jook

Reporting visa fraud

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if this belongs on the board, but here goes.

I was taken for a ride by a Colombian woman for about 5 years. We intended to marry, at least she led me to believe that, but it was always one problem or excuse after another. She actually filled out all the paperwork for a K1 visa and I have the originals along with copies of pertinent documents. If she was telling the truth, she also filed for a K1 visa before, but that's a long story. I visited her in Colombia 4 times if that makes a difference. I foolishly sent her money which probably totals several thousand dollars or so - I have Western Union receipts for most of the money I gave her.

To make a long story short, I recently found out that she never had any intention of marrying me but planned to marry another guy in Florida. I wouldn't pursue this matter it weren't for the depth of the lies and the cunning scheming. For example, she used her children to get money from me. Her sister and sister's husband also played a part in the deception. [The sister is a 20 year old who recently came to the US on a fiance visa to marry a guy 50+ - this was a year ago - I'm wondering if I can report them also.] I should probably still let it go, and I might, but at this point, I want to explore options.

I've got names, addresses and a copy of her passport. I have tons of photos of us together, letters and 5 years' of emails that I didn't discard. She is supposed to get married in January. Any thoughts? Thanks from a dummy.

You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.

Did she ever marry you? If not, and she came on a K-1 visa, there is no path for her to stay here legally other than marrying you. You can't get your money back but you can report her fraud and let the gov do their thing.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm not sure if this belongs on the board, but here goes.

I was taken for a ride by a Colombian woman for about 5 years. We intended to marry, at least she led me to believe that, but it was always one problem or excuse after another. She actually filled out all the paperwork for a K1 visa and I have the originals along with copies of pertinent documents. If she was telling the truth, she also filed for a K1 visa before, but that's a long story. I visited her in Colombia 4 times if that makes a difference. I foolishly sent her money which probably totals several thousand dollars or so - I have Western Union receipts for most of the money I gave her.

To make a long story short, I recently found out that she never had any intention of marrying me but planned to marry another guy in Florida. I wouldn't pursue this matter it weren't for the depth of the lies and the cunning scheming. For example, she used her children to get money from me. Her sister and sister's husband also played a part in the deception. [The sister is a 20 year old who recently came to the US on a fiance visa to marry a guy 50+ - this was a year ago - I'm wondering if I can report them also.] I should probably still let it go, and I might, but at this point, I want to explore options.

I've got names, addresses and a copy of her passport. I have tons of photos of us together, letters and 5 years' of emails that I didn't discard. She is supposed to get married in January. Any thoughts? Thanks from a dummy.

What visa fraud did she commit? She jilted you and took your money, shame on you, but maybe she intends to marry and stay with the FL guy!

There is nothing to report. You could tell your tale to USCIS but she didn't break any laws and only time will tell if she is trying to use this guy for immigration fraud;;;;;worst case she could sue you for slander if you are not correct.

I'd say cut your loses, forget about her and live your life and be more careful next time. Don't ever again violate any of the few cardinal rules about international dating.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

So did she actually came here on K-1 Visa and you been a petitioner??? If yes, she can't adjust a status anyway. The K-1 visa is specifically to marry the petitioner.

I would recommend to contact USCIS and notify them since you filed for the financial support (I-134) and you don't want it to go against you. A better idea might be to make an INFOPASS appointment and speak to the officer.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

I am really sorry this happened to you. At this point, from the information you've divulged, you have not petitioned her through K-1. As such,

there really isn't much you can do in regards to visa fraud. You mentioned that she is to get married in January to another guy in Florida. May

be you can alert that other person in Florida about the real intentions of this woman. I don't mean to be blunt, but, this really seems to be a case

of you and possibly another person getting scammed by this woman. Move on with your life and forget about her....IMHO

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Did you petition her for a K-1? Is that how she got to the US? There seems to be some confusion on the matter.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

You got scammed and screwed. You learned your lesson. Unless you know the phone number of the guy she is planning to marry in Florida and wanted to have a man to man talk, there is nothing you can do except to notify ICE, IF she actually arrived here.If the K1 is in your name she can only marry you and no one else. If she marries that guy in Florida that is visa fraud. Did she ever complete the paperwork and get a visa?

I agree, fraud was probably the wrong terminology. She duped me. I never followed through with the petition because I didn't get all the info I needed from her. The other guy filed the visa.

My thought was that the USCIS might take an interest in this and deny the visa based on her character. Or do they not concern themselves with such things?

As for the guy in Florida, he may be in on it, I don't know. I am in the process of getting all his information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You did get something in return. It is called experience.

You got off very, very cheap but now you are educated. Consider it an even trade. You were too trusting and now you are not trusting anymore. I don't think you have a case or a valid complaint. Let it go but be wiser. One guy I spoke with sent $ 20,000 to a woman (so he told me) and is still sending her money and I think she is a scammer. Just be smart in the future. There are a lot of corrupt people in this world and you shouldn't trust anybody. That's how you'll find a good woman like I did.

Read about how the scammers work and educate yourself: www.dragonladies.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did you petition her for a K-1? Is that how she got to the US? There seems to be some confusion on the matter.

Is she in the states already

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Think about how the "other" guy is going to do with this woman. If he "is not" on this with her, he will be more sorry than you. Pity him.

Edited by Enigma11561

Sounds to me like she took several guys for a ride, and only one, the guy in Florida, got the paperwork filed and approved. OP "invested" a lot of money in the woman and her family, but came up short. Now he wants his money back from her.

Were these loans, or gifts? If they were gifts, forget about it. If were loans, you could have a case, but I don't know if it would be worth pursuing.

If he dropped a dime on her to the UCSIS out of spite, would that mess up her chances of getting a greencard, or becoming a USC? I don't know either. It might, or it might not.

Edited by ☼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree, fraud was probably the wrong terminology. She duped me. I never followed through with the petition because I didn't get all the info I needed from her. The other guy filed the visa.

My thought was that the USCIS might take an interest in this and deny the visa based on her character. Or do they not concern themselves with such things?

As for the guy in Florida, he may be in on it, I don't know. I am in the process of getting all his information.

If she never lied to the US government then there's been no fraud. Sucks, though. This happens to a lot of guys, and it's usually about milking them for some cash.

If you find out that the guy in Florida doesn't know about this then you should tell him. If he knows what kind of woman he's hooking up with then I'd be surprised if he decided to go through with it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd a least warn the other guy! No reason why he should get taken if you know she that way because if he get her here and does the affidavit of support and she leaves him in a few months after marriage he will be screwed in having to support her for the next 10 years! Just my 2 cents worth!

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

I guess I'll make a call to USCIS, it can't hurt, then drop the matter and as someone suggested, chalk it up to experience. And stay away from Colombia! I'll also warn the guy in FL if he isn't in on it but I have a sneaky suspicion he is. And yes, she is in the US.

I told her I wanted $1000 back immediately as a partial repayment of the money I gave her - I paid for her friggin' trip to the US unknowingly! She seemed scared and said she'd come up with the $$, but then again, she's an oscar deserving actress. Mind you, it's not blackmail, I didn't threaten her with anything if she didn't pay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.