UK_Fan

nat geo

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

from that special.. the second guy that was coming to Russia to meet up with the girl that the agency picked out for him, he said himself that he hasn't talked to her directly, only through the main woman who runs the agency.

And what? had you ever talked to your husband before you met him? You are really being silly now. Are you against blind dates? Are you against friends "fixing up" their friends with dates? An agaency arranged a MEETING of two people,adults, both interested in marriage and with similar interests according to profiles they submitted. what is the problem?

They will meet and then the will talk and then they will communicate and then they moght get married sometime in the future. Just like the rest of us did. I never talked to Alla before I talked to her, then I talked to her, carried her bags, she asked me out for coffee, I asked her out for dinner after the coffee...so what? I asked her to marry me four months later after lots more visits and lots more communication. How does it matter HOW WE MET and talked the first time?

I still do not get what you are talking about, there are no mail order brides, no one picks wives for you, no one sells women.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

actually i said it went both ways, but you hear more about men being done wrong, then women.

Actually, I read plenty of both around here.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

gary, i never said that there should be a ban on this whole mail-order business, but to ME, it's demoralizing.. like i said, i'm telling you one thing, and you're talking about another lol

the IS NO mail order business, it was banned LONG ago.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And what? had you ever talked to your husband before you met him? You are really being silly now. Are you against blind dates? Are you against friends "fixing up" their friends with dates? An agaency arranged a MEETING of two people,adults, both interested in marriage and with similar interests according to profiles they submitted. what is the problem?

They will meet and then the will talk and then they will communicate and then they moght get married sometime in the future. Just like the rest of us did. I never talked to Alla before I talked to her, then I talked to her, carried her bags, she asked me out for coffee, I asked her out for dinner after the coffee...so what? I asked her to marry me four months later after lots more visits and lots more communication. How does it matter HOW WE MET and talked the first time?

I still do not get what you are talking about, there are no mail order brides, no one picks wives for you, no one sells women.

one last time, i'm telling you, because proving a point to you is like talking to a wall. to me, it is DEMEANING to do that to women, just pick them out of the catalog okay?

the IS NO mail order business, it was banned LONG ago.

not according to that special.. hence the name "e-mail-order bride"

google "mail-order bride".. you mean to tell me noone does it? there are thousands upon thousands of sites.. just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it doesnt exist

event.png

Gary, you can't be as naive as you pretend. You know full well that there are boo-koo bunches of agencies in the FSU that specialize in helping foreigners meet FSU women. Before you get all bent, this happens lots of other places. There are dating services in Ecuador. There are chat cafeterias in the Philippines. These places/services don't exist so the locals can meet the locals. They exist so the locals can meet people from other countries. We can safely assume that these services/places don't exist out of some philanthropic desire of the ownership to bring happiness to their patrons. They exist to make a profit. So, it looks life spouse shopping.

True mail order brides no longer exist because of the meeting requirement of the K1, that is for sure true. The big difference though between foreign women (or men) listing themselves on international dating sites versus US folks on match.com is that a culture is being "sold" as much as a partner. People are persuaded that a foreign partner will make them happy because of the culture or values instilled from another country. IMO that's not good. People are just too different, no matter where they are born. It's just as possible to get a lovely FSU woman as it is a dud.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

one last time, i'm telling you, because proving a point to you is like talking to a wall. to me, it is DEMEANING to do that to women, just pick them out of the catalog okay?

not according to that special.. hence the name "e-mail-order bride"

google "mail-order bride".. you mean to tell me noone does it? there are thousands upon thousands of sites.. just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it doesnt exist

If it's so "demeaning" to women then why are there literally tens of thousands of them on those foreign wife sites? Did someone hold a gun to their head to sign up?

Explain that please to those of us who don't know any better.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Gary, you can't be as naive as you pretend. You know full well that there are boo-koo bunches of agencies in the FSU that specialize in helping foreigners meet FSU women. Before you get all bent, this happens lots of other places. There are dating services in Ecuador. There are chat cafeterias in the Philippines. These places/services don't exist so the locals can meet the locals. They exist so the locals can meet people from other countries. We can safely assume that these services/places don't exist out of some philanthropic desire of the ownership to bring happiness to their patrons. They exist to make a profit. So, it looks life spouse shopping.

True mail order brides no longer exist because of the meeting requirement of the K1, that is for sure true. The big difference though between foreign women (or men) listing themselves on international dating sites versus US folks on match.com is that a culture is being "sold" as much as a partner. People are persuaded that a foreign partner will make them happy because of the culture or values instilled from another country. IMO that's not good. People are just too different, no matter where they are born. It's just as possible to get a lovely FSU woman as it is a dud.

i think he just argues for the sake of it... you tell people grass is green and they jump out of their skin to prove you wrong.

event.png

If it's so "demeaning" to women then why are there literally tens of thousands of them on those foreign wife sites? Did someone hold a gun to their head to sign up?

Whether its the real reason or not, it looks like they want to leave their home country.

i think he just argues for the sake of it... you tell people grass is green and they jump out of their skin to prove you wrong.

And I think your totally full of it. Either you really are only 22 years old and oblivious to life in general, especially in regards to any man marrying a foreign spouse, or your just trolling for whatever reason(s).

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

it's their fault too, apparently they are fine with it, so who's at fault? they see the life they want on tv, a guy from US approaches them and they run to them with open arms so that they would get them out of the hell they're in.

And I think your totally full of it. Either you really are only 22 years old and oblivious to life in general, especially in regards to any man marrying a foreign spouse, or your just trolling for whatever reason(s).

eeehhh wrong answer

if i was trolling, would have went after the fact that you are having trouble spelling "you're".. but i'm not

Edited by Mrs.Brock

event.png

Timeline

I never said agenciesfor meeting people do not exist. I DID say mail order bride businesses do not exist, as you agree, they do not. Just because I can get a google hit does not mean they exist as mail order brides.

THERE ARE NO MAIL ORDER BRIDES I do not care what someone called it on TV, there is no such thing

How am I naive? It is not I that posts over and over that there are such "mail order" services. I do not care how people MEET, that is, how they are introduced, the first time and I do not believe it makes ANY difference in whether they have a good marriage or not. I also do not consider it demeaning to a person who chooses to do that.

Gary And Alla

Whether its the real reason or not, it looks like they want to leave their home country.

That would be my guess also. Adults are allowed to choose what they do in life and who they choose to do it with. Nobody is forcing these gals to make the choices they choose, and I didn't see anyone starving to death in a RUB country. My wife's family has two hectres, a dacha and a decent car. It's not like it's Bangladesh over there or something similar.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Um...she just said you are wrong. Did you catch that?

Gary And Alla

I never said agenciesfor meeting people do not exist. I DID say mail order bride businesses do not exist, as you agree, they do not. Just because I can get a google hit does not mean they exist as mail order brides.

THERE ARE NO MAIL ORDER BRIDES I do not care what someone called it on TV, there is no such thing

How am I naive? It is not I that posts over and over that there are such "mail order" services. I do not care how people MEET, that is, how they are introduced, the first time and I do not believe it makes ANY difference in whether they have a good marriage or not. I also do not consider it demeaning to a person who chooses to do that.

I'm curious as to what's the difference between yahoo singles, match.com and a site like "find a hot RUB wife". The first two sites don't include a visa yet they do include some American chick...I won't go there now, and that last site includes a visa and some RUB chick.

Some people like to hang on this poor little foreign wife with the big bad American man thing and beat it to death nearly as much as I like to mention a lot of American women have the fashion sense of a trailer park regular and the IQ of a peanut. Not all, but some.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.