Brian121957

K1 & K2 - AOS - without second visit to Civil Surgeon

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife has the medical form from the initial exam in her country. It has been less than 1 year. It does indicate that her vaccinations are NOT complete.

Can she just get the shots from our family doctor?

Has any body every done an AOS without seeing a Civil Surgeon after arriving in the US and getting married?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need to see a CS in the US, DR will review shot record, check for TB, read the X-Ray, ours did a blood test. do the paperwork, his cost for the USCIS paperwork is not covered by your insurance if she is on yours. You will get a sealed packet to submit with your AOS. My goal in finding a CS was someone comepetant to do it right, subsequently found a good DR, he might not have been the cheapest. See the CS locater; https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

She can get the shots from her family doctor, but you need to have the Civil Surgeon sign I-693 that s/he saw proof that the shots were completed. You must get the form filled out by a Civil Surgeon.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

She can get the shots from her family doctor, but you need to have the Civil Surgeon sign I-693 that s/he saw proof that the shots were completed. You must get the form filled out by a Civil Surgeon.

This is basically what I thought and we plan to do. As I understand if she had all her shots already and the doctor in Manila had signed off on her form she would be good. Any body can do the shots she still needs as long as the documentation they provide will convince the CS to sing off.

Timeline

his cost for the USCIS paperwork is not covered by your insurance if she is on yours.

I call my insurance and they confirmed that if the bill comes in coded for immigration it will be denied.

As long as the shots are regular shots that anybody would get they will be covered so we will get them from the family doctor and not mention immigration at all to him. Just ask him to get her up to date with standard preventative medication shots.

Does any body know exactly what shots are required? Maybe we can suggest a few shots to the family doctor in case he misses one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My wife has the medical form from the initial exam in her country. It has been less than 1 year. It does indicate that her vaccinations are NOT complete.

Can she just get the shots from our family doctor?

Has any body every done an AOS without seeing a Civil Surgeon after arriving in the US and getting married?

If her shots were completed (the form won't necessarily SAY complete) then she doesn't need to see a CS and can just send a copy of the DS-3025.

What shots does she have?

Timeline

If her shots were completed (the form won't necessarily SAY complete) then she doesn't need to see a CS and can just send a copy of the DS-3025.

What shots does she have?

I have to check later on her shots.

The daughter (K2) did need additional shots to enroll in school here. So I am fairly sure she did not have the required immigration shots already. So for the daughter we will bring the original records and the new ones from the clinic and hope the CS will just sign off hers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You will need to see a CS in the US, DR will review shot record, check for TB, read the X-Ray, ours did a blood test.

Do not need that as TB check and blood tests are part of a medical, and a new medical is not required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Do not need that as TB check and blood tests are part of a medical, and a new medical is not required.

We will have the family doctor do a basic physical or some times referred to as a new patient exam. I am sure he won't prescribe shots unless he does. This way his visit and the shots get covered by insurance.

Then all the CS should be doing is paper work and transcribe all the records on to the correct forms. If he asks to actually touch or examine then we have likely done something wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We will have the family doctor do a basic physical or some times referred to as a new patient exam. I am sure he won't prescribe shots unless he does. This way his visit and the shots get covered by insurance.

Then all the CS should be doing is paper work and transcribe all the records on to the correct forms. If he asks to actually touch or examine then we have likely done something wrong.

Yes, you can get her shots at your family doctor where they will be covered by your insurance. Then take those records along with her DS-3025 to have the CS transcribe them to the I-693. If the CS says you need a new medical, call another CS. Sometimes you have to call around until you find a CS that will not try and give a new medical or charge for one anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.