thedude6752000

Proof for a K1

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the info GandK, but how do you know that they are useless? NOT an aggressive question just looking for info.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Thanks for the info GandK, but how do you know that they are useless? NOT an aggressive question just looking for info.

Because they do not prove that you have travelled. You can just book a flight and have the email itinerary and cancel your booking and you still have the itinerary.

Any evidence that YOU produced yourself is secondary and they carry very little weight because you clearly have an interest/stake in proving your claim of having met each other to fulfill the requirement.

Not to mention, email correspondences, itinerary, photos can easily be produced and faked nowadays.

On the other hand, primary evidences are those issued by third party authority/agency who has no personal interest in your case such as

Passport stamp - issued by the US Custom and Border Protection

Boarding pass - Travel Airline

Credit card statement - Bank

and etc

Those carry more weight because they are hard to fake evidence issued by neutral authority/agency and they clearly verify your presence at a given place and time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

You can include credit card statements highlighting purchases made at your destination, and matching receipts if you have them. This places you in the country by a neutral third party and, from what I understand, qualifies as primary evidence.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Timeline

I do not have any receipts but I do have the statements. Would that be enough?

Edit: The purchases I made were online. Could I verify that these were done in country and then use that?

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

Or could I use documents from the educational institution at which I studied, or the organization which provided the scholarship? Could I get signed affidavits from my teachers or those in charge of the program?

Timeline

I do not have any receipts but I do have the statements. Would that be enough?

Edit: The purchases I made were online. Could I verify that these were done in country and then us that?

I don't know how you would prove that you made online credit card purchases from any specific location... I was thinking along the lines of stuff that you paid for with a credit card in local restaurants, shops etc. I did that since I didn't have passport stamps (EU citizens usually don't get them while traveling within the EU - my fiance and I only met in "third countries"- not his nor mine, before we filed.) But I also had boarding passes and lodging receipts so I don't know...

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Timeline

Or could I use documents from the educational institution at which I studied, or the organization which provided the scholarship? Could I get signed affidavits from my teachers or those in charge of the program?

All of that would probably help, hard to say what the USCIS would consider being "enough". I guess you need to put everything together, and try to look at your evidence from an outsider's perspective and decide if you think it would be convincing for someone with no emotional stake in the situation.

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Basically, you can print out those intineraries without actually taking the trip.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I don't know how you would prove that you made online credit card purchases from any specific location... I was thinking along the lines of stuff that you paid for with a credit card in local restaurants, shops etc. I did that since I didn't have passport stamps (EU citizens usually don't get them while traveling within the EU - my fiance and I only met in "third countries"- not his nor mine, before we filed.) But I also had boarding passes and lodging receipts so I don't know...

Problem was the program gave us cash so I only used the card to buy tickets online......It raised a red flag at the credit card company, though, because they called me to make sure that my credit card info was not being used to make purchases by someone in India.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Best evidence is:

Passport stamps

Boarding passes (proof that you boarded and took those flights)

Retail Receipts or ATM/bank receipts showing you were at a specific location where your fiance/ee is/was.

- you may be able to get a copy of your flight history from the relevant airline which may be some help.

Photos together at significant locations (e.g. Taj Mahal) to support the primary evidence.

I agree you need to put all your proof together and try to get copies of anything else.

I don't know what happens about the passport stamps but this information must also be in the US Immigration system - whether it is possible to list dates and have these verified I don't know either, but may be worth checking.

Otherwise your only option is to make another trip.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It seems a little odd that you made a trip to India but have very little evidence. :whistle:

If you dont have the passport stamps, I agree with previous posts. Retail credit , debit card purchases, putting you in the same place same time etc.

It may be just easier to make another short trip or any RFE would cause you delays anyway.

I-129F Sent 16/05/11

I-129F NOA1 18/05/11

I-129F NOA2 23/09/11

NVC RECEIVED 12/10/11

NVC LEFT 13/10/11

CONSULATE RECEIVED 18/10/11

PACKET 3 RECEIVED 21/10/11

PACKET 3 SENT 21/10/11

MEDICAL 26/10/11

INTERVIEW 12/12/11 APPROVED!!!!

VISA RECEIVED 23/12/11

US ENTRY 31/01/12 POE PHL

MARRIAGE 11/02/12

I-485 SENT 13/03/12

I-765 SENT 13/03/12

I-131 SENT 13/03/12

BOIMETRICS APPT. 06/04/12

Or file your petition now but expect RFE for evidence in 4-5 months. In the mean time, visit India and this time keep all the evidence, so you have it ready to send when the RFE comes.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have to admit that after reading this post it appears that you are a little Ill prepared to file at this point. Especially since the beneficiary will interview at a particularly difficult consulate, however that isn't the problem at this point.

What evidence do you have that you and your fiancé have met IN PERSON in the past two years?

Primary evidence is critical here. What do you have that proves your were with her in her country or she was with you in this country? You may consider making a trip now and gathering a solid amount of primary and secondary evidence. From what I understand getting a K-1 approved in India takes a strong petition. It may seem like additional cost and time now but it may work to your favor in the end.

Do hope you find your passport.

Good luck!

Timeline

I have to admit that after reading this post it appears that you are a little Ill prepared to file at this point. Especially since the beneficiary will interview at a particularly difficult consulate, however that isn't the problem at this point.

What evidence do you have that you and your fiancé have met IN PERSON in the past two years?

Primary evidence is critical here. What do you have that proves your were with her in her country or she was with you in this country? You may consider making a trip now and gathering a solid amount of primary and secondary evidence. From what I understand getting a K-1 approved in India takes a strong petition. It may seem like additional cost and time now but it may work to your favor in the end.

Do hope you find your passport.

Good luck!

I have photos of us together, 2 letters she wrote me while I was there, photos of me in India (standing in front of the Taj Mahal and an airport sign in Mumbai in particular) and mountains of physical and digital evidence that I completed a 3-month intensive language program there (including this http://clscholarship.org/search.htm click Urdu and 2011).

Timeline

Also I have a credit card statement with a purchase of $114 dollars in Gurgaon, Delhi India. Would that be enough?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.