Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I live quite far up north, and my packet 3 arrived next day after issue.

When was yours issued?

I guess were the unlucky ones... I keep checking the status on https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ website

Timeline

I live quite far up north, and my packet 3 arrived next day after issue.

oh wow-- that really makes me think it wasn't mailed that day. I would ask if we should try contacting them but I did just check again with DOS and they said maybe there's a packet of mail that didn't go out or something.

DOS also confirmed today that they updated something with our case yesterday but can't tell if that was Packet 3 forms, the medical results or both.

I live in the Midlands sad.png

How you know they mailed it on Friday?

I thought waiting for it to be approved would kill me but now waiting for the letter to come is killing me... I really wanted to go and see my fiance but we thought it be best to stay just in case..

The last status update before yesterday was 7/26 and DOS confirmed it. Have you called to ask them for a status yet - 202-663-1225, hit 1 then 0. They are very nice and hardly any wait.

Timeline

oh wow-- that really makes me think it wasn't mailed that day. I would ask if we should try contacting them but I did just check again with DOS and they said maybe there's a packet of mail that didn't go out or something.

DOS also confirmed today that they updated something with our case yesterday but can't tell if that was Packet 3 forms, the medical results or both.

The last status update before yesterday was 7/26 and DOS confirmed it. Have you called to ask them for a status yet - 202-663-1225, hit 1 then 0. They are very nice and hardly any wait.

I guess I should call them... I hope they don't take forever to answer... calling o skype could cost :( but I hope I get a clear answer.

Thank you

I guess I should call them... I hope they don't take forever to answer... calling o skype could cost sad.png but I hope I get a clear answer.

Thank you

When I've phoned, they answer straight away (unlike NVC) and are very helpful. It cost me pennies on Skype.

Timeline

When I've phoned, they answer straight away (unlike NVC) and are very helpful. It cost me pennies on Skype.

Just getting credits on my skype... unsure to get the us monthly or just put 10pounds on it ... Im worried there going to say something to make me cry :(

Just getting credits on my skype... unsure to get the us monthly or just put 10pounds on it ... Im worried there going to say something to make me cry sad.png

I just used to put $10 on at a time but I also had auto-pay when it dipped below $10 so I never got cut off mid call.

Having been exactly where you are now (it took me 11 months from submitting our I-129F to entering the US), I understand your concern about phoning. But I have always thought it is better to know something and then deal with it than not know.

Timeline

I just used to put $10 on at a time but I also had auto-pay when it dipped below $10 so I never got cut off mid call.

Having been exactly where you are now (it took me 11 months from submitting our I-129F to entering the US), I understand your concern about phoning. But I have always thought it is better to know something and then deal with it than not know.

The person told me to call the UK embassy :(

Im going crazy here :(

Whats the uk number now

No letter yet for us either..I don't get it. Are you far from London? My fiance lives not too far away from Cardiff and it's a few hours from London but they supposedly mailed it last Friday...that's a long time. sad.png Starting to think it was lost...but maybe since you and kiwi haven't received it yet either, maybe they updated the system to mail and they sat for a few days unmailed.

Nothing here again today. I live in central London btw, 3 miles from the US Embassy. The last date logged on CEAC is still 30 July, that was when my fiance called DOS and they told him packet 3 was in the hands of Royal Mail.

We will be doing our medicals tomorrow, as booked two weeks ago when we got our Case number, that can't be changed now. I'm also going to send all my completed forms in next Monday whether I get packet 3 or not.

After that we're flying to the US to wait out for the interview date there, I've got to get my kids into the start of the school year there so we'll go temporarily and come back when the interview is scheduled. I know getting in is a risk but I have plenty to prove we've got to come back, aside from an unfinished K-1 process which I'm not about to abandon, I have to finish selling my house for a start. All this USCIS transfer BS and the incredibly sluggish London Embassy is costing us an extra £3k in airfares for the double trip now but we can't sit here and wait for things to happen any more.

GL to all of us still waiting....

Edited by Kiwinyc

Timeline

Nothing here again today. I live in central London btw, 3 miles from the US Embassy. The last date logged on CEAC is still 30 July, that was when my fiance called DOS and they told him packet 3 was in the hands of Royal Mail.

We will be doing our medicals tomorrow, as booked two weeks ago when we got our Case number, that can't be changed now. I'm also going to send all my completed forms in next Monday whether I get packet 3 or not.

After that we're flying to the US to wait out for the interview date there, I've got to get my kids into the start of the school year there so we'll go temporarily and come back when the intervew is scheduled. I know getting in is a risk but I have plenty to prove we've got to come back, aside from an unfinished K-1 process which I'm not about to abandon, I have to finish selling my house for a start. All this USCIS transfer BS and the incredibly sluggish London Embassy is costing us an extra £3k in airfares for the double trip now but we can't sit here and wait for things to happen any more.

When you guys call DOS (202-663-1225) what do you say cause the lady on the phone said to call the UK embassy.. I felt like crying

The person told me to call the UK embassy sad.png

Im going crazy here sad.png

Whats the uk number now

Maybe they're a bit p!ssed with the extra phone calls from the UK - it seems that the London Embassy are going through some glitches at the moment.

020-3608-6998 is the U.S. Visa Information and Appointment Services

020 7499-9000 is the Embassy switchboard

Be prepared to be passed around the Embassy.

Edited by Anna Grant

Timeline

Maybe they're a bit p!ssed with the extra phone calls from the UK - it seems that the London Embassy are going through some glitches at the moment.

020-3608-6998 is the U.S. Visa Information and Appointment Services

020 7499-9000 is the Embassy switchboard

Be prepared to be passed around the Embassy.

Thank you so much... I just need some answers

When you guys call DOS (202-663-1225) what do you say cause the lady on the phone said to call the UK embassy.. I felt like crying

What I normally said was 'I see on the CEAC site that there was an update to our file on 30 July (for example). Please can you tell me what that update was about?'

Timeline

What I normally said was 'I see on the CEAC site that there was an update to our file on 30 July (for example). Please can you tell me what that update was about?'

I said that and the lady just brushed me off :(

After that we're flying to the US to wait out for the interview date there, I've got to get my kids into the start of the school year there so we'll go temporarily and come back when the interview is scheduled. I know getting in is a risk but I have plenty to prove we've got to come back, aside from an unfinished K-1 process which I'm not about to abandon, I have to finish selling my house for a start. All this USCIS transfer BS and the incredibly sluggish London Embassy is costing us an extra £3k in airfares for the double trip now but we can't sit here and wait for things to happen any more.

If you know that 'packet 3' letter has been sent to you, then you are safe to send in the forms. All the 'packet 3' letter tells you is to go to this page - http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

The most recent 'packet 3' letter posted on here is Dan's post here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page-2 - post 18.

Does anyone have a more recent letter that they can scan (removing the personal details) and post to help people going through the current situation. I can scan mine but it is 2 months old and looks the same as Dan's.

Perhaps you just had an unhelpful lady. I spoke to a young American chap named Bryan, and he volunteered the info saying "Oh I can see they sent out your Packet 3 on 24th July, so you sent the forms responding to Packet 3?".

Might be worth trying DOS again.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.