ronn

Questions about the process AFTER NOA2 [New Delhi, IN]

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

After doing a looot of research and reading a lot of interview reviews and stories, I decided to get it straight. I am trying to get information specific to New Delhi, INdia embassy so I could really use some feedback who has had any experience with that location. General feedback is absolutely appreciated. All of you here are very awesome and I love this community.

The story so far; From what I've heard and read, after the NVC sends the case over to the applicant's embassy, the beneficiary receives 2 packets in succession. Packet 3 and Packet 4. I've heard stories, that the Packet 4 is not received until after the contents requested in Packet 3 are sent back by the applicant(can someone confirm?).

The New Delhi embassy website (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivpacket309k1.html) says and I quote "Obtain the following documents on this checklist, which pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item and return this form to the Immigrant Visa Section at the American Embassy, New Delhi. Do not send the documents to this office. You are required to submit the documents at the time of your interview.". Upon reading further, I see that "Complete and return immediately to the Immigrant visa section at the American Embassy the enclosed Form (Applicant Statement) and form DS-230 Part 1." So does this mean, that my finance only needs to return DS-230 Part 1 as Packet 3?

Next, and I apologize if this post seems long. It appears that a few days after the Packet 3 is sent back (with the DS-230), the applicant receives a Packet 4 (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivk1packet4.html) which contains DS-156, DS-156k, I-134 and DS-230 and a VISA APPOINTMENT date. Is this correct? and it seems like all the relationship documents, including the birth certificate and police clearance is to be submitted with packet 4. It also says "If you were unable to submit your documents at a VFS office, please bring them to the Embassy on the day of interview; however, you must pay the courier charges at a VFS office prior to your scheduled interview date. We strongly encourage you to submit your documents at a VFS office at least seven (7) days prior to your scheduled interview.". So, if I understand this correctly, all the documents, including the DS-156(k) along with proof of relationship, I-134 etc. need to be submitted 7 days prior to the interview along with a copy of the same during the interview (in case they ask for it).

Does all this seem correct to anyone?

Again, the reason for this post is that I have seen different instruction (perhaps because of different embassies) and I just want to get the process down right (specific to - if possible - the New Delhi, India embassy).

Any help, as always is greatly appreciated!

Edited by ronn

Date engaged: Sep 05, 2011

Date filed for I-129F: Oct 04, 2011

NOA1 (Text/E-mail): Oct 11, 2011

Notice Date on NOA1: Oct 07, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------

NO RFE -

NOA2 (Online status): Mar 06, 2012 (147 days from NOA1)

NOA2 (Letter): Mar 09, 2012

NVC Received: 03/22/2012

Letter from NVC: 03/26/2012

Consulate Received: 03/28/2012

Packet 3 Received: 03/31/2012

Packet 3 Returned: 04/02/2012

(More as it happens)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No one can answer any of my questions here?

Date engaged: Sep 05, 2011

Date filed for I-129F: Oct 04, 2011

NOA1 (Text/E-mail): Oct 11, 2011

Notice Date on NOA1: Oct 07, 2011

NO RFE -

NOA2 (Online status): Mar 06, 2012 (147 days from NOA1)

NOA2 (Letter): Mar 09, 2012

NVC Received: 03/22/2012

Letter from NVC: 03/26/2012

Consulate Received: 03/28/2012

Packet 3 Received: 03/31/2012

Packet 3 Returned: 04/02/2012

(More as it happens)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I guess I am in line with you and had the exact same question on when can we move on both packet 3 and packet 4 so that we use our time effectively. I am going to mail/post to some recent New Delhi approvals on K1 to get an answer.

N-400 Journey

April 23 2016 - N-400 Window Opens

May 12 2016 - Filed N-400 (new version of form)

May 16 2016 - Received by Phoenix Lock Box

May 18 2016 - Received SMS and Email confirmation

June 10 2016 - Biometrics

Feb 15 2017 - Service Request, response "additional delays"

Feb 15 2017 - Escalation to US Senator ####### Durbin

Mar 01 2017 - Response from Durbins' office - "delayed due to security checks"

April 06 2017 - Emails / SMS received - Interview scheduled

May 15 2017 - Interview - approved in 20 minutes

May 31 2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

After a week of receiving case no from NVC (which you will get in a letter), your fiance should write an email to US embassy New delhi asking your packet 3 because it will never get delivered on time at your fiance's home in India through normal post( as most of applicant experience this situation)

Packet 3: Embassy will reply to your fiance an email with two forms attached in it ( DS 230 pt.1st and Applicant's statement) download those from US embassy website, fill, sign, scan and email back to Embassy. Thats your packet 3.

Packet 4: Stay in contact with embassy by email asking about your interview date, soon after you will get your appointment day and will be asked to deposit all forms, PCCs and relationship proofs which are mentioned in packet 4 at VFS before a week of your interview.

Good Luck.

Hi guys,

After doing a looot of research and reading a lot of interview reviews and stories, I decided to get it straight. I am trying to get information specific to New Delhi, INdia embassy so I could really use some feedback who has had any experience with that location. General feedback is absolutely appreciated. All of you here are very awesome and I love this community.

The story so far; From what I've heard and read, after the NVC sends the case over to the applicant's embassy, the beneficiary receives 2 packets in succession. Packet 3 and Packet 4. I've heard stories, that the Packet 4 is not received until after the contents requested in Packet 3 are sent back by the applicant(can someone confirm?).

The New Delhi embassy website (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivpacket309k1.html) says and I quote "Obtain the following documents on this checklist, which pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item and return this form to the Immigrant Visa Section at the American Embassy, New Delhi. Do not send the documents to this office. You are required to submit the documents at the time of your interview.". Upon reading further, I see that "Complete and return immediately to the Immigrant visa section at the American Embassy the enclosed Form (Applicant Statement) and form DS-230 Part 1." So does this mean, that my finance only needs to return DS-230 Part 1 as Packet 3?

Next, and I apologize if this post seems long. It appears that a few days after the Packet 3 is sent back (with the DS-230), the applicant receives a Packet 4 (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/ivk1packet4.html) which contains DS-156, DS-156k, I-134 and DS-230 and a VISA APPOINTMENT date. Is this correct? and it seems like all the relationship documents, including the birth certificate and police clearance is to be submitted with packet 4. It also says "If you were unable to submit your documents at a VFS office, please bring them to the Embassy on the day of interview; however, you must pay the courier charges at a VFS office prior to your scheduled interview date. We strongly encourage you to submit your documents at a VFS office at least seven (7) days prior to your scheduled interview.". So, if I understand this correctly, all the documents, including the DS-156(k) along with proof of relationship, I-134 etc. need to be submitted 7 days prior to the interview along with a copy of the same during the interview (in case they ask for it).

Does all this seem correct to anyone?

Again, the reason for this post is that I have seen different instruction (perhaps because of different embassies) and I just want to get the process down right (specific to - if possible - the New Delhi, India embassy).

Any help, as always is greatly appreciated!

Edited by R.&S.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ronn,

As it looks like your application has moved along since you first posted, can you provide an update on some of your own questions? Is it the case that your fiancé only needed to send DS-230 part 1 in response to Packet 3?

I've just received the NOA2, and I guess now I've just got to wait until I receive notice from the NVC. Once I receive it, do you recommend my fiancé email the US embassy in New Delhi, as suggested by R.&S.? Have you emailed the embassy about your Packet 4?

Best of luck! And congratulations on getting so far along in the process! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.