joli2010

CR1 waiting for interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. MY WIFE HAS INTERVIEW FEBRUARY 15TH, I FILED THE CASE FROM USA, SHE IS IN INDIA. WE GOT THE INTERVIEW LETTER TO APPEAR. ALSO RECIEVED THE PDF FILE NVC SENT NAMED " PF FOR NEOPOST DS1200.PDF" IT HAS THE LETTER ON THIS PDF PLUS THE LAST PAGE GIVES THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS THAT NVC HAS WITH DIFFERENT SYMOBLS TO INDICATE WHICH DOCUMENTS OR FEES YOU HAVENT PAID ETC. ALL MY FORMS AND FEES ARE GOOD. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ...MY PROBLEM IS...THE NEXT STEP....DO MY WIFE JUST APPEAR AT MUMBAI ON FEBRUARY 15TH OR WHAT? WHEN I LOOK AT THE INTERVIEW PREP IM SEEING THINGS LIKE PACKET 3 AND 4, WHAT ARE ALL THESE PACKETS OR ARE THESE PACKETS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO FILE FROM INDIA?, ALSO ACCORDING TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE THE STEPS ARE

1. Carefully Review the information sent by the NVC noting the date, time, and location of your immigrant visa interview.

2. Prepare for the Medical Examination.

3. Ensure that all required Original Documents will be available at the time of the interview. Any documents that you submitted to the NVC will be transferred to the interviewing officer.

4. Obtain the required Photographs.

5. Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific Interview Guidelines.

6. Review the Important Visa Interview Notices.

7. Review the Immigrant Visa Interview Frequently Asked Questions.

NUMBER 5 IS CONFUSING ME. IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN. PLEASE.

Answer for 5, and rest of your questions:

Preparing for the Interview

All immigrant visa applicants must appear in person at the Consular Section for an interview. Prior to the scheduling of an interview, the NVC or the Consular Section will send Packet 3, which instructs the applicant to gather the documents that will be necessary for the interview. All applicants must submit certain personal documents such as passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, police certificates, and other civil documents, and evidence that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. at the time of applying for a visa. When your case arrives at the Consular Section, and your priority date is current, you will be scheduled for an interview. If you cannot make this appointment, or you know your documents will be incomplete, please notify the Immigrant Visa Unit immediately via email at mumbaiiv@state.gov.

You will receive an appointment letter, along with Packet 4 instructions. Prior to the interview, all immigrant visa applicants (regardless of age) must undergo a medical examination by a doctor designated by the Consulate General. Only authorized doctors may complete this examination. The list of panel physician (is in the medical examination link above) authorized by the Consulate General is included in the Appointment Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants. Please see Visa Forms & Packets for more information.

All immigrant visa applicants are required to pay the courier fee and submit their documents to VFS, our offsite contractor, at least four business days prior to their visa interviews.

The Courier system for Immigrant Visas

The fee for this service is Rs.387 per applicant and should be paid in cash at a local VFS office, prior to the visa interview. For further information, please visit the VFS website, call 0120-6611411 or email infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com

Ref: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivinterview_preparation.html

XrVRp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

but i have read that packet 3 is not needed for spouse visas...only packet 4 is needed..but all the enclosures in packet 4 can be downladed online..which is actually nothing but instructions....

Timeline

but i have read that packet 3 is not needed for spouse visas...only packet 4 is needed..but all the enclosures in packet 4 can be downladed online..which is actually nothing but instructions....

Yes! Since all necessary doc for Package 3 were already submitted to NVC with IV Package.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

SO THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO IS THAT RIGHT? THEN WHAT IS THIS VFS, AND WHAT DO I SUBMIT TO VFS?

No caps lock please.

VFS - You have to pay the courier fee and submit the necessary doc that may require.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

good morning friends, i have a question my wife has interview date for february 15th. i have somequestions regarding submitting thigns to VFS...what are the documents that need to be submitted. this is waht i know.

1. passport copy

2. marriage certificate copy

3. birth certificate copy

4. police clearance certificate copy

5. ds-230

6. interview letter

now my question is my wifes original marriage and birth certificate it with NVC which will be forwarded over. will VFS know of this or do i have to show the paper i got from NVC stating that originals were submitted. DS230 was already filled out and give to NVC. do we have to fill it out again? i got a check list from NVC last night with all the documents i submitted to them. also do we submit health report to vfs or to consulate when we go for interview?

Our interview date was in the same letter as the notice from the NVC that our case is now complete with them.

Is this not always the case?

Done: I-130/CR-1, I-751/ROC

Done: I-327

Timeline

I called nvc right now what they informed me is that, all the documents are forwarded to the consulate, there is nothing to be done except take the medical examination and report to the consulate for the interview with the appolntment letter. Is this true?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.