Richard and Inna

Age Difference Conssideration For Visa?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Richard, I do not think that this is an issue to be concerned about. You will be fine. I know a man who is close to 70 and his wife of 4 years now ( Russian) is about 30 or so. I don't know how they do it but they are doing just great together.

Filed: Timeline

Why is it anyone's business who is with who, the caveat being they are both consenting adults? Of course, age of consent varies by jurisdiction. Nature doesn't seem to care, actually preferring the older buck still able to maintain his harem of young does, as the male can be potent until the day he dies, constantly refreshing his tadpoles, but the female's eggs are numbered, and those eggs are not as fresh at 40 as they are at 18.

Of course, this doesn't stop the horny old cougar, from seeking a more virile youngster, to satisfy her needs.

Edited by ☼

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A number of inappropriate comments derailing the thread from the OP's question have been removed along with posts quoting them. Acceptable parts of the removed posts are returned to the thread below. If you wish to discuss the pros and cons of age differences in a marriage, please start a separate thread to do so and do not derail the OPs thread. He asked a simple question- please confine your responses to his question only.

Thank you.

:unsure:

I am not sure I get the meaning. Discrimination? I can assure you I am very discriminating in whom I will sleep with the rest of my life and advise others to be also. So far the concept of "equal rights" has not extended to marriage, by law. We still get to choose whomever we want to marry for whatever reason.

I am not apposed to marrying some one older or younger as long as it's reasonable age.

and who gets to decide the "Reasonable Age"? You? The media? Your parents?

In not-so-recent history it was taboo to marry someone outside their race or religion. Thank God that society has matured past that narrow minded thinking. Then the controversy was over same-sex relationships, again society has adjusted and the world didn't come to an end. Take a look at the divorce rates and you will find that so-called traditional marriages (same basic age, race, religion, etc.) are failing at a record rate. Whats even sadder is that some 'non-traditional" marriages fail, not because of incompatibility but due to the unfair and bigoted attitudes that bombard the couple from society.

The only ones that should decide the "reasonable age" question should be the ones that are marrying each other. What business is it of yours or anyones else?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why is it anyone's business who is with who, the caveat being they are both consenting adults? Of course, age of consent varies by jurisdiction. Nature doesn't seem to care, actually preferring the older buck still able to maintain his harem of young does, as the male can be potent until the day he dies, constantly refreshing his tadpoles, but the female's eggs are numbered, and those eggs are not as fresh at 40 as they are at 18.

Of course, this doesn't stop the horny old cougar, from seeking a more virile youngster, to satisfy her needs.

Exactly

People here also need to keep in mind that plenty of people would prevent you from getting a K-1 visa AT ALL, or marrying a foreign spouse AT ALL.

ALL of us are doing things that are not acceptable to someone else but seem perfectly great to us. So what? Adults get to make these decisions for themselves.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Exactly

People here also need to keep in mind that plenty of people would prevent you from getting a K-1 visa AT ALL, or marrying a foreign spouse AT ALL.

ALL of us are doing things that are not acceptable to someone else but seem perfectly great to us. So what? Adults get to make these decisions for themselves.

Mods? How about some equal justice? :whistle:

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Hi, I am 59 (Richard) and my fiance'(Inna) is 39. We are perfectly compatible but I wonder if our age difference will be a consideration for issuance of her visa. It is not a problem for us, we are both mature adults, we are very much in love and can prove that our realtionship is real. Anyone have any experience with this and any advice? Thank you !

It can raise a flag in some countries, but since both of you are of a mature age in shouldnt be any cause for concern.

Since both of you are older and possibly both divorced I would be more concerned with interview questions about the ex-spouses than the age difference.

@ Ron... I am pretty sure I have you beat for years as there are 28 years between Amy and I.

Here we go again!!! :whistle:

Hank, yikes you do have us beat by a few years...and yes we've been in this same topic before, yes, haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.