photomile

I-129F December Filers?

660 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yuck! I'm so sorry :( Do you know what the RFE was for?

Hopefully your attorney is earning some of the money you pay her/him and can courier whatever documents you need back to USCIS quickly!

Not sure yet exactly what it's for, haven't received the official form in the mail. The email notification I got simply said this:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On May 17, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

No idea yet, sent in tons of pictures and scans of plane tickets, letters from our employer where we worked together, letters from fellow employees... we'll see.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

well, just got the email....RFE.

I swear I have the most useless Attorney ever.

oh sorry to hear that

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just received the text and the email saying our petition has been approved!!!! I'd started to give up hope we were ever going to see that NOA2. We were sure ours had fallen behind someone's desk or something.

I'm really sorry about the RFE Mimi & Chris. This process is ridiculously emotional without adding in that stress.

I have to say that everyone's timelines and posts when they received NOA2s has really helped. Because of that, I am going to update our timeline this second!

Phew! Onto the next step!

Edited by JezJess

Timeline:

Met online - 2005

Started dating - 2008

10 trips, 400+ days together - 2008-2012

NOA1, CVC - 14 December 2011

NOA2, CVC - 17 May 2012 (155 days)

File arrived at the NVC on 6/25/2012 - that's 5.5 weeks or so from the NOA2

NVC said that they sent it onward to Sydney on 7/2/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Poking my nose in here.. Congratulations JezJess. :thumbs:

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

I just received the text and the email saying our petition has been approved!!!! I'd started to give up hope we were ever going to see that NOA2. We were sure ours had fallen behind someone's desk or something.

I'm really sorry about the RFE Mimi & Chris. This process is ridiculously emotional without adding in that stress.

I have to say that everyone's timelines and posts when they received NOA2s has really helped. Because of that, I am going to update our timeline this second!

Phew! Onto the next step!

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So excited to say that we received NOA2 at 12:30 last night!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone else!!!!!!! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!

Not sure yet exactly what it's for, haven't received the official form in the mail. The email notification I got simply said this:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Sorry,hopefully it'll be something easily done and you will only lose a few days!!!!

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On May 17, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

No idea yet, sent in tons of pictures and scans of plane tickets, letters from our employer where we worked together, letters from fellow employees... we'll see.

Sorry... Hopefully it'll be something easily taken care of!!!

Edited by Jamie and Sveta

Timeline

Was really hoping to hear something this week, not looking good now. I'll be writing my Congressman tomorrow, probably won't help but you never know! I'm just impatient. 7 months apart is starting to really kill me.

Timeline

Was really hoping to hear something this week, not looking good now. I'll be writing my Congressman tomorrow, probably won't help but you never know! I'm just impatient. 7 months apart is starting to really kill me.

No doubt... I bowed out and told Sveta to get ready that I was coming to Russia to spend 2 weeks with her that I could not go longer without seeing her!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys I was just wondering if some of you tried this FOIA Request Status Check or (freedom of information and privacy act)in USCIS website..

I'm curious what is it about..

I have tried the check status box many times when I want to see if we were approved or what.. but as I read and read I saw this FOIA thing

and wanna ask you guys if you have tried this to use or what is it for?

anyone know?

thanks!

@topic: we're still waiting for our noa2, we've been waiting for 4mos.. anxiety kills me..

Edited by lufthgiled

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

I've submitted FOIA requests in general before, but only for things involving my job (government data about a specific industry, trends, etc.), not a specific file, so I'm not sure.

Since you can submit a FOIA request to USCIS, I believe you would just be submitting the request for your file, nothing else. It's not going to speed up the approval process or let you know any sooner if you're approved. It might be useful in the event of a denial or something if you can try to find more information on why something was denied?

This site might provide more info: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by orangedesk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Uhg, I got a text from a weird number and got all excited. But it was just some stupid advertisement spam! >_<

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

over 5 months. Don't like this at all

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.