Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, you're right, you don't need a PCC for the time you lived in the US. I was in the same situation. The US can do their own background checks.

Foreign State Chargeability means place of birth/citizenship.

I obviously expected you to read my mind with my question because I knew what it meant but I was wondering what the implications are. ie will they expect me to have a British passport and use that for the visa or will they be OK with my Canadian passport?

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

Timeline

Another question guys.. I requested my tax transcripts from the IRS but still didn't get them yet. Since I've been using turbo tax online to file my taxes can I send the tax return pages they give me after filling to NVC? I just want to keep moving :dance:

We're still waiting for our transcripts. nearly 3 weeks since we requested them. So hope to have them soon - have to add on mail time at both ends.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Grr...AVR says something is missing or incomplete, and they sent me a letter about it yesterday. I'll call them on Monday to see what's up, but I guess it has to be something in the AOS package. Grumble. I was so meticulous about it all! :ranting:

Oh no!!! Hopefully it's only because they are waiting on your DS230 package and not something you may have missed in the AOS package.

I thought I'd checked and checked my paper work as well. But I made a mistake that needed correcting. I sent it back out today.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Grr...AVR says something is missing or incomplete, and they sent me a letter about it yesterday. I'll call them on Monday to see what's up, but I guess it has to be something in the AOS package. Grumble. I was so meticulous about it all! :ranting:

It could just be a false RFE for the DS-260 and IV package.

Hello,

I just got my NOA2 so I'm preparing everything for the NVC and have a few questions.

1. Is there another way to get my NVC case number besides calling in? I'm a Peace Corps Volunteer in a small village in Paraguay. I can't trek into the city to use the payphone everyday so I was just wondering if there is an alternative.

2. For the AOS, my pay stubs are in Paraguayan currency (but my W-2 is in American dollars). Do I need to convert the amount on the pay stubs into dollars?

3. Just confirming what I read on the DoS website, if the documents I am submitting along with the DS-230 are in Spanish, I don't need to translate them because the official language of Paraguay (the country where my husband will have his interview) is Spanish. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. If you don't want to call, then just wait for the email. Although, if they don't have your email on record, they'll snail mail it, which can take weeks to receive. I would suggest at least calling once a week.

2. Pay stubs aren't necessary. If you do want to send them though, yes, I'd suggest converting the amounts to American.

3. Technically, that's correct. But I have seen people get RFEs for not sending in translations even though their documents were in the official language of their country. I'd suggest getting everything translated if you can to avoid any possible RFEs.

I obviously expected you to read my mind with my question because I knew what it meant but I was wondering what the implications are. ie will they expect me to have a British passport and use that for the visa or will they be OK with my Canadian passport?

They'll expect the passport with which you have been giving them information. For example, on the DS-260 they'll want some passport information as well as a copy of the bio-data page in the IV package. As long as it's valid, they don't care if it's your British or Canadian one. Personally, I would suggest using your Canadian one. It'd probably cause less problems since you're in Canada.

We're still waiting for our transcripts. nearly 3 weeks since we requested them. So hope to have them soon - have to add on mail time at both ends.

Wow, 3 weeks is not normal. When my husband requested tax transcripts, both times it only took a week. Do you have access to a fax machine? The IRS can fax the transcripts to you and you'll get them within the day. If this isn't an option, then call IRS up and make sure they have your current address on record.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

3. Just confirming what I read on the DoS website, if the documents I am submitting along with the DS-230 are in Spanish, I don't need to translate them because the official language of Paraguay (the country where my husband will have his interview) is Spanish. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The embassy in Japan requires translations of all Japanese documents, so it's definitely something you want to check into and not assume the general rules apply to your situation.

Timeline

They'll expect the passport with which you have been giving them information. For example, on the DS-260 they'll want some passport information as well as a copy of the bio-data page in the IV package. As long as it's valid, they don't care if it's your British or Canadian one. Personally, I would suggest using your Canadian one. It'd probably cause less problems since you're in Canada.

That's what I was planning, just hoping Montreal didn't have other ideas.

Wow, 3 weeks is not normal. When my husband requested tax transcripts, both times it only took a week. Do you have access to a fax machine? The IRS can fax the transcripts to you and you'll get them within the day. If this isn't an option, then call IRS up and make sure they have your current address on record.

I was counting 1 week for Canada Post to get the request there, 1 week for IRS to process, 1 week for Canada Post to get it back to us. I'll get hubby to call next week.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS

Oh no!!! Hopefully it's only because they are waiting on your DS230 package and not something you may have missed in the AOS package.

It could just be a false RFE for the DS-260 and IV package.

I hope you two are right...that hadn't really occurred to me, but the message really put a damper on my day. A representative did say the other day that my AOS package had been "accepted." Whether that means that everything was in order or merely that they were able to open the files, I don't know.

I was counting 1 week for Canada Post to get the request there, 1 week for IRS to process, 1 week for Canada Post to get it back to us. I'll get hubby to call next week.

Just in case, I'd suggest bringing your British passport with you as well to the interview.

Oh, you mailed your request? Most people just call IRS or request online.

Timeline
Oh, you mailed your request? Most people just call IRS or request online.

I called the international IRS number and requested my tax transcripts over the telephone. They took about 4 weeks to arrive in Japan.

A request by mail to the US might have been faster!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

You can order the transcripts online or by phone, that's what we did (well, both, cause the 1st time after ordering them by phone they made a mistake and sent us the wrong documents...). In both cases they took about 3 weeks to come to France.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I hope you two are right...that hadn't really occurred to me, but the message really put a damper on my day. A representative did say the other day that my AOS package had been "accepted." Whether that means that everything was in order or merely that they were able to open the files, I don't know.

ya, these steps in the process seem confusing, aye?

when you call back, ask :

1. AOS put into the casefile, or no?

2. AOS reviewed , or no?

Ultimately, if it's 'accepted' - I take that to mean that :

1. AOS mailer was found and

2. AOS mailer was OPENED and

3. AOS mailer was reviewed and

4. AOS mailer was put into the casefile

in the end, there's a final review after case complete timetick.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I just got my NOA2 so I'm preparing everything for the NVC and have a few questions.

1. Is there another way to get my NVC case number besides calling in? I'm a Peace Corps Volunteer in a small village in Paraguay. I can't trek into the city to use the payphone everyday so I was just wondering if there is an alternative.

Suggest a different pattern, to 'find out'.

Casefile travelling from USCIS into NVC takes a bit o time, figure 4 to 7 weeks currently. Suggest that 'for now' you not need to try everyday. Can you trek in once a week? perhaps call on the weekend? There's a way to 'hear' yer new casefile # via the AVR.

Then, after you hear (from the AVR) about the new casefile # (and only then) - it's time to call in to the NVC office, get a human, exchange email addys, and kick start the process via telephone with a Human. If you not wish to kick start the process, then expect a longish wait for NVC Postal Processing.

The flip side of all this - is IF you included the G-1145 with the I-130 submittal - you MOST LIKELY will get an email from NVC within a week of NVC assigning a new casefile number.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

We received the police certificate from the UK. They processed it the same day they received it and sent it out the next so the total time from when I mailed the application to receiving it was 10 days.

Now I'm ready to send it immediately if I get a checklist asking for it. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

We received the police certificate from the UK. They processed it the same day they received it and sent it out the next so the total time from when I mailed the application to receiving it was 10 days.

Now I'm ready to send it immediately if I get a checklist asking for it. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Good!!

Well, no news from my Turkish PCC. And today a law will be voted in the upper chamber of parliament in France about Armenian genocide, which will cause Turkey to call their ambassador in France back and reduce the missions of the embassy. I think I'm gonna get sick...

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Timeline

Good!!

Well, no news from my Turkish PCC. And today a law will be voted in the upper chamber of parliament in France about Armenian genocide, which will cause Turkey to call their ambassador in France back and reduce the missions of the embassy. I think I'm gonna get sick...

Well hopefully your note works and they let you bring it to the interview rather than send it in.

I guess you should find out in the next few days, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.