Kajikit

Do they send out a letter for biometrics?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm confused. I got my NOA right after Christmas but it doesn't say anything about biometrics. What do I have to do? Just sit tight and wait for a letter to arrive, or do I have to do something to arrange it for myself? Or do I just go to the biometrics place with my NOA and say 'I need them done'?

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm confused. I got my NOA right after Christmas but it doesn't say anything about biometrics. What do I have to do? Just sit tight and wait for a letter to arrive, or do I have to do something to arrange it for myself? Or do I just go to the biometrics place with my NOA and say 'I need them done'?

exactly, you will have a second letter, the first letter is a receipt notice, the second one is for the biometrics. for now, just wait and it will come soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Our NOA's were more like a receipt for the fees and only requested verification if there was any errors in your name, address, or date of birth, and the receipt number. Nothing else. Took about a month to receive the biometrics appointments.

Biometrics just told you where and when to show up, don't bring anyone with you, no cameras, cell phones, or recording devices, if you don't show up, your case will be abandoned. Just bring this appointment letter, and photo identification, your green card. Nothing else. Never told us they are taking certificate photos now, so fix your hair or whatever.

Reminded me of serving my country, wouldn't tell us anything about nothing, just do it, and if you don't, all kinds of threats. Then you go home and wait for your interview appointment letter, then go home again and wait for your oath letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My question was answered today - I got my biometrics appointment letter in the mail. Jan 17 at 11am. They're moving a lot faster than I expected! I hope this means that the whole thing will go faster and I won't have to wait 6 months for my interview...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My question was answered today - I got my biometrics appointment letter in the mail. Jan 17 at 11am. They're moving a lot faster than I expected! I hope this means that the whole thing will go faster and I won't have to wait 6 months for my interview...

We filed in November, got our interview letter today and NO biometrics. I did just discover that if the N-400 is filed within 15 months of ROC then biometrics are not needed. Ours was.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

That was really great!! Now that you have your appointment letter, you can even walk- in for an early biometrics, if you want to. Just take the letter with you, go to the USCIS office that has been scheduled for you and tel them that you have come for biometrics. If there is no big rush on that particular day, you may be lucky to get it done the same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.