7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

We had our interview today, and the lady was just mainly looking at our wedding album pictures, and seemed to enjoy the pictures. One thing, she said at the end was if my wife had the medical exam, and we said yes, she did her medical exam back in Syria, before arriving, and took all her vaccinations. However, the lady told us, she needs to get the vaccinations in the U.S., which I don't get, because, it was U.S. Doctor working in Syria, that completed her medical exam, and gave her a sealed envelop to give the U.S. Embassy.

So, the lady who interviewed us gave us a paper, saying that my wife needs to get the vaccinations, within 30 days, but crossed it out and wrote 87 days, and to return the paper with the vaccinations.

My wife is concerned, because one she already got the vaccinations, using the U.S. Embassy doctor back in Syria, and two we are trying to conceive a baby, and the vaccinations are not good for someone getting pregnant or is pregnant.

I tried to tell the lady nicely, that she already completed all the medical exam before coming to the U.S.,and submitted the paperwork to the Embassy, but she was saying it doesn't matter, she needs to get the vaccinations here in the U.S.

What should we do?

I've updated my timeline to aid VJ users, please update yours if you haven't :-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We had our interview today, and the lady was just mainly looking at our wedding album pictures, and seemed to enjoy the pictures. One thing, she said at the end was if my wife had the medical exam, and we said yes, she did her medical exam back in Syria, before arriving, and took all her vaccinations. However, the lady told us, she needs to get the vaccinations in the U.S., which I don't get, because, it was U.S. Doctor working in Syria, that completed her medical exam, and gave her a sealed envelop to give the U.S. Embassy.

So, the lady who interviewed us gave us a paper, saying that my wife needs to get the vaccinations, within 30 days, but crossed it out and wrote 87 days, and to return the paper with the vaccinations.

My wife is concerned, because one she already got the vaccinations, using the U.S. Embassy doctor back in Syria, and two we are trying to conceive a baby, and the vaccinations are not good for someone getting pregnant or is pregnant.

I tried to tell the lady nicely, that she already completed all the medical exam before coming to the U.S.,and submitted the paperwork to the Embassy, but she was saying it doesn't matter, she needs to get the vaccinations here in the U.S.

What should we do?

Some follow up shots are needed for her health. Try going to your local county health clinic for help & advise. I did it this way & got my 3 shots for 23 dollars.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She should see a CS about the shots. Take proof of the shots she's already have and the CS will give any she's missing. As she isn't actually pregnant she can't waive any shots. You could try telling the CS that you're TRYING to get pregnant but I can't tell you if they'll not give them.

Not to be rude but I think her staying legally in the country and having to put off trying for a baby for a couple of months is a better option than her being unable to stay. See a CS and then assess your options.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Follow the IO instruction and comply. All the best.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Comply, do not resist, you will be assimilated" (Quoted from the Borg on StarTrek) Hehe...

You are correct. MMR (Mumps/Measles/Rubella) is contraindicated if a woman is pregnant or expects to become pregnant, as are all live attenuated vaccines. Some vaccines are not contraindicated such as TD (Tetanus/Diptheria) or TDaP, or Influenza, in fact they are recommended if indicated. See: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm

How's this for a suggestion: Many home pregnancy kits say that they are accurate on the first day that you miss your period, but this is not correct. However if you wait for one week beyond the date of the missed period I'd suspect you'd come close to a 100% accuracy rate. Therefore if you schedule your visit close to that date, you will know whether to proceed or not. You should use a reliable form of contraception (unfortunately the only truly reliable one is abstinence) for one month after an attenuated live vaccination. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/home-pregnancy-tests/PR00100

Therefore if you are trying to conceive, this pretty much takes an 8 week of time out of your efforts.

Consider too that though possible, I cannot find reference to a single case where a fetus has become infected via vaccination which is not to say it's impossible, but it is to say that it's exceedingly unlikely.

"The combination measles-mumps-rubella vaccine and the varicella vaccine are live attenuated vaccines, and are contraindicated during pregnancy owing to theoretical concerns. However, there is no evidence that there are increased risks of malformations, congenital rubella syndrome, or varicella syndrome attributable to these vaccines." from: http://www.cfp.ca/content/57/5/555.full

Edited by 42pines

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Thanks for the different responses.

I called the different civil surgeons on the list, and asked them specifically what are the vaccinations that need to be taken, and they told me they are two, and they happened to be the exact two that my spouse already took in Syria, by a civil surgeon there. So, we had her record faxed over from Syria, I just took it to a civil surgeon here in CA, and for $30 he just transcribed the info, indicating that the vaccinations have been met and signed and sealed it in an envelop. I mailed it in, last Thursday, we'll see what happens in the next week or so.

There is no point in getting double vaccinated for the same thing, and both by civil surgeons. The interviewer just didn't get it, and I didn't want to argue hopefully, I'll get some good news soon.

Edited by Qais

I've updated my timeline to aid VJ users, please update yours if you haven't :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

good for you !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.