mox

Vodka

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Coke with vanilla vodka tastes like spiked Dr. Pepper.

7-Up or Sprite is also pretty good with vanilla vodka. I almost never drink vodka any other way except straight, or in a screwdriver though. And if I'm drinking it mixed, I always get the cheapest stuff. No sense in putting Svedka in a screwdriver when something cheaper tastes the same in solution.

Kirkland Signature (Costco brand) is the way to go!! Combination of smoothness and economy - even if you disregard the rumor that it is actually Grey Goose repackaged it's a great vodka and a great value.

I've heard that. I don't know if I believe it though. I've had Kirkland, and I've had Gray Goose. The Kirkland stuff is pretty good, especially for the price, but I don't think they taste the same. I could be wrong though. Someday I'll have to get a bottle of both and do a taste test.

If I have really nice vodka (like the marvelous and smooth krolewska) I don't like to mix it with anything - just have it on rocks, or maybe a dirty vodka martini

I only mix cheaper vodka with soft drinks - grey goose or stoli I can drink on the rocks, but usually with a little tonic

A colleague brought me back a great bottle of vodka from moscow - I wish I could remember the name, just what the packaging looked like

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It's been my experience that borscht doesn't lend itself real well to recipes. My wife makes it different every time. She doesn't use teaspoons or cups or whatever, she just uses what she's feeling. It tastes a little different every time, but it's always fantastic.

Vodka, by the way, goes great with borscht, but it goes even better with fish.

And pelmeni. And blini. And pirochki.

Actually, vodka pretty much goes with everything except perhaps with Lucky Charms.

In our house vodka is only consumed by the shot. Russian tradition I believe.

As far as Nemiroff, we can get that in Sacramento pretty easily but the Honey Pepper version is not as good as Khortytsa. I don't know what Kyortytsa does with their distilling but it is just really smooth. The Honey Pepper version is smooth until you get the taste of the pepper on your tongue. Pretty amazing kick! :)

We don't drink vodka with any mixes, its either straight or not at all. I never was big on vodka but marrying into a tradition makes it necessary to develop a taste. :devil:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's been my experience that borscht doesn't lend itself real well to recipes. My wife makes it different every time. She doesn't use teaspoons or cups or whatever, she just uses what she's feeling. It tastes a little different every time, but it's always fantastic.

Vodka, by the way, goes great with borscht, but it goes even better with fish.

And pelmeni. And blini. And pirochki.

Actually, vodka pretty much goes with everything except perhaps with Lucky Charms.

Borscht (also borsch, bortsch, borstch, borsh, borshch)

Just because I'm here...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.