alwayshappy

Is this USCIS's Typo in NOA2 or the process changed?

6 posts in this topic

I filed I129-F Petition for Fiancee` Visa(K1) around August 15th and received my NOA1 around the 20th of that month, stating USCIS received it on 17th. After waiting impatiently for over 4 months, USCIS finally approved my petition on the 21st of December (Merry Christmas). Here is where the confusion starts.

The blogs and information on the USCIS websites states, once the petition is approved, they send the approved petition to the NVC(National Visa Center). However, the NOA2 I received states they have forwarded the approved application to the "Consulate listed" and I should contact them for further information. The problem is, I looked at the entire NOA2, front and back, only to find they didn't list the name of the Consulate they sent the application to, that is if they did. Here are some of the questions I have and would appreciate your expertise.

1. Is anyone aware if the process changed? Meaning instead of sending to NVC, are they directly sending to Consulate instead?
  2. Is this simply a typo? Well this definitely is a typo(I think). But the question is did they intended to type NVC instead of Consulate or did they really mean consulate and just forgot to type the consulate's information? Any thoughts?
  3. What do I do now? I tried to contact the US Consulate in my Fiancee's home country as they have only 1 office there but they mentioned they have not received the application yet.
  4. Is there a way I can verify if NVC has received my application? Can I call them or contact them without any NVC case number? How can I do so?
  5. With all these in mind, how far away am I before getting my fiancee' here to plan my wedding?

Once again I'd like to thank you for your valuable time and any information that could help me.

Thank you !!

Email me

All is well, this issue is brought up at least once a month. Lots of folks get confused when they read the NOA that says the petition is on the way to the consulate. Your petition will stop at NVC on the way to the consulate. NVC will assign your case number and the consulate will advise you when they receive it. Two weeks to a month depending on which consulate you are working with.

Our NOA2 stated the same thing...as DaveE stated, it will go through the NVC on the way. You can call the NVC and enter your Reciept Number for your I-129F Petition to check the status at the NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

All is well, this issue is brought up at least once a month. Lots of folks get confused when they read the NOA that says the petition is on the way to the consulate. Your petition will stop at NVC on the way to the consulate. NVC will assign your case number and the consulate will advise you when they receive it. Two weeks to a month depending on which consulate you are working with.

The issue comes up three times a day

ALL petitions go to NVC. ALL. Petitions. NO exceptions.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...

The issue comes up three times a day

ALL petitions go to NVC. ALL. Petitions. NO exceptions.

Awesome -- I guess !! Thank you all for the reply. This makes me wanna ask another question.

So how will I know once it has reached my Fiance's home country's US Embassy/Consulate? Is it only after the Embassy contact's my Fiance' or does NVC sends me a notification stating that they have forwarded to certain consulate?

Thank you !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Awesome -- I guess !! Thank you all for the reply. This makes me wanna ask another question.

So how will I know once it has reached my Fiance's home country's US Embassy/Consulate? Is it only after the Embassy contact's my Fiance' or does NVC sends me a notification stating that they have forwarded to certain consulate?

Thank you !!

Your fiance will be contacted by the Consulate/embassy with further instructions re: visa application

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.