Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just called NVC for any update of my case and the operator seemed very personable....Apart from that , i also got the good news that the review of both my wife's and my daughter's AOS AND DS230 package has been completed and that they are trying to schedule their appointment at the US embassy in Lagos...

Congrats Ayomide :dance: :dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Just called NVC for any update of my case and the operator seemed very personable....Apart from that , i also got the good news that the review of both my wife's and my daughter's AOS AND DS230 package has been completed and that they are trying to schedule their appointment at the US embassy in Lagos...

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview date in Lagos, nigeria

Congrats on the recent progress of your case at NVC!

I have a few questions for you since our case is quite similar, my husband also filed for me (spouse) and our child.

My husband already paid the affidavit of support fee $88.00 last week for my petition. Then today, he received an AOS invoice for our child's petition. I understand that the petitioner only needs to pay ONCE (ONE TIME ONLY) for the AOS for separate petitions filed concurrently. We called NVC and they requested us to send an email to them. Did you also send an email to NVC to request to join the 2 petitions? Please help. Thanks!

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a few questions for you since our case is quite similar, my husband also filed for me (spouse) and our child.

My husband already paid the affidavit of support fee $88.00 last week for my petition. Then today, he received an AOS invoice for our child's petition. I understand that the petitioner only needs to pay ONCE (ONE TIME ONLY) for the AOS for separate petitions filed concurrently. We called NVC and they requested us to send an email to them. Did you also send an email to NVC to request to join the 2 petitions? Please help. Thanks!

In my case, i used my wife's email for both my wife and my daughter's petition and my email for the agent of choice...

Since you have your child's AOS invoice already.Enter your child NVC number and invoice number in the payment portal.It will not ask you to pay another AOS.You can then print your child's Cover sheet and include it with the AOS Package to be sent to NVC

Also, If your Husband is US Citizen , the affidavit of support that you will need to include with your child's AOS package is the I 864W and not the I864

In my case, i used my wife's email for both my wife and my daughter's petition and my email for the agent of choice...

Since you have your child's AOS invoice already.Enter your child NVC number and invoice number in the payment portal.It will not ask you to pay another AOS.You can then print your child's Cover sheet and include it with the AOS Package to be sent to NVC

Unfortunately, when we logged on to the payment portal using my son's NVC number and IIN it says that the AOS fee is not paid. And the button is clickable. When I clicked the payment button it will lead us to the payment details, etc for payment. I think I need to submit to them the choice of agent using my email and designating my husband as our agent of choice. Same thing we did to my choice of agent before.

Also, If your Husband is US Citizen , the affidavit of support that you will need to include with your child's AOS package is the I 864W and I864

Thanks to your inputs. We were preparing the I-864 form for my child. Good thing you corrected us before we completed the AOS stage at NVC. Thanks!

IR-1

----------

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Timeline

Thanks to your inputs. We were preparing the I-864 form for my child. Good thing you corrected us before we completed the AOS stage at NVC. Thanks!

You are welcome

Also, If your Husband is US Citizen , the affidavit of support that you will need to include with your child's AOS package is the I 864W and not the I864

Unfortunately, when we logged on to the payment portal using my son's NVC number and IIN it says that the AOS fee is not paid. And the button is clickable. When I clicked the payment button it will lead us to the payment details, etc for payment. I think I need to submit to them the choice of agent using my email and designating my husband as our agent of choice. Same thing we did to my choice of agent before.

IR-1

----------

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Timeline

Try that...May be thats why mine went through without any glitch.......If you still experiencing any difficulty.Jump on the phone and call NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys,

Grats for the first CC!!

Something weird happened here, I received a checklist yesterday, but it only says "The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case."

It was during the night for me, so as soon as we received it, my husband called in and was told it was the "false RFE", that this checklist was generated automatically after AOS package gets its final review. But yesterday, they also told me that my IV package was under review... does that make any sense?? They generate a checklist for the IV package even though they know they have received it??

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Hey guys,

Grats for the first CC!!

Something weird happened here, I received a checklist yesterday, but it only says "The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case."

It was during the night for me, so as soon as we received it, my husband called in and was told it was the "false RFE", that this checklist was generated automatically after AOS package gets its final review. But yesterday, they also told me that my IV package was under review... does that make any sense?? They generate a checklist for the IV package even though they know they have received it??

The checklist was most likely generated as soon as they got the AOS package, before they even opened your IV package. Don't worry about this. It has happened MANY times before. Just disregard the "RFE".

Timeline

The checklist was most likely generated as soon as they got the AOS package, before they even opened your IV package. Don't worry about this. It has happened MANY times before. Just disregard the "RFE".

OK, thanks for the input. I'll call tonight to see what they say, cause from what my husband told me this morning, it seemed they might actually have finished reviewing the IV package. But it was before 7AM for me so I'm not sure I understood him well :lol:

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

OK, thanks for the input. I'll call tonight to see what they say, cause from what my husband told me this morning, it seemed they might actually have finished reviewing the IV package. But it was before 7AM for me so I'm not sure I understood him well :lol:

rofl.gif Yes, definitely call again tonight. I wouldn't trust anything I heard that early in the morning. You might have been dreaming :P

Timeline

rofl.gif Yes, definitely call again tonight. I wouldn't trust anything I heard that early in the morning. You might have been dreaming :P

Unfortunately it's the only time in the day we can skype, with 9 hours difference life ain't easy!

So everyday he only sees me like that :dead:

Edited by Laure&Colin

CR1 Visa

ROC

Naturalization

Passport

I got a false RFE for the IV fee yesterday afternoon, despite having paid it on Friday and it already showing up as PAID on the payment portal Monday morning. Seems like even with the process computerized, the left hand still doesn't know what the right is doing!

Unfortunately it's the only time in the day we can skype, with 9 hours difference life ain't easy!

So everyday he only sees me like that :dead:

Oh yeah, I can only imagine how hard it is to communicate with a 9 hour difference! Thankfully, for me, it was only an hour difference, so not bad at all. I bet you're gonna have jet lag for a few days when you move to the US blink.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.