PD is Current.

April 2012 Visa Bulletin Prediction

1,082 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sudan
Timeline

Please close age out topic bcoz i know 1person who get visa after 23 years 2month 7day and his pd is 3jun09.

It's not about how old you are, it depends on how much time do you have as rebate ( time between PD and case approval ) and then add it to your age, so one can get visa when he is like 25 and another don't get while he is 23 !!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

it's true, I was age out when I came to US. I was 23 so dont worry and let's focus on F2A Prediction again.

I am amazed to see the people out here, they dnt even knw anything abt CSPA and dnt even interested to learn the facts.

Moreover, they speak without knowing anythng

aahh, dnt worry there was a man gt a visa after 23 years ........ lolzz (no matter how it was done but that was done after all, thats it to satisfy urself and fool others with false hope) lolzz ..... :rofl: :rofl:

@ noona

I agree with you. :yes:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am amazed to see the people out here, they dnt even knw anything abt CSPA and dnt even interested to learn the facts.

aahh, dnt worry there was a man gt a visa after 23 years ........ lolzz (no matter how it was done but that was done after all, thats it to satisfy urself and fool others with false hope) lolzz ..... :rofl: :rofl:

@ noona

if you want to know more about CSPA:

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) amended the Immigration Nationality Act (INA) by changing who qualifies as a child for purposes of immigrant. This permits certain beneficiaries (see the glossary for a definition of the term “beneficiary”) to retain classification as a “child,” even if he or she has reached the age of 21.

if you want more here is the link go study!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1f0c0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1f0c0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I know it very well becuz it was my situation.

Timeline

I dont know abt how true that info is what jojo said on that page.

But other link of dhs which i believe upon is completely true and its no where mentioned about this age lock rule on that.

That Mr.wheeler explained the same what i said before.

@ Sachin

you are lucky guy seriously, gt approval after 8 years, i wish my f4 could also took that long time in approval. I was age out by just 6 MONTHS in f4 and now have to wait in fresh petition f2b ..... sucks man. There is no use actually to get a early approval in that way too an applicant have to wait for years ..... anyways you are safe.

sorry to hear this....i can feel ur situation bcaz i was aged out only by 2.5 months...but now i came to usa on f1(f2b).....and now waiting for my wife (f2a)...us immigration system sucks....

and about the topic of cspa...i have definately read somewhere when i was searching for my case when cspa passed somewhere in 2002....it was clearly written there that ur age will get freezed when ur pd becomes current first....i dont know exactly where but may be carl shusterman's site or any oher site...

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

@ noona

Lol.. i agree with you too Puru.. anyway let em handle their stress.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear this....i can feel ur situation bcaz i was aged out only by 2.5 months...but now i came to usa on f1(f2b).....and now waiting for my wife (f2a)...us immigration system sucks....

and about the topic of cspa...i have definately read somewhere when i was searching for my case when cspa passed somewhere in 2002....it was clearly written there that ur age will get freezed when ur pd becomes current first....i dont know exactly where but may be carl shusterman's site or any oher site...

When your petitioning parent is a US Citizen, your age will be locked out.

If your petitioning parent is a GC holder, you need to use the mathematical formula stated on CSPA.

My Journey

Oct 21,1997: Priority Date F2B

May 25,2009: POE LAX

Aug 29,2009: Wedding in PI

F2A for Wife and Daughter

I-130 Track

Feb 04,2010: I-130 Sent

Feb 07,2010: I-130 Received by USCIS

Feb 12,2010: NOA1

Aug 13,2010: Case Touched

Aug 14,2010: Case Touched

Aug 19,2010: Case Touched

Aug 30,2010: Case Approved

Sept 2,2010: NOA2 Received

Sept 15,2010:NVC assigned Case No.

Sept 22,2010:Received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032. Paid AOS fee online.

Oct 05, 2010:Paid IV Fee Bill online.

Oct 25, 2010:Send package IV to NVC

Oct 27, 2010:NVC Received Package IV

Oct 28, 2010:Send AOS to NVC

Nov 01, 2010:NVC received AOS

Nov 22, 2010:Case Complete

Interview Date : July 17,2012. Passed Interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i understand Kiarash ,that's mean .when the PD become current the first ,the age is fzeezed . not the second time .But Purru said

Your pd is 3 Sep 2009.

case approved on 17 Aug 2010. (Took 11 months to get approval)

Therefore, you have 11 months rebate in your case.

Right now ur 23 years 3 months older, suppose your case will get current next month. You will be 23 years and 4 months older by then and if they deduct the time took in approval which is 11 months only.

Your age will become 22 years and 4 months after deduction which is 16 months over 21 age which is prescribed by law. Unfortunately, there is no chance to get an interview call for you and hence you wont get a greencard this time.

Now, you have 2 possibilities:

1. If u are a derivative beneficiary, then you have to wait till the fresh petition filed for you in F2b. In that case you will have to wait for 8-9 years after filing it.

2. If you are beneficiary of this petition, then you will retain this priority date and you category will automatically converted into f2b and you have to wait to get ur pd current, again the wait is too long bcoz 2009 pd will take up to 6 years from now.

If 1st condition applies on you then tell ur one of a parent to apply for u asap, dnt lose a single second bcoz picture is clear that you wont get a greencard this time."

But when my the PD current the first on 1/9/2010,my age had locked" cspa under 21 " .i want to know when the PD become current the second . How is my cspa ?

Edited by hannah1811

Timeline

When your petitioning parent is a US Citizen, your age will be locked out.

If your petitioning parent is a GC holder, you need to use the mathematical formula stated on CSPA.

If the petition (Form I-130) was filed by a permanent resident parent and the parent naturalizes before the beneficiary turns 21, the beneficiary’s age “freezes” on the date the petitioner naturalized.

Yeah, but only when the petitioner gt the citizenship.

In that way, child ans spouse will get current automatically as an Immediate Relative.

If that child crossed his 21 after his parent naturalization, in that case ONLY he can be saved from F2A to F1 transformation and hence he will be consider as an IR regardless of Preference category.

Where did they say that once u gt current (like in 2010 year) and after retrogression age doesnt matter or age gt freezed.

Timeline

@ hannah

do one thing. call nvc to know when will u get the interview appointment.

Their answer will be: once ur pd gt current u will be informed. (It means ur pd is not current right now, please wait. You were current by chance with million people out there in a world who got into this situation or gt current for one month or months but in January 2011 this retro has changed picture.)

For god sake its a new FY and that was 2011, its not like that u were current in 2011 and now u dnt need to gt current again. If anybdy says like this he/she might be fooling you or dnt know much abt it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all, I've watched for this topic for nearly 6 months and this is my first post.

I'm an international student and I come to the US under F1 visa for non-immigration. I've been in the US for 4 years and now I'm waiting to get the GC.

My dad is a GC holder. My pd is 7 Sept 2010, and it was approved on Jan 2011. My birthday is 11 Nov 1990 and I think I'll be aged out in the next month.

My older brother who is the US citizen told our mom that I wouldn't be aged out but I don't know how. I don't think I can ask him because he wants me to focus on studying instead of these stuffs.

I want to get the GC early to get out of this country because I got stuck in here for too long and it makes me feel really boring. I have to stay in the US until my pd becomes current so that I just need to fill in the form I-485 to adjust my status. It's what I heard from my mom, I don't know whether it's true or not.

Timeline

I have 2question (1)greencard holder(lpr) how many days stay in india? My hubby stay with me last 27th september11.(how many days left) (2)which time is best for pregunent lady for traveling?which month not issue ticket by airlines? Thanks.

us come--28oct 2012

dmv permit test-05nov 2012

driving test-13nov2012

license receive-24nov12

debit card receive-25nov12

green card receive-27nov12

Timeline

I have 2question (1)greencard holder(lpr) how many days stay in india? My hubby stay with me last 27th september11.(how many days left) (2)which time is best for pregunent lady for traveling?which month not issue ticket by airlines? Thanks.

Hay rani..first of all a grean card holder cannot live more than 6 months in india. and 2nd answer, after 8 month you will not be allowed to travel.

Edited by ricky80s

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

he can comfortably stay 6 months and his continued residence for the eligibility of form n-400 is still in tact. he could probably travel by March 27th..?

Which time time is best for an airline..? Well it depends anytime is good.. The doctors recommend no travelling in the last 3-5 weeks leading up to the assigned due date. However it is been seen where women in their late trimesters have made it aboard airplanes... some given birth. Many of these woman are visible however being in a rush trained airline employees lack the care to address these issues. Some women have successfully made their pregnancy not visible and were given passes the board. Normally these women should have clearance from their doctors allowing them to travel.

The each airline is different on if/when a ticket would be issued. Destination/Citizenship has a lot to do with it. For example - a woman from Canada who is 7 months pregnant travelling to the USA could be denied boarding while an American or US Resident in Canada travelling to the USA would be allowed to board to go home.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all, I've watched for this topic for nearly 6 months and this is my first post.

I'm an international student and I come to the US under F1 visa for non-immigration. I've been in the US for 4 years and now I'm waiting to get the GC.

My dad is a GC holder. My pd is 7 Sept 2010, and it was approved on Jan 2011. My birthday is 11 Nov 1990 and I think I'll be aged out in the next month.

My older brother who is the US citizen told our mom that I wouldn't be aged out but I don't know how. I don't think I can ask him because he wants me to focus on studying instead of these stuffs.

I want to get the GC early to get out of this country because I got stuck in here for too long and it makes me feel really boring. I have to stay in the US until my pd becomes current so that I just need to fill in the form I-485 to adjust my status. It's what I heard from my mom, I don't know whether it's true or not.

Your mom is right. Keep in order to file the form I-485 and Adjust your Status you MUST be in legal status when the priority date becomes current - No Option. This means you should continue to attend school and keep your F-1 status active. I agree that America can be boring sometimes... After all it's a place where we work work work .. go to school.. and have little time to have fun.. away from work. many would say you work to pay your bills.. or you work and dont have the free time to even spend the money.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.