bluehills73

I-551 Stamping needed due to EMERGENCY - Please help

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As other have stated you do not need the stamp, however it is not true that they won't stamp your passport just because the extension letter. Since there are plenty of stories here of how people were asked to go into secondary inspection or simple were held longer at customs because the immigration officer was unfamiliar with the extension letter I decided the stamp in my passport along with the extension letter so I would minimize my probability of this happening. I made a infopass appointment in my local service office and the lady who helped me was very happy to give me the stamped, I was in an out in 10 min. She even told me she encouraged anyone that was going to travel to get the stamp. I'm not sure if that's just the police of the service center in Miami, but I do know it's possible. If you're like me and likes to have all your bases covered I think it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Yes, I also got a stamp, mainly for travelling and uncertaintly and they gave it to me. It was slightly reluctant, but he still gave it to me.

Can't hurt to try, the worst they can say is no and then you just use your NOA extension letter. Better to be safe than sorry.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

they won't stamp your passport, that's why they sent you a letter extending your residency for 1 more year. with copy of the letter and GC you are good to travel and work.

Just a correction here... ORIGINAL LETTER. A member had his wife trapped over Christmas in her home country with their infant child due to taking only a copy of the letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I had the same issue.

They were taking too long in Vermont to send my card and my trip was already planned. I scheduled an Info Pass Appointment, explained the situation to the IO and she gave me the stamp valid for 1 year in my passport.

Ironically the card arrived in the mail the day before my trip so I really didn't need the stamp after all.

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.