42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Today i get message that they revoke my application

he did not know what books i read and he joked in interview about Thanksgiving calling it BIG CHICKEN DAY as my favorite holiday

they said he did not know what religion i was before i married and became musleum

I converted to Islam before i met him/

now i have to January 26th to do say i will appeal. Should i appeal or reapply?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

he did not know what books i read and he joked in interview about Thanksgiving calling it BIG CHICKEN DAY as my favorite holiday

they said he did not know what religion i was before i married and became musleum

I would appeal. Send them loads of proof from the begining of your relationship. Have you seen him since july? I would not start over and pay them again. They just want more money. Fight and fight hard. Get affadavits. Joint credit cards. Phone bills. Weekly conversations on cam. Send every pic you can. Di you have webcam with his family? Send everything you can. Write a letter explaining your relationship. And address the issues of the interview. Keep it professional and not emotional. Tell them what both your 5 yr goals are and future plans. Dont give up.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

We did a 4 page RFE with 30 ponds of phone bills and chats and proof. I was there for his interview and not allowed in to talk after it. i spent 3 months this summer there for Ramadan and to be with him.

We did more than normally anyone has to do.

I would appeal. Send them loads of proof from the begining of your relationship. Have you seen him since july? I would not start over and pay them again. They just want more money. Fight and fight hard. Get affadavits. Joint credit cards. Phone bills. Weekly conversations on cam. Send every pic you can. Di you have webcam with his family? Send everything you can. Write a letter explaining your relationship. And address the issues of the interview. Keep it professional and not emotional. Tell them what both your 5 yr goals are and future plans. Dont give up.

Timeline

I would still appeal. It will be quicker and cheaper than reapplying and I feel it shows you are validating the relationship and fighting them and letting them know it is real.

Send all proof again. Make the packet organized (all 500 pages of it)

Show them what you have done together since the interview. But be sure to send all proof again.

I know you have been through alot and giving up this petition seems easier then fighting it. But a new petition will be another year and admitting defeat if you are in a real relationship then I say keep fighting and let them know they were wrong.

Good Luck in whatever you decide

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Ok, thank you

this is what i had in the RFE

how we met and proof of it. If dating site, proof of how i paid for it.

when i told my mother I would marry him. My dad's death certifate. my grown sons birth certiftes, list of all his and all my family and all addresses and phone numbers. I had to go on facebook to find all mine.

where i stayed each visit and how i paid for it

who was at marriage and who was not. Affidavits from family that could not be there.

all trips and 2 months bank records before and after

photos of meeting, marriage, honeymoon

annoucenment of marriage

where he learned english and affiviat of support from the school

chats, phone records, sms messages, any other to support it

affivats from family of our meeting, marriage and that we slept together and had sex

this is just a little of it

the RFE was 4 pages long

I would still appeal. It will be quicker and cheaper than reapplying and I feel it shows you are validating the relationship and fighting them and letting them know it is real.

Send all proof again. Make the packet organized (all 500 pages of it)

Show them what you have done together since the interview. But be sure to send all proof again.

I know you have been through alot and giving up this petition seems easier then fighting it. But a new petition will be another year and admitting defeat if you are in a real relationship then I say keep fighting and let them know they were wrong.

Good Luck in whatever you decide

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

whatever you decide to do... make sure your husband knows everything about you and get him to take it seriously.

good luck whichever path you take :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

he knows everything about me

more than my late husband of 20 years.

whatever you decide to do... make sure your husband knows everything about you and get him to take it seriously.

good luck whichever path you take :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

he knows everything about me

more than my late husband of 20 years.

lol :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Also, you need to do alot of reading here on VJ.

Type Reaffirmed in the search box on the top right and read everyones experience of their reaffirmation and how they got it approved. And contact them and ask questions. This will involve alot of work but you can do it.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

thanks but this person did not get revoked and have to do appeal

Timeline

Was your petition sent back to USCIS after interview for revocation?

I believe Liz and Mohamed went through the same thing.

I could be wrong.

Maybe I do not understand the terminology? Just do a search and find people to contact to help you.

I wish you luck and all the best and I hope you will be together soon.

God Bless

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

we had interview in July. It was denied and sent back for review. Today i go a notice saying it is revoked and i have till the 26th to send notice of appeal. they were never revoked. it is a different process.

but thanks

i need help with the appeal process

Was your petition sent back to USCIS after interview for revocation?

I believe Liz and Mohamed went through the same thing.

I could be wrong.

Maybe I do not understand the terminology? Just do a search and find people to contact to help you.

I wish you luck and all the best and I hope you will be together soon.

God Bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.