Waves

January I-129F filers

5,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This was a pretty funny post from the previous time that Vermont was a Disservice Center. Sadly we have reverted back to these hard times. But hopefully not for long. I think the hardest thing about all of this is our lack of rights. It's as though falling in love with someone from another country was a crime. That's what makes it so incredibly frustrating. Almost seems like criminals receive more rights than us when we're simply following the legal channels necessary to reunite with our loved ones. So many weeks of disappointment. Hire some more adjudicators or reevaluate how you are appropriating the work and directing resources. Why is it so hard to figure out? But at least this was good for a laugh:

"CAPTAIN KIRK: Captain's log, stardate 06-22-2012. We are again orbiting the Vermont Disservice Center to investigate reports that I-129f petitions are disappearing into a black hole. Landing party, report!

MR. SPOCK: Captain, we have arrived at the Vermont Disservice Center. It is an illogical place with I-129f petitions stacked up to the ceiling. Logic would call for these petitions to be processed, but nobody is doing anything.

DR. MCCOY: Jim, there are bodies all around. I'm getting no readings on my tri-corder. I think they're all dead.

CAPTAIN KIRK: Are those the adjudicators? Is that why nothing is getting done?

SCOTTY: No, Cap'n. These are the petitioners. Many perished during the seemingly endless wait for their petitions to be processed.

DR. MCCOY: Dammit, Jim, we need a new system around here."

Edited by Paul86

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This was a pretty funny post from the previous time that Vermont was a Disservice Center. Sadly we have reverted back to these hard times. But hopefully not for long. I think the hardest thing about all of this is our lack of rights. It's as though falling in love with someone from another country was a crime. That's what makes it so incredibly frustrating. Almost seems like criminals receive more rights than us when we're simply following the legal channels necessary to reunite with our loved ones. So many weeks of disappointment. Hire some more adjudicators or reevaluate how you are appropriating the work and directing resources. Why is it so hard to figure out? But at least this was good for a laugh:

"CAPTAIN KIRK: Captain's log, stardate 06-22-2012. We are again orbiting the Vermont Disservice Center to investigate reports that I-129f petitions are disappearing into a black hole. Landing party, report!

MR. SPOCK: Captain, we have arrived at the Vermont Disservice Center. It is an illogical place with I-129f petitions stacked up to the ceiling. Logic would call for these petitions to be processed, but nobody is doing anything.

DR. MCCOY: Jim, there are bodies all around. I'm getting no readings on my tri-corder. I think they're all dead.

SCOTTY: No, Cap'n. These are the petitioners. Many perished during the seemingly endless wait for their petitions to be processed.

Ahaha, that was brilliant. Even funnier when you know exactly how they'd say it too... Thanks for the laugh! I'm really hoping this week is a better week for all of us. Be it needing approval or needing to know if the NVC has your case yet. Bah, here it is only a little over a week and I'm starting to feel impatient about waiting just two weeks for the NVC! Or maybe that's my tiredness making me fidgety. Oh the things your brain does when you stay up later than normal, wee! :blink:

K1

26 Dec '11 - Officially proposed :)

27 Dec '11 - Continued and Finished building the K1 Package

31 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

03 Jan '12 - I-129F received in Dallas

04 Jan '12 - Check cashed

05 Jan '12 - NOA1

06 Jan '12 - Touch

08 Jan '12 - NOA1 Received in post

09 Jan '12 - Touch

14 Jun '12 - APPROVED - 161 days

18 Jun '12 - NOA2 hard copy received

29 Jun '12 - NVC Received case, LND number assigned

03 Jul '12 - Case left NVC

05 Jul '12 - Case received by London Consulate

07 Jul '12 - Sent DS forms to London (Packet 3)

09 Jul '12 - Sent DS-2001 (Notice of readiness)

10 Jul '12 - London sent and received packet three

11 Jul '12 - Medical

12 Jul '12 - Received packet three (Yes we sent the documents before we received packet 3)

16 Jul '12 - Called DOS, Interview date assigned!

18 Jul '12 - Packed 4 received

15 Aug '12 - Interview - APPROVED!

17 Aug '12 - DOS confirmed visa issued and printed

21 Aug '12 - Visa received

05 Sep '12 - POE

18 Nov '12 - Wedding!

AOS

23 Nov '12 - AOS Mailed in!

27 Nov '12 - Pack Received

29 Nov '12 - Case Numbers Assigned (NOA1)

03 Dec '12 - NOA received in post

07 Dec '12 - Biometrics appointment received in post

27 Dec '12 - Biometrics

23 Jan '13 - EAD & AP Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ha! That is pretty funny! :)

Our K-1 Visa Journey

1/17/12: Mailed Original I129F packet via USPS with signature confirmation to Dallas Lockbox

1/19/12: Packet received at Dallas Lockbox

1/24/12: Received text message notification at 12:47am central time stating packet was received and our case number

1/24/12: Received E-Notification in email that I129F packet was being sent to VSC for initial review

1/27/12: Received NOA1 in US mail

7/12/12: Received text notification at 3:45pm central time stating our case had been updated *APPROVED!*

7/15/12?: Received NOA2 in US mail (not sure of this date)

7/20/12: NVC forwarded case to London Embassy

7/27/12: Fiance received letter from London Embassy stating they'd received our case and instructions for obtaining interview

7/30/12: Fiance mailed DS 156, DS 156K, DS 230, DS 157, DS 2001 to London Embassy

8/20/12: Medical

8/31/12: Called DOS and was told interview date: 10/3/12

9/3/12: Sent email to London Embassy requesting interview date be changed

9/5/12: Received response from London Embassy (via email) stating interview date had been changed to 9/10/12

9/7/12: Received new letter from London Embassy with new interview date & time

9/17/12: Received Visa in the mail

Timeline

Com'on Mmmmmmoooonnnnndddddaaaayyyyyyy and July 25th! As much as I hate to say it and think about it, I won't be surprised if I'm not approved by July 25th.... :( I hope my secretary lady has good news for me on Monday :(

Our K-1 Visa Journey

1/17/12: Mailed Original I129F packet via USPS with signature confirmation to Dallas Lockbox

1/19/12: Packet received at Dallas Lockbox

1/24/12: Received text message notification at 12:47am central time stating packet was received and our case number

1/24/12: Received E-Notification in email that I129F packet was being sent to VSC for initial review

1/27/12: Received NOA1 in US mail

7/12/12: Received text notification at 3:45pm central time stating our case had been updated *APPROVED!*

7/15/12?: Received NOA2 in US mail (not sure of this date)

7/20/12: NVC forwarded case to London Embassy

7/27/12: Fiance received letter from London Embassy stating they'd received our case and instructions for obtaining interview

7/30/12: Fiance mailed DS 156, DS 156K, DS 230, DS 157, DS 2001 to London Embassy

8/20/12: Medical

8/31/12: Called DOS and was told interview date: 10/3/12

9/3/12: Sent email to London Embassy requesting interview date be changed

9/5/12: Received response from London Embassy (via email) stating interview date had been changed to 9/10/12

9/7/12: Received new letter from London Embassy with new interview date & time

9/17/12: Received Visa in the mail

Paul may I know if we can still receive an email notification about our case status even if we couldn't encode our case number in the uscis? We tried to sign up for mobile notification nd email but it won't accept our case number. My fiance tried to called uscis and made a follow up they said to wait for 3 days and our 3rd day wud be this monday. But upon reading this thread it seems that they just gave us false hope about when to expect our approval.

Timeline

Paul may I know if we can still receive an email notification about our case status even if we couldn't encode our case number in the uscis? We tried to sign up for mobile notification nd email but it won't accept our case number. My fiance tried to called uscis and made a follow up they said to wait for 3 days and our 3rd day wud be this monday. But upon reading this thread it seems that they just gave us false hope about when to expect our approval.

It is unlikely you would receive email or text notifications without being able to activate it on the website. However, maybe a CSR could assist you with enabling it in some way as some users were able to receive the text notification of NOA1 via sms before receiving their receipt numbers so a system independent of the website must exist. I'm not sure if this could also work for NOA2. But it's worth looking into. Some users found that the website also accepted their receipt number after approval of the petition had occurred.

And the USCIS case status webpage crashed. "Server is currently unavailable or down for maintenance". Waaaaaaaah!!!

At least they picked a Sunday for it :D

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Com'on Mmmmmmoooonnnnndddddaaaayyyyyyy and July 25th! As much as I hate to say it and think about it, I won't be surprised if I'm not approved by July 25th.... :( I hope my secretary lady has good news for me on Monday :(

Me too. I hope the secretary can give us all some insight because most of us in the middle of month are in a similar situation. I'm excited for the week to begin. But also very nervous because this is sort of a make or break sort of week for all of us. They either pull their act together at VSC or we have the disappointment of some very poor processing times to look forward to :( ... I have no confidence in that next week being good. 4th of July on a Wednesday will not be in our favor at all..It's either champagne and congrats for many of us this week..or stuck staring into the beyond 5 months processing abyss. It's unfortunate that it even had to come to this. It just feels like so much time was wasted over the past month. Help us out VSC. Please stop being VDC.

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

just wanted to say i'm thinking of you guys and wishing wishing wishing you hear something soon... what the hell is going on? i really thought it was all gonna kick off from 14th, when we heard.. it seemed like the start of something! but no, as usual, it's all just one big disappointment.

but hey, a lot of you guys could still end up in the US waaay before photomile and sara and i, considering how slow london is.

let's all have fun skyping with our loved ones today, and do our best to laugh with them, despite it al.

k

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

just wanted to say i'm thinking of you guys and wishing wishing wishing you hear something soon... what the hell is going on? i really thought it was all gonna kick off from 14th, when we heard.. it seemed like the start of something! but no, as usual, it's all just one big disappointment.

but hey, a lot of you guys could still end up in the US waaay before photomile and sara and i, considering how slow london is.

let's all have fun skyping with our loved ones today, and do our best to laugh with them, despite it al.

k

Here, here! And so true on slow London. At the rate things are going, I figure my honey will enter the U.S. in October if we're lucky. I've started looking wedding date options in November. At least we'll have another Christmas together for sure.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And the USCIS case status webpage crashed. "Server is currently unavailable or down for maintenance". Waaaaaaaah!!!

Maybe the server has just been suddenly overwhelmed with changes to post-decision that it can't handle all the approvals we're about to see! *sigh* I might already have mine, but I can dream right? Haha...

K1

26 Dec '11 - Officially proposed :)

27 Dec '11 - Continued and Finished building the K1 Package

31 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

03 Jan '12 - I-129F received in Dallas

04 Jan '12 - Check cashed

05 Jan '12 - NOA1

06 Jan '12 - Touch

08 Jan '12 - NOA1 Received in post

09 Jan '12 - Touch

14 Jun '12 - APPROVED - 161 days

18 Jun '12 - NOA2 hard copy received

29 Jun '12 - NVC Received case, LND number assigned

03 Jul '12 - Case left NVC

05 Jul '12 - Case received by London Consulate

07 Jul '12 - Sent DS forms to London (Packet 3)

09 Jul '12 - Sent DS-2001 (Notice of readiness)

10 Jul '12 - London sent and received packet three

11 Jul '12 - Medical

12 Jul '12 - Received packet three (Yes we sent the documents before we received packet 3)

16 Jul '12 - Called DOS, Interview date assigned!

18 Jul '12 - Packed 4 received

15 Aug '12 - Interview - APPROVED!

17 Aug '12 - DOS confirmed visa issued and printed

21 Aug '12 - Visa received

05 Sep '12 - POE

18 Nov '12 - Wedding!

AOS

23 Nov '12 - AOS Mailed in!

27 Nov '12 - Pack Received

29 Nov '12 - Case Numbers Assigned (NOA1)

03 Dec '12 - NOA received in post

07 Dec '12 - Biometrics appointment received in post

27 Dec '12 - Biometrics

23 Jan '13 - EAD & AP Approved

Timeline

Maybe the server has just been suddenly overwhelmed with changes to post-decision that it can't handle all the approvals we're about to see! *sigh* I might already have mine, but I can dream right? Haha...

haha I know right. Wouldn't it be great if the lack of approvals has all been a server problem? and we'll access it tonight or Monday and be so pleasantly surprised. it's a good dream. wish it could be a reality for all of us. I still think something is weird with our mid Month petitions. for some reason they just did not get into the hands of adjudicators in the way that they should. such a void mid month can not merely be due to chance.

Edited by Paul86

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

haha I know right. Wouldn't it be great if the lack of approvals has all been a server problem? and we'll access it tonight or Monday and be so pleasantly surprised. it's a good dream. wish it could be a reality for all of us. I still think something is weird with our mid Month petitions. for some reason they just did not get into the hands of adjudicators in the way that they should. such a void mid month can not merely be due to chance.

There is something weird about it. I'm pretty sure the only mid month ones to be touched have been ones that have had congressional inquiries. I hope we're all pleasantly surprised on Monday! The slower VSC gets, the more I worry that I won't have my fiance here before the end of the year. I know that's crazy, but London is so slow.

K1 Visa Timeline

01/13/2012 I-129F sent via USPS

01/16/2012 I-129F delivered

01/17/2012 NOA1 date on USCIS website

01/20/2012 Text and E-Mail Notification of NOA1!

01/20/2012 Check Cashed

01/23/2012 NOA1 Hardcopy

01/23/2012 Called USCIS to report that my fiance's name was misspelled on the NOA1

01/24/2012 Touched

01/26/2012 Received response to report, e-mail states error has been corrected.

02/08/2012 Touched

07/12/2012 NOA2! It took 177 days.

07/17/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy

07/20/2012 NVC received and forwarded to London

07/23/2012 Received in London

07/31/2012 Packet 3 received

08/02/2012 Packet 3 sent

08/16/2012 Medical

10/1/2012 Interview: APPROVED!

10/3/2012 Visa Issued

10/8/2012 Visa delivery

10/24/2012 POE Dublin

11/21/2012 Wedding

event.png

[uSCIS] cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Guys we are all with our loved ones by November!!!Don't you even think it will be any other way!!! :)

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys we are all with our loved ones by November!!!Don't you even think it will be any other way!!! :)

November :( nooo

K1 PROCESS
1/14/12 - I-129f sent to Dallas, TX, 1/18/12 - received by VSC
1/20/12 - NOA 1
7/19/12 - NOA 2 - YES AFTER 183 DAYS!!!
7/27/12 - NVC received
8/02/12 - Consulate received
8/23/12 - Medical exam appt
9/06/12 - Interview @ 9am - Approved! smile.png
9/28/12 - POE - Vienna - London - Philly

Wedding - 10/6/12 @ 1:30pm ET

AOS
10/20/12 - AOS sent to Chicago lockbox
10/26/12 - NOA1s for all 3 forms
11/28/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/29/12 - EAD & AP approved
01/08/13 - EAD combo card received

06/28/13 - AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.