AugHem

Police Certificate

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You mean:

1) PCC must show past 6 months of clean records.

2) PCC must be valid for 6 months from the day it was given?

So i can get PCC now then, if my interview is within next 6 months?

I did not understand your question completely but,PCC should be valid for 6 months from date it was issued means the Consulate would believe you did not commit a major crime in that 6 months and there are no case pending against you in India.

So as long as you do your interview between the date it was issued and the six months from then, you should be good.

Timeline

You mean:

1) PCC must show past 6 months of clean records.

2) PCC must be valid for 6 months from the day it was given?

So i can get PCC now then, if my interview is within next 6 months?

PCC will show, you have clean record from the day you turned adult, there are no current cases pending against you and you are free to travel out of India.

PCC would be good for 6 months from the date it was issued, which means the NVC would assume that you have no criminal record nor a new reocord was added from the date the PCC was issued and you submitted them to NVC.

For Mumbai both Police and Passport office wanted to see interview letter, you can try and get them earlier if you can. Even for Mumbai you can give a shot you know how these things are in India depending on who is sitting at the window.

Just make sure they have everything correctly on the letter, on my letter police had done major screw up instead of putting my current passport number they had put number from an expired passport.

If you need any help in regards to PCC feel free to message me, I know for India its frustrating to get PCC with no proper information.

Just FYI I did mine when I got my interview letter and I got the PCC from Police in 4 weeks, but my passport did a little longer(6 weeks), if your passport is issued by same office then it should be faster.

Timeline

When you guys talk about PCC.

1) What is it EXACTLY that US Embassy wants?

PCC : Police Clearance Certificate?

or

PCC: Passport Clearance Certificate?

2) What does it say in the letter from US Embassy?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.