriage license as we were getting married in a different state to where we live. It's not ideal but it is the marriage that matters more than the wedding.

I had to plan from the UK too. Crazy circumstances. I had returned from a mandatory hurricane evacuation of my coastal town. Everything was shut down. No lights, no phones, no gasoline, no stores, food spoiling in fridge, trees down, water leaking into fiance's soon to be closet, fence blown down, part of the chimney two doors down. Six million without power all the way to Houston and beyond. As the town was slowly limping back, I managed to talk to fiancé who had broken his collar bone and some ribs. He had procrastinated and not packed and the movers were picking up his boxes in 2 days. I caught a plane that afternoon to go help him and drive him back to the doctor. So I just stayed two weeks until his planned departure so I could handle the six bags we had between us. He was in a sling and in a lot of pain. I of course had procrastinated the wedding plans thinking I still had a month and not anticipating a hurricane evacuation or fiance injuries. Somehow I made many arrangements from the UK and we married the 5th day we arrived back in the US. He took off his sling for the wedding :P. Our fifth anniversary is in October and we have yet to have a decent celebration on any of them. Maybe I should book a fancy trip for it right now and hope something doesn't get in the way. We are so happy, it doesn't matter if we celebrate a date really. Every day is awesome.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You can apply for AOS any time. No rules in the law, but sooner is always better. You only have to take a new medical exam if you don't apply within 12 months of the Knightsbridge exam date.

Here's an idea--why don't you use this time for filling out your AOS forms to take your mind off fretting. I think you have done all you can. You did confirm with DOS that your forms, medical and readiness form are received and asked if you are shown as interview ready???

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

Oh really? I'd thought you have to AOS within 6 months because of the chest x-ray? We were trying to plan things out (rush things) as we're heading back in December so we were trying to cram everything inside a month.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

Oh really? I'd thought you have to AOS within 6 months because of the chest x-ray? We were trying to plan things out (rush things) as we're heading back in December so we were trying to cram everything inside a month.

That's what I had assumed. It'd make things easier on us having 12 months!

Edited by Laura Clare

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Got through Newark just fine yesterday! Had an envelope full of ties to the UK, and like you all said - didn't need any of it!

Before I even handed the guy my passport he asked me why I'm visiting - I said to see my Fiance (I was worried that word might ring alarm bells) but he just said nothing after that, took my finger prints and stamped my passport! As easy as that - was very happy as I missed my 10am flight, had to wait at LHR for 6 hours for the next one...whew what a day!

I also have yet to receive my Packet 4 (queen of blades) but our status was only updated on 12th Aug, so may take a few more days.

Good to know, thanks for posting this - i'm flying to the U.S. tomorrow with my kids, for three weeks (initially). Also waiting for packet 4 & interview date, our status was only updated with medical and packet 3 forms (I assume) yesterday.

I have found Newark to be very friendly in the past, I usually fly to that airport when going to New York. Fingers crossed Houston are the same tomorrow.

I had to plan from the UK too. Crazy circumstances. I had returned from a mandatory hurricane evacuation of my coastal town. Everything was shut down. No lights, no phones, no gasoline, no stores, food spoiling in fridge, trees down, water leaking into fiance's soon to be closet, fence blown down, part of the chimney two doors down. Six million without power all the way to Houston and beyond. As the town was slowly limping back, I managed to talk to fiancé who had broken his collar bone and some ribs. He had procrastinated and not packed and the movers were picking up his boxes in 2 days. I caught a plane that afternoon to go help him and drive him back to the doctor. So I just stayed two weeks until his planned departure so I could handle the six bags we had between us. He was in a sling and in a lot of pain. I of course had procrastinated the wedding plans thinking I still had a month and not anticipating a hurricane evacuation or fiance injuries. Somehow I made many arrangements from the UK and we married the 5th day we arrived back in the US. He took off his sling for the wedding tongue.png. Our fifth anniversary is in October and we have yet to have a decent celebration on any of them. Maybe I should book a fancy trip for it right now and hope something doesn't get in the way. We are so happy, it doesn't matter if we celebrate a date really. Every day is awesome.

Your story really touched me. Especially 'We are so happy, it doesn't matter if we celebrate a date really. Every day is awesome.'

Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I have ended up 4000 miles away from everything I've ever known to be with the man I love. I never thought it would happen to me and I would get married at the age of 50! We had a little celebration for being married a month on Monday and he e-mailed me the next day to say 'As we enter this second month as husband and wife, I am more happy that I married you than when I actually married you last month.'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tell your fiance than. you for that review it was very thorough! I'm so pleased you guys got your interview and that it went well! I think I'll.be rereading your review a couple of times before my actual interview lol. Can I ask what u.both do for a living or is that too nosy? Xx

I will let him know - he will be happy it was helpful to at least one person :)

oh it's not nosy at all :) I don't know what the woman meant that our life is exciting lol...he's a primary school (elementary) teacher..he's such a great teacher too - and so good with the kids. We have all these letters from their parents and the kids themselves saying how much he has helped them or changed them, etc. :) My job is much less impactful on society lol - I run a very small group of 4 in an inhouse creative services dept of a financial services firm. My group buys and negotiates the printing and then chooses papers,approves color and inks at the printer, etc. We also do lots of campaigns where we have to find innovative ways to package and print stuff..I love it - despite demanding deadlines, there's always something different to learn from :)

what do you guys do? :)

I will let him know - he will be happy it was helpful to at least one person :)

oh it's not nosy at all :) I don't know what the woman meant that our life is exciting lol...he's a primary school (elementary) teacher..he's such a great teacher too - and so good with the kids. We have all these letters from their parents and the kids themselves saying how much he has helped them or changed them, etc. :) My job is much less impactful on society lol - I run a very small group of 4 in an inhouse creative services dept of a financial services firm. My group buys and negotiates the printing and then chooses papers,approves color and inks at the printer, etc. We also do lots of campaigns where we have to find innovative ways to package and print stuff..I love it - despite demanding deadlines, there's always something different to learn from :)

what do you guys do? :)

Oh wow those are two very different jobs and two very unique jobs. I don't think I'd be any good at either of them lol. You are sure going to have some smart kids though with diverse talents!

Steve works as a finance analyst for a German chemical company ( still not really sure what that means he does exactly lol) he makes a lot of spreadsheets when we are discussing our finances or budgets so I have a feeling he must make a lot of those during the day . He just accepted a promotion in MI actually so we'll be both starting a new life together somewhere new for both of us!!

I work for an airline managing frequent flyer accounts, or should I say i DID work for an airline. I handed in my notice last week I'll be leaving first week of September :D it definitely came in useful with the flying perks but I dont think I'm.going to miss the industry much lol

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

thanks for the link nich-nick ..we do need to start reading up on all that :)

loved yur story too :) so glad you are so happy! did i miss the part where you said how your fiance broke his ribs? ouch! I bruised my ribs playing soccer once and that was painful enough!

Your story really touched me. Especially 'We are so happy, it doesn't matter if we celebrate a date really. Every day is awesome.'

Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I have ended up 4000 miles away from everything I've ever known to be with the man I love. I never thought it would happen to me and I would get married at the age of 50! We had a little celebration for being married a month on Monday and he e-mailed me the next day to say 'As we enter this second month as husband and wife, I am more happy that I married you than when I actually married you last month.'

aww so happy for you too AG - that is so sweet :)

I've had those similar feelings (from the other side though with him moving)..my ex b/f moved for me several years back from Mass and I was definitely nervous about having someone else move for me and that was only state to state - but I'm so lucky and thankful that this wonderful man would give up everything to move to be with me but he always says what he's giving up is nothing compared to what he is gaining. :) i would never ask someone else to move for me if I wasn't sure he was the right person. :) I can't wait until this process is way behind us and we are celebrating 5 years and we can offer advice on these boards to return the favor :D

just double checking... the letter (paket 3) my fiance got stated; ds-156k one but the embassy website says duplicate

. So which is correct or just make two just in case?

I would follow the directions of Packet 3 :) But make sure you keep extra copies for when you have your interview

Timeline

My CEAC has updated again today!

Surely this one must be my interview date. And it's too early to call DOS and find out, gaaahhh!

Edited by Laura Clare

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Timeline

My CEAC has updated again today!

Surely this one must be my interview date. And it's too early to call DOS and find out, gaaahhh!

Hope its good news for you :)

I'm still waiting for an updated for them receiving my packet 3

Timeline

Can anyone advise me, on the electronic form DS 156 Question 17 I ticked divorced in the next question it asks for Spouses full name (even if divorced) do I fill this in with my ex husband details?

Anne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.