bruno89

Adjustment of Status from Visa Waiver

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi ,im married to a US citizen and i need to do my adjustment of status ,i live right outside Houston,Texas area and i was wondering what all do i need and how much do i need and where do i send the papers and what basic information should i know or have when submiting the papers?

I know theres more old topics about this but i just want to make sure i have the right information and everything i need as to me this is a very important situation as the future and me and my wife is at stake in the US if not submited correctly and payed the right fees...

I got here with a visa waiver not expecting to get married but i ended up meeting her and things got serious to the point where we are now married and my visa waiver experid about 3 years ago ,let me know ,and thank you for all your help.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Don't bother applying for the travel permission (I-131) - you can't travel until you have your GC or you will be banned from the US for the overstay. Otherwise, should be straightforward. Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Don't bother applying for the travel permission (I-131) - you can't travel until you have your GC or you will be banned from the US for the overstay. Otherwise, should be straightforward. Good luck!

Thank you for the quick reply ,so what numbers should i apply on all those down there in the link you sent me?

You need to file all of the forms in that guide, read them all, the instructions, everything three times over. Study it. Then ask questions on what is not clear to you. There are a lot of forms.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

You need to file all of the forms in that guide, read them all, the instructions, everything three times over. Study it. Then ask questions on what is not clear to you. There are a lot of forms.

Ok one more question are the fees still updated on the link?or have they changed?as i dont want to send the incorrect amount...

Filed: Other Timeline

You will need to enclose one check for $1,490 in your AoS package, plus . . . you'll have to pay for the medical from an approved civil surgeon, which costs anywhere between $150 and $450, so shop around.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Bruno regarding the money aspect of the process, the total fee for your AOS package (I-130,I-485,I-765) will be 1490 dollars

P.S. Ops,I just saw that you already got an answer for that

Edited by Max1gk

Please read the instructions. It says in the form instructions both the price and who to make it out to. There is a lot of information there you need to know. If you don't know it, you will fail.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

read the instructions VERY THOROUGHLY and REPEATEDLY. learn as much as you can about the process, inside and out. read lots of threads here on VJ. google things. the more you know, the smoother your journey will be!

i was lucky to have found VJ before my husband and i began the immigration process and have been able to benefit from the knowledge and community here for years. VJ has made all the difference in the world!

(awww. that was sappy of me! thanks guys!)

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.