Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

This makes me smile because of the gazillion posts you made for months worrying about your medical. Looks different when you're on the other side, doesn't it? The interview will be even easier because they don't check your blood pressure or mess with your bits tongue.png

Thanks! :) Yeah, it definitely feels different on the other side. I know, but the interviewer will have an American accent and I always find federal-ish official American people a bit intimidating XD. And I always worry. But I hope to feel the same on the other side of that too soon.

The checking my bits was fine! I've got them out a few times for doctors as I'm a bit of a hypochrondriac so I honestly thought the whole thing was a bit of a laugh XD. We checked out the Embassy last week and I was like D= at all the armed guards. It helped prepare me mentally for 3 weeks today though.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This makes me smile because of the gazillion posts you made for months worrying about your medical. Looks different when you're on the other side, doesn't it? The interview will be even easier because they don't check your blood pressure or mess with your bits tongue.png

It's odd how the sense of peace comes over you. :D I was much more at ease going into the interview even after the hiccup with the medical police report thing...I felt he was super prepared (thanks to yours and other people's help) ..and they only asked him 4 questions - seems odd after all this process, it's 4 simple questions. :D

I asked him to type a review so I could post it which I just did if it will help anyone..he had a really good experience. :) The woman did comment on the quality of his photos not being great and he joked that maybe it was his face and she said "no, quite a handsome face" or something like that.. :D so if anyone had them done a photo booth like he did, just be prepared..but they still took them. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone, first time poster here as I haven't had any issues with my K-1 visa application up until this point (the final hurdle).

My interview is scheduled for this Friday in London (16/07/13). I have all the required documentation, everything sent off to london that should have been and copies ready to go etc. The final step was paying the embassy fee beforehand using the new system (post 26th July) and paying the additional optional courier fee. Payment was processed at the time, two weeks ago at the time of writing (31st July). My account information indicates that the next step is simply to attend the interview.

However I am also required to print off the application confirmation sheet from that website, which as I understand it is required for access to the embassy? Now when I try to access this page I get the following error message :

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."
Now this has been the case for two weeks now, and with my interview date rapidly approaching I'm getting anxious. I have contacted the website contact number on two occasions. To get to speak to an operator was in itself a lengthy process. But they were far from helpful. The first operator said to wait it out and there was nothing else she could do. The second said as much and passed my passport details to his supervisor too but that's it. I've emailed their support address as well as emailing the embassy to try to figure out what I'm to do.
Has any else had any such issue with this new system at all? Should my letter from the embassy with the appointment details be sufficient to gain access? Surely they can confirm that I've paid the fee's etc. it's hardly my fault that the new system isn't functioning properly. Any guidance would be great guys; again with the interview date coming up soon I hope you can appreciate my urgency. I can only think of calling the embassy tomorrow.

Medicals were last Weds, Packet 3 forms were mailed Thurs and were signed for (by 'Koko') on Friday. The medical results were sent over Monday and today the Case Status on the CEAC site was updated to todays date. Would that have been the Embassy logging the medicals and received forms? Thought it took longer? Called DOS but they said they could only see that packet 3 had been sent out, nothing else. Any thoughts?

Medicals were last Weds, Packet 3 forms were mailed Thurs and were signed for (by 'Koko') on Friday. The medical results were sent over Monday and today the Case Status on the CEAC site was updated to todays date. Would that have been the Embassy logging the medicals and received forms? Thought it took longer? Called DOS but they said they could only see that packet 3 had been sent out, nothing else. Any thoughts?

They can log things that quickly (they did for us), just depends how busy they are and who's doing what jobs that day, I imagine.

Wouldn't worry yet. Give it a few a couple more days. A lot of people don't hear about their interview date until ~3 weeks after all the papers & medical get back to the embassy. If you put a travel/wedding date or anything on the cover letter with the DS-2001, they generally try and have an interview date back to you in time to meet those stated plans.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

However I am also required to print off the application confirmation sheet from that website, which as I understand it is required for access to the embassy?

Has any else had any such issue with this new system at all? Should my letter from the embassy with the appointment details be sufficient to gain access? Surely they can confirm that I've paid the fee's etc. it's hardly my fault that the new system isn't functioning properly. Any guidance would be great guys; again with the interview date coming up soon I hope you can appreciate my urgency. I can only think of calling the embassy tomorrow.

Your appointment letter will get you on the door. And even without that, the guard outside has your name on a list. I'm not familiar enough with the new system to even be aware that is says printing the appointment confirmation is required. That sounds like maybe something for Non-immigrants who pick their own appointment??? anybody else do this step?

As far as looking up to see if you have paid? I wouldn't count on it. They are kind of a mess right now and have contracted out this web thing and may not be able to log in. That you will have to ask of the embassy. Do you mean you didn't get confirmation immediately and are supposed to go back into the system later to print a payment receipt? Maybe they needed to contract with Amazon or eBay to take payments...hahaha

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

What is 14. National Identification Number ?

That's N/A for us. We don't have a National ID number.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

That's N/A for us. We don't have a National ID number.

He is a student living in the U.K. with Visa. He is from Morocco so I guess leave that blank and we did put his passport number...

Do we put N/A on what does not apply or leaving it blank is okay and it won't affect the populated barcode?

I also noticed the country is not UK it's listed as Great Britain for his local address in UK. for state/providence should we put UK?

26. How Long Do You Intend To Stay in The U.S.?

27. What is The Purpose of Your Trip?

28. Who Will Pay For Your Trip?

2. Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? Yes No

(If YES, give the name and complete address of U.S. employer.)

Since we are planning on doing the Adjustment of Status for him to stay here permanently not sure what we would put here and also the working part b/c eventually he would work here in the U.S. He plans on paying for his ticket I hope that is not an issue even though we share expenses sometimes and I would help him with some of it.

Thanks

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

What is 14. National Identification Number ?

May I give you a suggestion? Up in the menu area at the top of each page ---on the right just below the black bar it says "Advanced Search"

Click Advanced Search

There are blanks to fill in and things to choose,

Find Words -- type National Identification number

Scroll down

Find in Forum--- it's a drop down. Scroll down way downto find United Kingdom

Display results --tick the circle that says "As Posts"

Search Now (that is a blue button)

You will find 25 times that question has been answered in the UK forum

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

He is a student living in the U.K. with Visa. He is from Morocco so I guess leave that blank and we put his passport number...

Do we put N/A on what does not apply or leaving it blank is okay and it won't affect the populated barcode?

I also noticed the country is not UK it's listed as Great Britain for his local address in UK. for state/providence should we put UK?

smile.png Thanks

IIRC you want to put N/A on anything that doesn't apply rather than leaving stuff blank.

And yes, if UK isn't on there then look for Great Britain. As for State/Province I'm not 100% sure, I'd do as Nich says and search for it first personally.

Edited by Ryan&Amy

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

May I give you a suggestion? Up in the menu area at the top of each page ---on the right just below the black bar it says "Advanced Search"

Click Advanced Search

There are blanks to fill in and things to choose,

Find Words -- type National Identification number

Scroll down

Find in Forum--- it's a drop down. Scroll down way downto find United Kingdom

Display results --tick the circle that says "As Posts"

Search Now (that is a blue button)

You will find 25 times that question has been answered in the UK forum

Thanks I will try this

Thanks I will try this

In fact, look at Page 1, Post 14. Nich's answered most of the questions you're querying there.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

In fact, look at Page 1, Post 14. Nich's answered most of the questions you're querying there.

Thanks this helped a lot! :) I'm a little stuck on the Nat. Id # but I asked the North African Forum to see if he would have one for his country...

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.