visaveteran1

Found an old girlfriend on Freepersonnals.ru

213 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I see you're closely following my posts. Good. You know where the push back will come from.

Oh! Wow. Thank you SO much! I was just saying to my white British friends who live in a "good" neighborhood, "I wonder who's going to push back against all of my crazy shenanigans in RUB." We pondered over rice crackers and a wonderful little Chardonnay I picked up in the city centre, long into the night. We graphed, we charted, we consulted high-priced astrologers. But it just wasn't coming to us. Honestly, if you hadn't said anything I'd have been completely gobsmacked. So really, thank you for that. Just...wow. I mean, I really wouldn't have seen that coming. Freight train right to the side of the head, LITERALLY! You're a good friend VV, thank you so much!

LSMA!!! (formerly known as lsma tongue.gif)

So I changed that when in my earlier posts everyone thought I was a Middle-Eastern-man called Isma!

I can't think of a cool screen name.

Suggestions welcome.

(keep it relatively clean)

Then that's cool - but why continue to ###### so much about participation on a public forum.

Also - why so down on the Brit gals - which is weird as we're a pretty tolerant bunch when it comes to pics of female nudity, bawdy talk, 'sexist' jokes etc.

I mean, it takes a lot to get me riled up enough to post like this. But I've been on this site as a reader since 2006 and a poster since 2007 when we first filed our visa petition. I've read a lot of posts in those five years - I've grown to appreciate the wit and comments of lots of members over that time. Some of my favourites are in the UK and RUB forum. Sure there are a couple people who have a general bitter and negative demeanor but I don't mind that either - it's more like in real life - the variety of opinion is what keeps it interesting.

I don't like cliques though - it's a shame if that's what the regional forums are turning into.

I'm going to guess that English is your first language. How about you start going back and reading threads like that one I linked you. Did you read that thread I linked? If so then why post these questions here?

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

Also - why so down on the Brit gals - which is weird as we're a pretty tolerant bunch when it comes to pics of female nudity, bawdy talk, 'sexist' jokes etc.

Personality conflicts for the most part. Some people got off on the wrong foot and on the Internet it's a lot more amusing to keep rivalries going than it is to just ignore each other like they'd probably do IRL.

Personality conflicts for the most part. Some people got off on the wrong foot and on the Internet it's a lot more amusing to keep rivalries going than it is to just ignore each other like they'd probably do IRL.

So tell me again AJ why your little group of trolls is posting in this forum attacking posters? I mean seeing how you feel the need to post your two cents on this thread you could at least give me your take on your little group of gremlins.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I'm going to guess that English is your first language. How about you start going back and reading threads like that one I linked you. Did you read that thread I linked? If so then why post these questions here?

I have been reading these posts - for years now. I get that there are people who like to 'stir the pot' but it's the Internet - that's par for the course.

It just feels that some members who are regulars in this forum keep suggesting that all non-RUB posters are here to troll, cause trouble etc. And also there's at least one person, maybe more who keeps telling everyone not in the regular RUB clique to b*gger off.

I think it's a shame if it's just a small male clique you want. I think the debates get more interesting with more people involved.

So tell me again AJ why your little group of trolls is posting in this forum attacking posters? I mean seeing how you feel the need to post your two cents on this thread you could at least give me your take on your little group of gremlins.

Am I one of the little group of gremlins now?

I have been reading these posts - for years now. I get that there are people who like to 'stir the pot' but it's the Internet - that's par for the course.

It just feels that some members who are regulars in this forum keep suggesting that all non-RUB posters are here to troll, cause trouble etc. And also there's at least one person, maybe more who keeps telling everyone not in the regular RUB clique to b*gger off.

I think it's a shame if it's just a small male clique you want. I think the debates get more interesting with more people involved.

Here's the next question and let's see how much class we all have around here. I know I don't have much but let's see anyways.

That thread I linked you to...well that poster was new to this forum and most likely will never come back here again. In fact it got so bad that the OP asked to have the thread locked. You do see what I'm saying here yes? I sure hope so.

So now for this question. "Women's Day" is a big thing for wives, fiancee's, gf's, etc.. in RUB countries...much bigger than Valentines Day...at least for them. So someone starts a thread on that day doing the usual congratulations and these mainly UK trolls come into the RUB forum and bash posters on that thread. Wives, fiancee's...you name it. Some of these RUB women have never been to the US yet, posted on that thread and then proceeded to get flamed to no end. I can only guess what they were feeling.

So what's your take on that?

sigbet.jpg

Here's the next question and let's see how much class we all have around here. I know I don't have much but let's see anyways.

That thread I linked you to...well that poster was new to this forum and most likely will never come back here again. In fact it got so bad that the OP asked to have the thread locked. You do see what I'm saying here yes? I sure hope so.

So now for this question. "Women's Day" is a big thing for wives, fiancee's, gf's, etc.. in RUB countries...much bigger than Valentines Day...at least for them. So someone starts a thread on that day doing the usual congratulations and these mainly UK trolls come into the RUB forum and bash posters on that thread. Wives, fiancee's...you name it. Some of these RUB women have never been to the US yet, posted on that thread and then proceeded to get flamed to no end. I can only guess what they were feeling.

So what's your take on that?

Well - I can see more than one side on the Ukrainian child support thread - the OP came across as a bit of a douche in the early part of the thread with the focus on the money - I think he explained his side a bit better later on and unfortunately for him I think his more reasonable response got lost in the fire fight between a group of people who wanted to jump to a 'she's a scammer' riff and the other group of people who wanted to go on about 'deadbeat dads'. To me it seemed like the OP's story got lost in other people's issues but I don't think all the bad was on the non-RUB people's side.

I can't remember a thread where people from the UK have directly given any women in the RUB forum a hard time. I don't read this site 24/7 though - I have job and a baby so I probably miss some stuff. Of course it's a bit ####### if people are being mean in a Women's Day thread. But posts directly to any of the 'main' guys here. Come on. You can dole it out - you can take it. You're a robust group - with (mostly) I think a good sense of humour. I think you can cope with a bit of challenging conversation once in a while. I mean, you need a break every now and then from the ####### and gun posts, surely?

Congratulations. You guys made this thread boring and tiresome. Back to regularly-scheduled programming about guns, pie, and Kip's MIL.

You're right - I'm sorry - also - I've missed the MIL story - were there pictures?

Well - I can see more than one side on the Ukrainian child support thread - the OP came across as a bit of a douche in the early part of the thread with the focus on the money - I think he explained his side a bit better later on and unfortunately for him I think his more reasonable response got lost in the fire fight between a group of people who wanted to jump to a 'she's a scammer' riff and the other group of people who wanted to go on about 'deadbeat dads'. To me it seemed like the OP's story got lost in other people's issues but I don't think all the bad was on the non-RUB people's side.

I can't remember a thread where people from the UK have directly given any women in the RUB forum a hard time. I don't read this site 24/7 though - I have job and a baby so I probably miss some stuff. Of course it's a bit ####### if people are being mean in a Women's Day thread. But posts directly to any of the 'main' guys here. Come on. You can dole it out - you can take it. You're a robust group - with (mostly) I think a good sense of humour. I think you can cope with a bit of challenging conversation once in a while. I mean, you need a break every now and then from the ####### and gun posts, surely?

We do our own thing here and we don't go to other regional forums and spam their threads and flame them to no end. As far as that poster goes, he wasn't being a douche, he was concerned seeing how the RUB countries pretty much wrote the book on internet scamming. He's not the first new poster in this forum to get that kind of treatment from non RUB posters.

We have political threads in here, holiday threads, a lot of visa help threads seeing how each country has it's own unique situation(s), and we have plenty of RUB women posting on here as well as American women married and/or engaged to RUB men posting on here.

Again we do our own thing on here, we don't infringe on others and we help any and all who come in here asking valid questions. It's as simple as that. Best of all we don't pass moral judgment on others. Everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet.

You're right - I'm sorry - also - I've missed the MIL story - were there pictures?

The UK crowd had them deleted today. You missed a good one.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.