Jamie and Shirley

O...M....G....

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, but it is at home and I am at work today. My petition wouldn't pick up the phone when I called my house to speak to it, so I called the attorney for verification. :yes:

:rofl:

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

At least you are retaining your sense of humor. When you go home please train your petition to answer the phone and you will not have to incur further lawyer fees. :D

Drive down to NY. No snow and all the drivers are sober and taking defensive driving classes. :blink:

NY and sober??? I thought that is contradiction.

Oh yeah the defensive driving class - is that the one you used to pay $40 for piece of paper, and don't even have to attend it :rofl:

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes, but it is at home and I am at work today. My petition wouldn't pick up the phone when I called my house to speak to it, so I called the attorney for verification. :yes:

have you tried connecting your phone to your petition using a "phone to petition adapter cable"???

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

have you tried connecting your phone to your petition using a "phone to petition adapter cable"???

Yes, but unfortunately I bought the cable at Walmart and the quality was so poor that it wouldn't convey data. :lol:

On a more serious note, I'm going to the USCIS office today at lunch to see what they can tell me (if anything) about what in the world may be producing issues in Section C of the petition. Like I said, I have never served in the military and I have never been convicted of a crime of any sort. Hopefully, there is a person there that the Universe will direct me to that has a sweet and caring personality and feels like being as helpful as possible on a Friday afternoon :yes:

Jamie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, but unfortunately I bought the cable at Walmart and the quality was so poor that it wouldn't convey data. :lol:

On a more serious note, I'm going to the USCIS office today at lunch to see what they can tell me (if anything) about what in the world may be producing issues in Section C of the petition. Like I said, I have never served in the military and I have never been convicted of a crime of any sort. Hopefully, there is a person there that the Universe will direct me to that has a sweet and caring personality and feels like being as helpful as possible on a Friday afternoon :yes:

Jamie

Your name might have come up in a background check for a DV case or something similar, and they might want to know why you didn't declare it for the IMBRA requirements. I saw something similar happen to someone else. They'd had a big blow-up fight during their prior divorce. DV charges were filed, but were later dismissed for lack of evidence. USCIS found out that charges had been filed, but didn't know the disposition of the case, so they wanted court documents in order to determine if an IMBRA disclosure requirement needed to be met.

You'll know more when you get the hardcopy RFE.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Your name might have come up in a background check for a DV case or something similar, and they might want to know why you didn't declare it for the IMBRA requirements. I saw something similar happen to someone else. They'd had a big blow-up fight during their prior divorce. DV charges were filed, but were later dismissed for lack of evidence. USCIS found out that charges had been filed, but didn't know the disposition of the case, so they wanted court documents in order to determine if an IMBRA disclosure requirement needed to be met.

You'll know more when you get the hardcopy RFE.

I can't imagine that would be the issue - I've never been a part of any kind of domestic violence in my life. I have barely ever had any blow up type of arguments. I'm just not that type of guy :no: You never know what people can do to you these days though and I appreciate the ideas you are sharing :)

Timeline

Any luck at your local USCIS office? I hope someone there was able o help you :)

Edited by Pudge

Met in Feb 2009 while I was working overseas.

Started dating almost 1 year to the date that we met in Feb of 2010.

Returned to the US in Sep 2010 :(

July 2011 - Proposed

Aug. 1st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F

Aug. 4th, 2011 - NOA1

Jan. 10th, 2012 - NOA2

Jan. 18th, 2012- NVC rec

Jan. 19th, 2012 - NVC sent

Jan. 25th, 2012 -Tokyo Embasy Rec.

Jan. 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Rec.

Feb. 6th, 2012 - Packet 3 Mailed

Feb. 10th, 2012 - Packet 4 Rec. (by E-mail)

Feb. 22nd, 2012 - Medical Exam

Feb. 23rd, 2012 - Hard Copy of Packet 4 Rec. (Same as information in E-mail)

March 12th, 2012 - Visa Interview

March 14th, 2012 - Visa Recived

May 29th, 2012 - Came to USA !!!

June 8th, 2012 - Married :)

June 12th, 2012 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Mailed

June 18th, 2012 - NOA for AOS Packet

July 16th, 2012 - Bio

Aug. 23rd, 2012 - AP/EAD approved

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS interview

Aug. 29th, 2012 - AOS approved

Aug. 31st, 2012 - AP/EAD recived

Timeline

*UPDATED*

1. I hate attorneys. Mine has not earned a single penny of the the $2000 that Shirley and I paid him. The ONLY thing he has done was send out our paperwork. I wish I had started reading this forum before I retained him to represent our case. HE should have been the one to say "Oh no! Let me call the Dpartment of State and find out what's going on" or "Let me run over to the USCIS office and see what can be done".... GRRRRR. And he flat out lied to me when he said everything was filled out on the I-129F - which brings me to...

2. This weekend I dug my paperwork out of the box it was in (I just moved to a larger home for Shirley, our soon to be baby, and I) and looked at my original copy of the I-129F and Section C was NOT filled out. I somehow MISSED checking off the box that indicates that I was never convicted of a crime. I was so angry with myself for overlooking that!!! But just as angry with my attorney for not double checking the work he is representing and for lying to me about it being marked off. Sooooo...

3. I attended my CIS appointment Monday morning and the ladies that I spoke to were very nice to me and tried to be very helpful so we shall soon see if their efforts on my behalf pay off for me in a positive way. They put in a service request for me stating exactly what is wrong with the I-129F (a check mark was left off of Section C) and also asked if there was any possibility of expedition because Shirley is pregnant. She told me not to get my hopes up about any expediting, but that I should hear something from the office in about 5 days and we could hopefully resolve the matter quickly. I went so far as to ask if someone in the vermont office could be called and I would give them verbal consent to check the NO box of Section C because it just seems so rediculous that we would have to go through such trouble for such a thing - but of course they can't do things like that.

4. Let my folly be a lesson to you new guys. Don't hire a lawyer if you don't have to and check your paperwork a hundred times! It is easy to miss something like a checkbox when you are so concentrated on getting all the information on the other forms correct. The I-129F is easy to fill out when compared to the other information sheets that you have to fill out and something like that could be taken for granted.

I will update you guys when I hear something back from Vermont.

Timeline

*UPDATED*

1. I hate attorneys. Mine has not earned a single penny of the the $2000 that Shirley and I paid him. The ONLY thing he has done was send out our paperwork. I wish I had started reading this forum before I retained him to represent our case. HE should have been the one to say "Oh no! Let me call the Dpartment of State and find out what's going on" or "Let me run over to the USCIS office and see what can be done".... GRRRRR. And he flat out lied to me when he said everything was filled out on the I-129F - which brings me to...

2. This weekend I dug my paperwork out of the box it was in (I just moved to a larger home for Shirley, our soon to be baby, and I) and looked at my original copy of the I-129F and Section C was NOT filled out. I somehow MISSED checking off the box that indicates that I was never convicted of a crime. I was so angry with myself for overlooking that!!! But just as angry with my attorney for not double checking the work he is representing and for lying to me about it being marked off. Sooooo...

3. I attended my CIS appointment Monday morning and the ladies that I spoke to were very nice to me and tried to be very helpful so we shall soon see if their efforts on my behalf pay off for me in a positive way. They put in a service request for me stating exactly what is wrong with the I-129F (a check mark was left off of Section C) and also asked if there was any possibility of expedition because Shirley is pregnant. She told me not to get my hopes up about any expediting, but that I should hear something from the office in about 5 days and we could hopefully resolve the matter quickly. I went so far as to ask if someone in the vermont office could be called and I would give them verbal consent to check the NO box of Section C because it just seems so rediculous that we would have to go through such trouble for such a thing - but of course they can't do things like that.

4. Let my folly be a lesson to you new guys. Don't hire a lawyer if you don't have to and check your paperwork a hundred times! It is easy to miss something like a checkbox when you are so concentrated on getting all the information on the other forms correct. The I-129F is easy to fill out when compared to the other information sheets that you have to fill out and something like that could be taken for granted.

I will update you guys when I hear something back from Vermont.

Oh yeah, sorry for such a long post :bonk:

Because of an attorney mistake now your case might get delayed another 2 months. Hopefully not. I can imagine how frustrated you all must be, you pay the guy that much to make sure everything is filled out correctly and still gets messed up. Just like you said, never get an attorney unless you really need one.

Good luck to you two and i hope they get it fixed without sending you the actual RFE.

K1 Process

06/13/2011 - I-129F packet sent

06/14/2011 - Packet delivered, signed by JArthur

06/16/2011 - Check cashed

06/17/2011 - Email and text NOA1

06/18/2011 - Touched

06/20/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 6/16

09/13/2011 - NOA2 approved, 88 days, text and email received

09/16/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

10/31/2011 - Interview (Approved)

11/11/2011 - POE (Charlotte)

11/27/2011 - Wedding

AOS, EAD & AP

12/16/2011 - Packet sent

12/19/2011 - Package delivered and signed by J.C

12/22/2011 - 3 emails and text notifications

12/23/2011 - Check cashed

12/27/2011 - NOA1 hard copies received

12/30/2011 - Biometrics letter received, appt date set for Jan 23rd

01/17/2012 - Case transferred to CSC (notified by text and email)

01/20/2012 - Hard copy of transfer received

01/23/2012 - Biometrics done

02/21/2012 - EAD and AP approved

02/28/2012 - EAD and AP received on same card

03/15/2012 - Green card approved, in production

03/20/2012 - Green card in hands

Timeline

*UPDATE*

On Thursday of last week, I received and email from USCIS that they had received the service request (four days after my local office put it in on Monday). That was all, there was nothing else included in the email.

I'm very bummed. It looks like I will be forced down a long road....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

*UPDATE*

On Thursday of last week, I received and email from USCIS that they had received the service request (four days after my local office put it in on Monday). That was all, there was nothing else included in the email.

I'm very bummed. It looks like I will be forced down a long road....

there is a good chance you will hear something within the next couple of weeks now... hopefully

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.