AroojandAmin

vaccination supplement for Adjustment of status after K1

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Awww...:/ sorry but what seems to be the issue with ur case? do u need help knowing which forms n how to compile 'em or what? Ur gonna have to give us details so we can try to help you

Oh well everything is so stressful and there is a lot of confusion with all the forms and I feel like I don't have time for anything. For example the affidavit of financial support but, I actually meant the whole vaccine thing. I needed info on the vaccine supplements and where I could get them done and stuff. Thanks! and good luck to you!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of confusion in this thread

1. The USCIS person that told you form I-693 Parts 1,2,5 is incorrect. As of 5 days ago, the newly designed form I-693 is the only one accepted. It's now send page 1 and page 5 of the new form.
  2. To skip the civil surgeon, the important thing is that every shot needed for AOS (at least one in the series) was recorded on the DS-3025 and the form was filled out properly at your medical exam. If you didn't get the shots then you must see a civil surgeon for page 1 and 5 of the I-693.
  3. If you got all the required shots for AOS, then USCIS will have the original complete DS-3025, along with the rest of your medical exam, in your file. That's all that's needed. You do NOT have to have you own photocopy because it's the original the USCIS uses. That original went to the embassy, then in your brown envelope, then to USCIS without you touching it...in a chain of custody it's called. You could have altered your photocopy so it doesn't count. It's only a reminder to have them find your complete vaccination record in the file.
  4. Civil surgeons can make up their own rules and prices for services. They are in private practice and if they don't want to bother with just the immunization form then find another one. Most people adjusting status were already in the US on another visa. They didn't get an exam overseas so do everything with a CS. Many of the civil surgeons are so used to doing full immigrant exams that they haven't even studied the special rules for a K1.
  5. If your DS-3025 record is complete, then USCIS goes by the date of that visa exam. It is possible that you got one MMR of the series and the second shot was not medically appropriate for 4 more weeks. Since you couldn't receive the second shot on that date, you can be given a waiver because on that date you were as complete as medically possible. Same for a flu shot. If it wasn't flu season on the DS-3025 date you are given a waiver.
    If you went to a civil surgeon in the US today, then 4 weeks has probably passed so now it is medically appropriate to get a second MMR. It's also flu season. Your old exam date and DS-3025 are no longer used because you've created a new date at the CS office. USCIS goes with the latest date--the one on the I-693--and you would have to go by what is appropriate for you today.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh dear what a bummerrrr!!!! i'm sorry to hear that Erik....did ur fiancee get her medical done from Hameed Latif Hospital in lahore?? cuz those morons dont know how to do their job right.... only IF they would've given us that one piece of paper with the vaccination record we wouldn't have to go thru all this trouble.......my birth record of vaccinations which my parents thought was long lost was luckily found in my grandpas briefcase and since it was in urdu i took it to a doctor n he transferred the records n the vaccinations i had gotten later on a new card so i'm hopin' i can use that...i did ask my dad to send me a scanned copy of it...i'll take that along too just in case....n omg beware of these doctors trying to rip u off by saying u need a full medical if they say that don't listen n read them the info thats on the USCIS website link posted by Zee148 cuz u can get that done for a fraction of a cost as compared to what they tell u....but good luck with AOS you two.

No she went to Wilshire Medical Center in Johar Town. I agree if only we knew that she needed that form then I would`ve had her request it but I guess in my case it wont make a difference since she hasn`t had any of her vaccination done in Lahore. Its been a while since she last had a vaccine the other day she told me that she remembers not getting the hepatitus since she was scared of needles lol. Even if she did get all her vaccines I`m not sure if it`ll be valid here since its been more than 10 years.

Lot's of confusion in this thread

1. The USCIS person that told you form I-693 Parts 1,2,5 is incorrect. As of 5 days ago, the newly designed form I-693 is the only one accepted. It's now send page 1 and page 5 of the new form.
  2. To skip the civil surgeon, the important thing is that every shot needed for AOS (at least one in the series) was recorded on the DS-3025 and the form was filled out properly at your medical exam. If you didn't get the shots then you must see a civil surgeon for page 1 and 5 of the I-693.
  3. If you got all the required shots for AOS, then USCIS will have the original complete DS-3025, along with the rest of your medical exam, in your file. That's all that's needed. You do NOT have to have you own photocopy because it's the original the USCIS uses. That original went to the embassy, then in your brown envelope, then to USCIS without you touching it...in a chain of custody it's called. You could have altered your photocopy so it doesn't count. It's only a reminder to have them find your complete vaccination record in the file.
  4. Civil surgeons can make up their own rules and prices for services. They are in private practice and if they don't want to bother with just the immunization form then find another one. Most people adjusting status were already in the US on another visa. They didn't get an exam overseas so do everything with a CS. Many of the civil surgeons are so used to doing full immigrant exams that they haven't even studied the special rules for a K1.
  5. If your DS-3025 record is complete, then USCIS goes by the date of that visa exam. It is possible that you got one MMR of the series and the second shot was not medically appropriate for 4 more weeks. Since you couldn't receive the second shot on that date, you can be given a waiver because on that date you were as complete as medically possible. Same for a flu shot. If it wasn't flu season on the DS-3025 date you are given a waiver.
    If you went to a civil surgeon in the US today, then 4 weeks has probably passed so now it is medically appropriate to get a second MMR. It's also flu season. Your old exam date and DS-3025 are no longer used because you've created a new date at the CS office. USCIS goes with the latest date--the one on the I-693--and you would have to go by what is appropriate for you today.

Thanks for the info guess we`ll have to start with the entire medical process all over again if the Civil Surgeons here insist on doing the full medical :-/

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh well everything is so stressful and there is a lot of confusion with all the forms and I feel like I don't have time for anything. For example the affidavit of financial support but, I actually meant the whole vaccine thing. I needed info on the vaccine supplements and where I could get them done and stuff. Thanks! and good luck to you!

aww i know i was in the same situation where i kinda kept avoiding it cuz its so boring n tiresome to work on all that paperwork but just keep ur deadline in mind n start working on it there are really great threads that explain all you need to do n better yet try to call USCIS sometimes they have very very helpful Reps. if u get lucky, who go over everything n help u make a checklist of all the docs n forms u'll need cuz thats what i did....n as far as the vaccines n medical is concerned you can check for a list of Civil surgeons in ur area by goin to www.uscis.gov n the link is in the left corner.... hope this helps if any thing else feel free to ask..All the best!

Love Conquers All...

Timeline

No she went to Wilshire Medical Center in Johar Town. I agree if only we knew that she needed that form then I would`ve had her request it but I guess in my case it wont make a difference since she hasn`t had any of her vaccination done in Lahore. Its been a while since she last had a vaccine the other day she told me that she remembers not getting the hepatitus since she was scared of needles lol. Even if she did get all her vaccines I`m not sure if it`ll be valid here since its been more than 10 years.

Thanks for the info guess we`ll have to start with the entire medical process all over again if the Civil Surgeons here insist on doing the full medical :-/

yeah that place is close to where i lived ...she should've gotten that document n yeah ur right no matter what she might have to get the vaccines but try to ask her if someone back home can get a vaccination card made for her from a doctor which shows the vaccines she got done n mail it to her... that cud work in svaing her from getting them ALL done all over again... but keep us posted n good luck with everything....

Love Conquers All...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since Juarez does not give vaccinations or the DS-3025 to K-1 applicants, you will need to bring any shot records you have to a civil surgeon to have them transcribed onto the I-693. The civil surgeon can tell you what shots you are missing. They will seal the I-693 in an envelope for you to send in with your AOS documents.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

ok heres the final update on what i did.... so 2 days ago me n my husband went down to Milwaukee for our scheduled medical appointment...so after signing in, i asked the receptionist that i only need the vaccination part and wont be taking the full medical as i'm not required to take it if i got it done within the past year....she started arguing that she even told me on the phone that they dont fill out vacination supplements....so then i asked her if i can speak to the doctor myself...she got the doctor to come out n talk to me...n as expected he did not budge either even after i showed him the I-693's instructions under section 3...which specifically stated what i was asking him to do...he just said that he can not help me n that i should not waste his time...(how rude!) anyways so i was like ok uhm can u atleast tell me of another place who would be able to help...so then he was like okay there's another clinic ...u can try them....luckily, it was only 5 blocks down so we walked there n just hoped that they take walk-ins.... n THANK God ....after explaining to the receptionist... she said she can definately fill out the vaccination supplement....so i gave her my vaccination record n after examining it she said that i would need two more vaccines ...one for tetanus which is td as it had been more than 10 years since i got it and the other one for flu.... while she filled out the paperwork i got my vaccines...n then she made a bill of $125 which included the shots and we didn't have to come back.....so not only we saved a 100 bucks but also another tiring trip....i hope this helps...n yeah if ur k1 n u had ur medical done within the past year do not listen to any doctor who tells u that u need the full medical... good luck everybody!

Love Conquers All...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

ok heres the final update on what i did.... so 2 days ago me n my husband went down to Milwaukee for our scheduled medical appointment...so after signing in, i asked the receptionist that i only need the vaccination part and wont be taking the full medical as i'm not required to take it if i got it done within the past year....she started arguing that she even told me on the phone that they dont fill out vacination supplements....so then i asked her if i can speak to the doctor myself...she got the doctor to come out n talk to me...n as expected he did not budge either even after i showed him the I-693's instructions under section 3...which specifically stated what i was asking him to do...he just said that he can not help me n that i should not waste his time...(how rude!) anyways so i was like ok uhm can u atleast tell me of another place who would be able to help...so then he was like okay there's another clinic ...u can try them....luckily, it was only 5 blocks down so we walked there n just hoped that they take walk-ins.... n THANK God ....after explaining to the receptionist... she said she can definately fill out the vaccination supplement....so i gave her my vaccination record n after examining it she said that i would need two more vaccines ...one for tetanus which is td as it had been more than 10 years since i got it and the other one for flu.... while she filled out the paperwork i got my vaccines...n then she made a bill of $125 which included the shots and we didn't have to come back.....so not only we saved a 100 bucks but also another tiring trip....i hope this helps...n yeah if ur k1 n u had ur medical done within the past year do not listen to any doctor who tells u that u need the full medical... good luck everybody!

Are you sure it was a USCIS recognised CS?

ya u gotta make sure if that civil surgeon is on uscis list..

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Timeline

ofcourse it was a USCIS recognized CS... they are listed on the USCIS site as

•Dr. Ivars J Gailans, Concentra Occupational Medical Centers - Downtown

215 North 35th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53208

(414) 931-7600

So yeah :)

Love Conquers All...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.