Waves

January I-129F filers

5,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

can I be honest with you? I don't think any of them managed to expedite any of those cases... they were simply already with the adjudicator and they were approved within the next few days... if expediting was possible they would all be approved within the same time frame after senator contacted USCIS... then when USCIS tells the senator that the case is approved, he sends a letter that it's approved and he is closing the case... I really believe that now. I doubt they have any power at all, they just want to look helpful since it's the election time soon ;)

Sabi. You're 100% correct. I think even if the Senator or Congressman thinks they expedited it...It might not have actually happened. I think it was just convenient timing and maybe in a few cases it got some of the petitions looked at..But in terms of a formal expedite..It couldn't have been possible (not for ONPT at least) That 1/16 date is a barrier to achieving something like that....oh well 7 months is the new 6 months...not cool at all. But there's nothing we can do now...just hope things at least continue at a reasonable rate for adjudications....

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

All those with approvals, please distract me with an update on your situation :)

Okay guys, well I booked my flight to New Orleans yesterday! I'm giving myself 4 weeks to be completely ready - i figure it takes up to 10 days to actually get the passport back from London embassy + i'm actually still working since i had had pretty short notice for interview + there are so many friends and family I want to see before I go + plus I have tickets to the Olympics closing ceremony!!! So 28th August i fly out, POE will be Atlanta (with a 4 hour, plenty of time), and we've booked our officiant for a small ceremony in Aududon Park for sept 15th (looking over the lake, exactly where we got engaged (L) . It's amazing how quickly things have gone since June 14th when we got NOA2. I tell Andrew everyday how lucky we've been, and although he has never even looked at this site, he knows all about the january gang & my other friends on here and asks for updates! He also sent me the most stunning bunch of roses and lilies to my work today to say congratulations for getting through the interview, and i really feel like like the luckiest girl in the world right now :luv: Sorry, i'll stop being soppy now.... hey, it would be worse if i didn't appreciate my luck and still tried to complain when i've clearly had it pretty easy compared to others, right?!!

Congrats to all the recent approvals, i cant wait to read more interview experiences and see how they differ between consulates!

Edited by kittylondon

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

No updates for the 2 "Honduran" ladies in here...haha, we are locals now! Anyway, we had some crazy news yesterday since Kate's other half went to see the consultant that I talked to last week and he got TOTALLY different answers than I did...so we don't know what the hell is going on. We might be screwed into paying her now...it's a complicated, insane situation all b/c we were trying to connect with someone who has an "in" at the Embassy here and could at least get a response from them since they haven't responded to our emails or phone calls from a month ago....but I have feeling we are just out of luck and will be waiting until October for interviews. It would have been September but since our stuff all sat at CSC for a month, we now have another month wait added on to the 2 months that this country always takes just to schedule. So that will be almost as long as the wait from NOA1 to NOA2. Joy to the freakin' world. :bonk:

That's cute - 2 "Honduran" ladies haha

I'm sorry to hear about all that. That's just crazy. I would be so mad. I just don't understand how they can't answer your calls and emails. I hope you ladies get it sorted out soon. Take care and let us know if anything changes

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Timeline

Okay guys, well I booked my flight to New Orleans yesterday! I'm giving myself 4 weeks to be completely ready - i figure it takes up to 10 days to actually get the passport back from London embassy + i'm actually still working since i had had pretty short notice for interview + there are so many friends and family I want to see before I go + plus I have tickets to the Olympics closing ceremony!!! So 28th August i fly out, POE will be Atlanta (with a 4 hour, plenty of time), and we've booked our officiant for a small ceremony in Aududon Park for sept 15th (looking over the lake, exactly where we got engaged (L) . It's amazing how quickly things have gone since June 14th when we got NOA2. I tell Andrew everyday how lucky we've been, and although he has never even looked at this site, he knows all about the january gang & my other friends on here and asks for updates! He also sent me the most stunning bunch of roses and lilies to my work today to say congratulations for getting through the interview, and i really feel like like the luckiest girl in the world right now :luv: Sorry, i'll stop being soppy now.... hey, it would be worse if i didn't appreciate my luck and still tried to complain when i've clearly had it pretty easy compared to others, right?!!

Congrats to all the recent approvals, i cant wait to read more interview experiences and see how they differ between consulates!

That is the best! All those great things happening for you! That is so awesome about getting tickets to the closing ceremony, getting married where you got engaged and getting flowers is so sweet :D Glad everything is working out for you.

Timeline

Maybe some approvals this evening to balance out the high number of RFEs today :thumbs:

Every text message I get from now until about 8 or 9 drives me crazy..

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

can I be honest with you? I don't think any of them managed to expedite any of those cases... they were simply already with the adjudicator and they were approved within the next few days... if expediting was possible they would all be approved within the same time frame after senator contacted USCIS... then when USCIS tells the senator that the case is approved, he sends a letter that it's approved and he is closing the case... I really believe that now. I doubt they have any power at all, they just want to look helpful since it's the election time soon ;)

Sabi. You're 100% correct. I think even if the Senator or Congressman thinks they expedited it...It might not have actually happened. I think it was just convenient timing and maybe in a few cases it got some of the petitions looked at..But in terms of a formal expedite..It couldn't have been possible (not for ONPT at least) That 1/16 date is a barrier to achieving something like that....oh well 7 months is the new 6 months...not cool at all. But there's nothing we can do now...just hope things at least continue at a reasonable rate for adjudications....

I agree with you both. When I got to make that request for being ONPT, I had very little hope of it actually doing anything (and obviously it hasn't). I think it was all just mental for me that I felt like I was able to do something, anything. I think Paul is right and that it may have helped in a few cases, but not the masses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anyone know the name of this letter? It comes from the NVC, supposedly after you get NOA2. It is mailed to the Petitioner. It has your case number and some bar codes. I have been trying to call the NVC and ask if they can send me a PDF copy to my email. My fiancee needs this letter to start police certificate.

But they say I am not supposed to get this letter or don't know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

It reads:

<BAR CODE TOP RIGHT OF LETTER>

June 29, 2012

FULL NAME AND ADDRESS

OF PETITIONER

Dear Petitioner:

The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition

filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be

forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place. The U.S.

Embassy/Consulate General will contact your fiance when ready to begin processing his/her application.

Our records show that you filed the I-129F petition for:

Name of Fiance: Susan Smith

INS Receipt Number: EAC555555555

<BAR CODE>

Case Number: BNK5555555555

The case will be processed at:

FULL ADDRESS OF THE US. EMBASSY

IN Fiancee's Country

Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions from the consular section on how to apply

for the K1 visa at that post and what documents will be required. In the meantime, you should visit the

Department of State's website at www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_ 4323.html to determine

if the processing post has any information of which you should be immediately aware.

Sincerely,

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Edited by O&M

1/20/2012 - NOA1

7/20/2012 - NOA2 @ 6:50PM EST + 182 Days

7/27/2012 - NVC sent to Embassy

7/30/2013 - NVC Called (603) 334-0700 - Case number received & date sent to embassy received.

7/30/2012 - DHL Waybill Located - Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

---------------- DHL Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG

7/31/2012 - DHL Delivered US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS to Thailand

Timeline

I agree with you both. When I got to make that request for being ONPT, I had very little hope of it actually doing anything (and obviously it hasn't). I think it was all just mental for me that I felt like I was able to do something, anything. I think Paul is right and that it may have helped in a few cases, but not the masses.

My attorney's office said that they got up the chain of command when they called and were told that Monday (August 6th) it is expected that the current processing date will be updated. so hopefully, finally, on this day either the rest of us have already been approved..or...we have the ability to actually expedite our cases. We'll see what happens...Advancing the processing date about a week would help a lot of us still waiting. It's that void in the middle of the month that continues to struggle. I am going to save my Senator until this occurs because I don't think it would be worth it to cash those chips in yet...I'd rather that date be changed before I try anything else now...And it would be nice to hear what the Congressman's office receives in response. Still not sure why it would take so long for them to hear something.

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Every text message I get from now until about 8 or 9 drives me crazy..

tell me about it! the same with emails... I have 4 different accounts on my iPhone and I keep getting all those spams and other emails I subscribed for and every sound makes my heart jump...

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Anyone know the name of this letter? It comes from the NVC, supposedly after you get NOA2. It is mailed to the Petitioner. It has your case number and some bar codes. I have been trying to call the NVC and ask if they can send me a PDF copy to my email. My fiancee needs this letter to start police certificate.

But they say I am not supposed to get this letter or don't know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

I have received it too. Actually, everyone receives it, once their case processed in NVC. I don't know why they are telling you that you are not supposed to get this!!! Anyhow, why do you need a PDF version?! Can't you just simply scan it and email it to her?

Edited by soheil

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Timeline

tell me about it! the same with emails... I have 4 different accounts on my iPhone and I keep getting all those spams and other emails I subscribed for and every sound makes my heart jump...

Yes. haha. I need another vacation to get my mind of this NOA2...I honestly didn't think about it for 2 weeks when I was in Dominican. It was a great feeling...now it's the bane of my existence...Seems like today was a RFE kind of day...Better luck tomorrow I guess. :thumbs:. I would be surprised if I heard anything tonight. I think it's safe to say beyond the sticky threads we are one of the biggest if not the Biggest thread to ever grace these forums. ha.

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes. haha. I need another vacation to get my mind of this NOA2...I honestly didn't think about it for 2 weeks when I was in Dominican. It was a great feeling...now it's the bane of my existence...Seems like today was a RFE kind of day...Better luck tomorrow I guess. :thumbs:. I would be surprised if I heard anything tonight.

I said tonight!

N-400

03/28/2016 - N-400 sent
04/07/2016 - NOA1
05/03/2016 - Biometrics done

XX/XX/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
XX/XX/2016 - Interview date.

-------

K1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Moscow, Russia
I-129F Sent : 2012-03-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-09-20
RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-26
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-16
NVC Received : 2012-10-23
NVC Left : 2012-10-25
Consulate Received : 2012-10-29
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2012-11-20 Submit Review
Interview Result : Approved

Timeline

I said tonight!

I'm hoping man. If I get it tonight. you will officially be my hero! :)

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm hoping man. If I get it tonight. you will officially be my hero! :)

Man i hope you get it. I think i gotta stop reading VJ for a while. I get frustrated and mad every time i see yalls posts. Specially every time i see someone from CSC celebrating ( not mad at them, but mad at VSC)

I think the more i read and think about it the more depressed i get! :bonk: :bonk:

N-400

03/28/2016 - N-400 sent
04/07/2016 - NOA1
05/03/2016 - Biometrics done

XX/XX/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
XX/XX/2016 - Interview date.

-------

K1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Moscow, Russia
I-129F Sent : 2012-03-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-09-20
RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-26
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-16
NVC Received : 2012-10-23
NVC Left : 2012-10-25
Consulate Received : 2012-10-29
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2012-11-20 Submit Review
Interview Result : Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have received it too. Actually, everyone receives it, once their case processed in NVC. I don't know why they are telling you that you are not supposed to get this!!! Anyhow, why do you need a PDF version?! Can't you just simply scan it and email it to her?

I would love to if I ever receive this letter. Thats just a copy someone sent to me so I could read it.

Does this letter have a formal name, something I can ask specifically about?

When I call NVC and ask, try to describe it they act like they have no idea what this is.

1/20/2012 - NOA1

7/20/2012 - NOA2 @ 6:50PM EST + 182 Days

7/27/2012 - NVC sent to Embassy

7/30/2013 - NVC Called (603) 334-0700 - Case number received & date sent to embassy received.

7/30/2012 - DHL Waybill Located - Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

---------------- DHL Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG

7/31/2012 - DHL Delivered US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS to Thailand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.