evelyn1140

Any red flags, we are just one week away

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I would like to know if we have any red flags

1) we met in social network, talked for 5 months.

2) met in 5 months later

3) 2 months later we married

4) I never being married, neither my husband. I have one child ( in my teens) My son now is 17. my husband does not have kids.

4) I was a resident alien before I married him, then I became a citizen.

5) I had been in turkey 3 times last year, this year will be 4th time ( I am going for his interview)

6) my husband is not working for the past 6 months.

7) I never petition anybody before.

8) he had never requested any visa to come here( this is what he said)

I told my husband to take my passport to the embassy for them to know I was there.

( He has copies of my other entries)

Am I good ? I hope God will bless us

Edited by evelyn1140

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Atop every VJ page are links for "Embassy Info" and "Reviews." In each, read everything you can about YOUR consulate. Interviews are very embassy-specific, so only those for yours will apply to you. Pay special attention to the WORST stories, so that you and he can be prepared.

His presenting your passport to the consul is an outstanding plan (especially in consulates in third-world or high-fraud countries) -- doing so might turn a borderline interview into a positive one or provide a fighting chance if the consul had made up his mind to refuse the visa. You WILL be on the premises, correct? (Presumably, since you're loaning your husband your passport!) You could be invited in to the interview, which would be a very good sign.

If you're considerably older than he is, or past childbearing age, it could be a sticking point if cultural norms for that country indicate that a man without children typically would marry someone able to produce them. This is another reason for you to be on the premises for the interview.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I'm looking at your timeline. Looks like you met a year and a half ago. That's ok. I am also a naturalized citizen. I became one after I met my fiancé. They were pretty tough on him in his interview. But he knew everything about my job, my daughter and my life in general. They were firm on making him speak English. But in the end, everything was by the book. Finances in order. So they approved. They might be tough on your husband, but this is to protect you. Have a long talk with him about your life. Cover all your bases. Then you will be just fine ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Has your son met your husband? If yes, have him show pics of them together. If no, be prepared with a good reason why. Either way, he should be able to talk about your son, showing knowledge of his school, hobbies etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Has your son met your husband? If yes, have him show pics of them together. If no, be prepared with a good reason why. Either way, he should be able to talk about your son, showing knowledge of his school, hobbies etc.

Well my husband does not know my son in person but he always see him in skype. My son in unable to travel to turkey due to school( he is in high school). furthermore he would not traveled so far. My son just say hi to my husband " he his not too happy I got married" My son asked me why I waited 16 years to get married. I hope everything goes fine.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Atop every VJ page are links for "Embassy Info" and "Reviews." In each, read everything you can about YOUR consulate. Interviews are very embassy-specific, so only those for yours will apply to you. Pay special attention to the WORST stories, so that you and he can be prepared.

His presenting your passport to the consul is an outstanding plan (especially in consulates in third-world or high-fraud countries) -- doing so might turn a borderline interview into a positive one or provide a fighting chance if the consul had made up his mind to refuse the visa. You WILL be on the premises, correct? (Presumably, since you're loaning your husband your passport!) You could be invited in to the interview, which would be a very good sign.

If you're considerably older than he is, or past childbearing age, it could be a sticking point if cultural norms for that country indicate that a man without children typically would marry someone able to produce them. This is another reason for you to be on the premises for the interview.

I would not be able to get inside. Ankara embassy does not allow. I am giving him my passport to show I am there + the itinerany of my others flights. I hope than can work in our advantage. I told my husband he better dont lose it or don;t let them keep it. I am kind of worry in that part, Also to answer your other question. He is just 3 years older than me. I hope

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

I'm looking at your timeline. Looks like you met a year and a half ago. That's ok. I am also a naturalized citizen. I became one after I met my fiancé. They were pretty tough on him in his interview. But he knew everything about my job, my daughter and my life in general. They were firm on making him speak English. But in the end, everything was by the book. Finances in order. So they approved. They might be tough on your husband, but this is to protect you. Have a long talk with him about your life. Cover all your bases. Then you will be just fine ;)

my only concern is his english. He understand well but it take him a while to speak. I told him about it, He will have to speak in english. Sabrina, thank you for the police report thingy. I told him to get it.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

As long as he understands what they are asking him, he will be fine. They don't say he needs to speak quickly. Don't worry about him.

my only concern is his english. He understand well but it take him a while to speak. I told him about it, He will have to speak in english. Sabrina, thank you for the police report thingy. I told him to get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.