bunnarith

How document and evidence are needed for AOS, EAD and AP?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello VJ member, I entered the state by using K1 visa and I got married with my lovely fiancee a week ago. I just wanna know what documents i need to file for AOS, EAD and AP? What kind of evidence i should collect from now on?

I heard people say they need: House lease receipt, Family phone plan, Joint bank account, photo, marriage certificate.....

Do u think it is enough? Let me know if any other documents that could make it more stronger support for AOS.....

Thanks you :) :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not a K-1 topic or question moved to AOS section.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This should help: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

For the application, you just send the required forms and additional support documents listed. You might want to send a couple wedding pictures, but you save the real evidence for a potential interview request.

Should you have an interview, you will need to prove you are in a legitimate bona fide marriage. That means anything that proves co-mingling. Lease agreement or mortgage with both your names, photos of the wedding, pictures of the 2 of you since the wedding, tickets or receipts if you've been taking trips together, joint bank account statements, same address on driver's license, both your names on health/car insurance, bills in your name, letter from employer saying you are on your spouse's 401k and emergency contact list, letters from friends, any kind of cards from friends you might have received at your new address, etc.

You keep all those for the interview. If you do get one that is. Your relationship has been proven at the K-1 stage so you shouldn't have any problems really.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.