12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OMG i thought driving to the airport was the easy part... now im worried im gonna die in a car accident :(

But you could be killed by fallng on the stairs and landing head down on a scratch awl in the basement even before you get to the car! I HATE when that happpens!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Not often. NVC is not a "stage" at all. It is a processing hub for the Department of State and it is PART of the consulate stage.

Petitions can also be sent back from the consulate, even after a visa is approved and in one case here the visa was issued and the beneficiary was told to come back and the visa was taken away! There was also a case where a person was tunred away at the point of entry due to erros in the processing of the visa. All of these are rare and nothing to worry about really. You are far more likely to be killed in a car accident driving to the airport

What problems/flags do the NVC look for when they receive your approved I-129F? What does the NVC do exactly when they receive an I-129F besides enter the case into the database?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

But you could be killed by fallng on the stairs and landing head down on a scratch awl in the basement even before you get to the car! I HATE when that happpens!

Dying in a car accident or dealing with USCIS? I'll take option 1 please!!!

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Hey Gary...

Can you give me a lift to the airport? :whistle:

:rofl:

Sergey is coming Friday and Pasha wanted to drive to the airpot to get his brother in his NEW CAR! Woo Hooo. Alla agreed and then Pasha said he meant he wanted to drive to the airport in NEW YORK to get him. :lol: NO 'EFFIN WAY! Alla bought him a ticket to Burlington so Pasha will drive exactly 4 miles to get Sergey.

he also has a Volvo so it is the safest rated car on the road. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

What problems/flags do the NVC look for when they receive your approved I-129F? What does the NVC do exactly when they receive an I-129F besides enter the case into the database?

It is a mystery, alas I have no "ins" at NVC, dammit. I surmise they check to be sure that USCIS has done the processing properly, they also do a background check using different resources than USCIS. Other than that I cannnot say for sure.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

:rofl:

Sergey is coming Friday and Pasha wanted to drive to the airpot to get his brother in his NEW CAR! Woo Hooo. Alla agreed and then Pasha said he meant he wanted to drive to the airport in NEW YORK to get him. :lol: NO 'EFFIN WAY! Alla bought him a ticket to Burlington so Pasha will drive exactly 4 miles to get Sergey.

he also has a Volvo so it is the safest rated car on the road. :lol:

Well...

Thanks to you I'm now thinking about WALKING to the airport (I'll probably get run over by a snow plow)...

You just HAD to pick THAT analogy, huh? :thumbs:

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

"He got an NOA2

The petition was denied and sent back due to some error in the I-129f, or so they said to him. We do not KNOW why and we will not know why until USCIS reviews it and issues a decision.

The OP is jumping to coclusions without solid information."

Yes, you are somewhat correct. I'm not actually jumping to a conclusion, just making an assumption as to what could be missing after speaking with my attorney. No conclusions were drawn though :no:

It had not occurred to me that maybe someone at CIS could have not filled in some information. I will call tomorrow and see if I can get some more conclusive information. Murphy's Law is real and in affect lol.

Edited by Jamie and Shirley

Timeline

"He got an NOA2

The petition was denied and sent back due to some error in the I-129f, or so they said to him. We do not KNOW why and we will not know why until USCIS reviews it and issues a decision.

The OP is jumping to coclusions without solid information."

Yes, you are somewhat correct. I'm not actually jumping to a conclusion, just making an assumption as to what could be missing after speaking with my attorney. No conclusions were drawn though :no:

It had not occurred to me that maybe someone at CIS could have not filled in some information. I will call tomorrow and see if I can get some more conclusive information. Murphy's Law is real and in affect lol.

You say assume I say conclude. Either way, until you get it in writing you have nothing and are merely speculating.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Just be careful driving in Vermont. Crazy Ukrainian women on the roads up there.

With guns !!!

I also have to drive to the airport on Friday, to fly out and see my fiance and go with her to her interview - thanks for jinxing all of us Gary, I'll come back and haunt you if anything happens to me. I'd rather be driving in VT with gun toting Ukrainians than the morons here in Seattle who have been having sh*t fits for the last few days because of a few inches of snow. :)

Timeline

You say assume I say conclude. Either way, until you get it in writing you have nothing and are merely speculating.

I have new information from the NVC regarding this case that is even more confusing... the lady told me this morning that she didn't have the specifics, but it was noted that the petition was returned due to something with Section C. Which is so weird because I have NEVER been in the military and I have NEVER been convicted of a crime of ANY kind - much less the ones they are describing on the form.

Called my attorney today and he verified that we checked off the "No" box.

What in the world is going on??? Geez.

How does one talk to an actual person at the USCIS? I called this morning and nothing in the menu gave me an option to speak to an actual person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have new information from the NVC regarding this case that is even more confusing... the lady told me this morning that she didn't have the specifics, but it was noted that the petition was returned due to something with Section C. Which is so weird because I have NEVER been in the military and I have NEVER been convicted of a crime of ANY kind - much less the ones they are describing on the form.

Called my attorney today and he verified that we checked off the "No" box.

What in the world is going on??? Geez.

How does one talk to an actual person at the USCIS? I called this morning and nothing in the menu gave me an option to speak to an actual person.

Why are you asking your attorney about this? Don't you have a copy of the petition that was sent to USCIS?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Why are you asking your attorney about this? Don't you have a copy of the petition that was sent to USCIS?

Yes, but it is at home and I am at work today. My petition wouldn't pick up the phone when I called my house to speak to it, so I called the attorney for verification. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.