Michael Ruffin

Longest waiting for NOA2?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All VJ members!

I am just passing the time to everyday waiting for my petition to get approved! Well,I am 115 day and still waiting to hear back something. I got my NOA1 on 9/27/11. My timeline suggests my case should be approved between 1/21 to 3/2/12. As we all know this based on history and people taking the time to update their timeline on the VJ sites. So far, about 3 people with similar dates to mine within 4 days got approved. My question is what is the longest time somebody waited to get there NOA2? Did the anybody recieve and RFE during the waiting for approval? I am sad now because my timeline for VSC dropped down 3 spots for 181 to 184! :( Oh well!

VJ members don't forget to update changes in your visa timeline.

Thanks!

We are 5months tomorrow with no NOA2 and no RFE. So i know exactly how you feel. Everyone here on VJ does. Stay strong!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

171 days and I still waiting :crying:

USCIS

CR-1 Y CR-2 (173 DAYS)

JUL-27-11..........SENT THE I-130 FOR WIFE & DAUGHTER (5 YEARS OLD).

JUL-29-11...........RECEIVED IN CHICAGO & PRIORITY DATE 29/JULY IN BOTH CASES

AUG-02-11..........TEXT & EMAIL CONFIRMATION

AUG-04-11..........TOUCH

AUG-10-11..........GET THE FAMOUS NOA1 in the mail!!!!!

JAN-12-12..........WE ASK FOR EXPEDITE REQUEST

JAN-18-12..........NOA2 IN BOTH CASES!!!!!! :D

-------------------------------------

NVC

FEB-01-12..........CASE NUMBER & INVOICE I.D. (BOTH CASES)

FEB-02-12..........CHOICE OF AGENT

MAY-08-12..........AOS PAID

MAY-08-12..........IV PAID

MAY-10-12..........DS-260 & ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS

MAY-10-12..........AOS PACKAGE

MAY-15-12..........I MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE BANK ACCOUNT # WHEN I MADE THE PAID FOR IV & AOS!!!!!

MAY-19-12..........3ER TIME I SEND THE PAID FOR IV & AOS.

MAY-22-12..........APPEARS PAID!! :D

MAY-23-12..........WE RECEIVE AN EMAIL ASKING THE IV & AOS FEE!!!AND WE ALREADY PAID!!

MAY-23-12..........OUR CASES PASSED TO A SUPERVISOR OF NVC!!:D

MAY-23-12..........CASE COMPLETE

-------------------------------------

CONSULATE IN CD.JUAREZ

JUL-02-12..........MEDICAL EXAMS/VACCINES

JUL-03-12..........CAS CD JUAREZ

JUL-06-12..........INTERVIEW

[/color]JUL-10-12..........EL PASO,TX.

JUL-17-12........#SS DAUGHTER

JUL-25-12..........GREEN CARDS OF HAND!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had the same thing happen with the numbers going back up on our timeline from 100 to 101 then 102 in just a few hours . We got our NOA2 in 119 day from the Vermont office so dont worry ,here is how it came down ,I got up one morning looked at the timeline seen we went to 102 from 101 on the list so I walked away from the lappy went to the mailbox and there it was, the letter saying we was approved on the 5th of January and our file date on the NOA1 was Sept 8 2011 . So take a deep breath and Im sure it will come to you. I have been fortunate enough to have things that keeps me busy and keeps my mind occupied enough so Im not always looking at the timeline and now we will be so busy collecting info for the rest of our Journey .

Yours Truly Gene

I am just passing the time to everyday waiting for my petition to get approved! Well,I am 115 day and still waiting to hear back something. I got my NOA1 on 9/27/11. My timeline suggests my case should be approved between 1/21 to 3/2/12. As we all know this based on history and people taking the time to update their timeline on the VJ sites. So far, about 3 people with similar dates to mine within 4 days got approved. My question is what is the longest time somebody waited to get there NOA2? Did the anybody recieve and RFE during the waiting for approval? I am sad now because my timeline for VSC dropped down 3 spots for 181 to 184! :( Oh well!

VJ members don't forget to update changes in your visa timeline.

Thanks!

Five months one week five days and still no NOA2...CSC claims to still be working on June 16th

Happily Married ** January 8, 2011 **

** CR-1 JOURNEY **

Sent I-130 ** July 27, 2011**

Chicago Lock box Received ** July 31, 2011**

Priority Date ** August 1, 2011**

NOA1 Received ** August 2, 2011**

NOA2 ** February 21, 2012 **

NO RFES!!! THANKS GOD!

NOA2 Hard Copy ** February 26, 2012 **

AOS fee Paid ** March 5, 2012 **

Paid IV Bill ** April 4, 2012 **

Case Complete ** May 2, 2012 **

Interview date received ** May 10, 2012 **

Interview date ** June 15, 2012 **

Interview Results ** APPROVED!!!! **

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I'm telling you, if my relationship dies, as mentioned of someone else in a prior post in this thread, because of VSC's incapacity to process my application, there'll be a lawsuit.

A lawsuit? If the relationship fails, it wasn't meant to be.

Everyone knows when they go into this, it's a crapshoot in terms as to how long it'll take. It's one of the hardest tests our relationships face. Regardless of if it takes 5 months or 2 years...if a relationship fails...it is not *solely* the USCIS's fault.

... ... ...

In terms of why the two centers have such different processing times...there are so many factors: from how fast different individuals work, to the number of various visas (remember they don't just work on K-1s), to the number of RFEs they have to deal with. Basically, the more RFEs an agent has to work with the further their workload gets backed up. Person A gets through their pile because they have 1 application where they dealt with an RFE. Person B gets through their pile twice as long because they had, say 5 RFEs.

The part that is most frustrating is when there is the odd case where a couple waits 8 or 9 months with NO RFEs and no one can or will give them a straight answer. :(

I hope everyone waiting 6months+ finds their answers soon!!!!!

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Timeline

Five months one week five days and still no NOA2...CSC claims to still be working on June 16th

Oof. I remember looking at the CR-1 forum a few months back. CSC was going realllllly slow with them, slower than with K-1s. Have they sped up on those at all? I hope you get yours soon. I would imagine that being separated as an already married couple is far more difficult. :(

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

jest.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm telling you, if my relationship dies, as mentioned of someone else in a prior post in this thread, because of VSC's incapacity to process my application, there'll be a lawsuit.

I received my NOA1 on 9/27, and VJ's timeline suggests I'll hear something in the next two - two and a half weeks. I'm at like 113 days or something. I've heard a lot from people who've recieved their NOA1s in September that they're approved. So, I hope it comes soon.

I haven't received anything from VSC, except an aknowledgement of change of address. I'm assuming that there aren't any RFEs (knock on wood), but I think I should call to make sure they actually haven't misplaced my application (as some other people have experienced).

good luck with that then!!!

and again... good luck with that!!!

your only at 113 days and VSC state 5 month so calling them is pointless

Edited by Dan & Jenni

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Longest waiting for NOA2? 427 days, including a lawsuit and 2 local interviews at a USCIS office, prior.

Interesting. What was the issue? I really hope ours doesn't go that long.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Timeline

Interesting. What was the issue? I really hope ours doesn't go that long.

Terri

Terri,

I was just looking at your timeline in your signature. Have you tried your Congressional person again? When is your 90s day up? :/ I hope you hear from someone soon.

Met Online - 01/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

jest.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we just got our NOA2,Almost 7 months, I am however waiting till I get the hard copy to update our timeline, congressional office called me friday Jan 13 and told me it was approved thursday the 12th. we had no RFE,It is such a rough wait, no updates, no communication ( regardless of what you do ) but then just when it was getting near unbearable, my congressmens offcie calls me with the news. Cant even begin to express how happy I was. now more work to do but I think as others have said the hardest part is over. The moral of the story is just got to wait it out, some are quick others longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my NOA1 on 9/27, and VJ's timeline suggests I'll hear something in the next two - two and a half weeks. I'm at like 113 days or something. I've heard a lot from people who've recieved their NOA1s in September that they're approved. So, I hope it comes soon.

I haven't received anything from VSC, except an aknowledgement of change of address. I'm assuming that there aren't any RFEs (knock on wood), but I think I should call to make sure they actually haven't misplaced my application (as some other people have experienced).

:) I'm a June filer and just got our NOA2 this week. Yours will come soon :) we all know it's annoying and frustrating!! But just be patient :) The timeline suggested by VJ is just a reference based on filers who received and also updated their timeline I assume; it's not an official number :) The timeline could show "unable to count the date as there's no enough date" :)

Oof. I remember looking at the CR-1 forum a few months back. CSC was going realllllly slow with them, slower than with K-1s. Have they sped up on those at all? I hope you get yours soon. I would imagine that being separated as an already married couple is far more difficult. :(

It is! thanks for the support. Especially since I was living with him over there and now we've been separated for so long. Hopefully they pick up on their pace for the sake of all of us :)

Happily Married ** January 8, 2011 **

** CR-1 JOURNEY **

Sent I-130 ** July 27, 2011**

Chicago Lock box Received ** July 31, 2011**

Priority Date ** August 1, 2011**

NOA1 Received ** August 2, 2011**

NOA2 ** February 21, 2012 **

NO RFES!!! THANKS GOD!

NOA2 Hard Copy ** February 26, 2012 **

AOS fee Paid ** March 5, 2012 **

Paid IV Bill ** April 4, 2012 **

Case Complete ** May 2, 2012 **

Interview date received ** May 10, 2012 **

Interview date ** June 15, 2012 **

Interview Results ** APPROVED!!!! **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.