Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2012

1,078 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I had the same thing happen everything saved except for the DS-230.. :unsure: Luck for me I made seversl copies of it though..

I got the check list this afternoon.. I'll go to the post office tomorrw to return what they ask for..

In the afternoon... where? Mine's been over for a while :)

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

I had the same thing happen everything saved except for the DS-230.. :unsure: Luck for me I made seversl copies of it though..

Hmm, definitely weird. I had no problems saving the DS-230 at the end of 2010. Maybe they changed it...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In the afternoon... where? Mine's been over for a while :)

I'm in Caifornia.. It's not even evening time here yet.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As we are still waiting for tax transcripts and my police certificate from the UK I had only been calling the automated line at NVC and listening to them say no trace, so Tuesday I spoke to an operator as it was about time that a number was allocated. Well amazingly I got a nice helpful man who gave me a case number and asked for email. (Why can't the email address as part of the original application be passed on?)

Wednesday hubby received 2 emails one for him re AOS fee and one for me re choice of agent. Today I sent email for electronic processing and paid fee and completed form DS-261.

So things are happening but still waiting for tax transcripts and police cert before we can deal with next stage.

Couple of questions. Am I right in thinking that I don't have to have police check for the time I lived in the US?

On the response I received to my electronic opt in email, it says "Foreign State Chargeability: GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND." Does this mean anything as I am a dual citizen and on form G325-A I put Canadian/UK?

Thanks for help

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

As we are still waiting for tax transcripts and my police certificate from the UK I had only been calling the automated line at NVC and listening to them say no trace, so Tuesday I spoke to an operator as it was about time that a number was allocated. Well amazingly I got a nice helpful man who gave me a case number and asked for email. (Why can't the email address as part of the original application be passed on?)

Wednesday hubby received 2 emails one for him re AOS fee and one for me re choice of agent. Today I sent email for electronic processing and paid fee and completed form DS-261.

So things are happening but still waiting for tax transcripts and police cert before we can deal with next stage.

Couple of questions. Am I right in thinking that I don't have to have police check for the time I lived in the US?

On the response I received to my electronic opt in email, it says "Foreign State Chargeability: GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND." Does this mean anything as I am a dual citizen and on form G325-A I put Canadian/UK?

Thanks for help

Yup, you're right, you don't need a PCC for the time you lived in the US. I was in the same situation. The US can do their own background checks.

Foreign State Chargeability means place of birth/citizenship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Is a PCC needed for any place they lived more than 6 months??? What if it's a tiny village that wouldn't have such records I don't think?

Check for your country here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

They have information about how to get police certificates. Sometimes one certificate will cover your time living anywhere within a country. Other times you need to get multiple certificates depending on where you have lived.

If you tell us the country or make a timeline, it would be much easier to advise you. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, and, think some more. A Village is part of a Country. Countries issue PCCs.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Does my husband need to submit the original IRS tax transcripts, employment certificate and payslips? My husband filed 2 separate petitions IR-1 and IR-2. If he will attach the original documents to the IR-1, can he just state in IR-2 petition's cover letter that that the original copies of the above mentioned documents are with the other petition filed in IR-1?

We are about to submit my IR-1 AOS and IV package. We are still waiting for the IR-2's IV fee invoice to be generated though.

Thanks!

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Timeline

it doesn't, ever, go to the IR-1/2 packet -

it solely goes to the I-864/AOS packet.

What's he doing on the I-864 set ?

Is he using the NVC Online payment portal, or no? (How to further answer you will vary on your answer to this)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yes, we were using the NVC online payment portal.

I've read somewhere to send original documents to NVC after paying the AOS and IV bill. That's why I am concerned if we can send the photocopies of IRS tax transcripts, letter of employment and payslips instead of the original copy of it?

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Timeline

please go back to post #1, study all the content in all of the links there.

Purty Please? with laksa on it? TIA !

Timeline

It's Dhaka BD. I tried the link someone posted earlier and I can't understand it. OMG I'm also texting with my wife and getting information is like pulling teeth. She's not happy

Stop texting yer wife about this, please?

On Sunday evening, circa 11 PM, call into the National Police Office, inquire about how to get a PCC for USA Immigration.

Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.