salsero

Questions K1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiance was approved on Dec 23, (a very merry Christmas) but have several questions;

1. I see comments about the NVC package. Is the NVC going to send me a letter saying when they forwarded the package to the embassy/

2. Once the embassy receives package, will embassy contact me to ensure the proper address where my fiance is leaving? The address I placed on the I129f app for my fiance is diffrent since we turned our apartment in Bogota in last month due to lease expiring.

3. Or should I contact the NVC or Embassy to advise of the address where to send the package for my fiance?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

My fiance was approved on Dec 23, (a very merry Christmas) but have several questions;

1. I see comments about the NVC package. Is the NVC going to send me a letter saying when they forwarded the package to the embassy/

2. Once the embassy receives package, will embassy contact me to ensure the proper address where my fiance is leaving? The address I placed on the I129f app for my fiance is diffrent since we turned our apartment in Bogota in last month due to lease expiring.

3. Or should I contact the NVC or Embassy to advise of the address where to send the package for my fiance?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I had same question, and this is what a VJ member suggested.

1. Once your I-129F is approved (NOA2), your case will be forwarded to the National Visa Center.

2. Start calling NVC everyday about 2 days after your I-129F has been approved at: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5. You will need to reach a live person to get information on your case since the NVC’s automated system does not handle K1 visas.

Give this person your I-797 NOA1 receipt #, they will let you know if your package has been received. Once NVC receives your case, they will assign a new case # that will begin with BGTXXXXXXXXXX. Make sure you get the new case # and write it down.

A. If it has not been received.

Keep calling every few days until they receive it. Don’t pay attention

to their script. They will tell you it may take 4 weeks for them to receive your case. It does not usually take that long. Sometimes it only takes a few days.

B. If your case has been received.

Ask them if it has been forwarded to the embassy. If your case has not been forwarded, wait a day and then call again. NVC does not usually hold the cases more than a few days.

3. After NVC sends your package to the embassy it should arrive in approximately 3 business days via DHL. Your package will also be sent electronically to the embassy but it needs to physically arrive before the embassy takes action.

4. The Embassy will send you an email and will give you instruction how to proceed.

I think you will get an email from the embassy within the next two weeks. If not you should call the Embassy at 011-57-1-315-1566. But you need to have your case number BGT..... that you will get from NVC.

However, once you get the BGT number, you have the KEY to go into the website and program your appointment. You don't even have to wait for the e-Mail!!! Believeme!!! I remember also that once we got the BGT number I mailed them @ IVBogota@state.gov and inmediately I got this:

If you are inquiring about a specific case, you must include the applicant's case number, complete name, and date of birth in all correspondence.  If you did not include that information in your e-mail to us, please resend the e-mail with the information.  We cannot respond to any case specific e-mails that do not include this information.

Due to the high volume of correspondence we receive, we are unable to respond to every inquiry.  Please refer to the FAQs section of our website at http://bogota.usembassy.gov/iv-faq.html where you will find the answer to most of your questions.  If your inquiry cannot be readily answered by our FAQs section, we will provide you with a direct response.

In general, the delivery process takes about 10-14 days from the day of your interview.   If you are inquiring about the delivery of your passport and visa, please understand that it generally takes between 3-4 days for the delivery status to reflect on the website.  Do not worry if you are unable to view the status prior to that.  

We are no longer posting a list of scheduled appointments on our website.

I sent another email including the information, and they sent the package to my email right away. Two days later my fiancé got same email.

You have to do this after 3 business days from the date that they forwarded your case to the Bogota Consulate. I had my interview date a day before I got the e-mail, once again just with the BGT you can program your appointment.

I hope it works all out for you ;-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am in this boat as well. I however, have gone to the CSC Bogota Consular website and already set up the interview for my fiancee. I used an attorney and he advised me he was contacted ref the case and that a new case number is coming. There are forms DS156,DS156K, and DS230 that can be filled out on the site as well. You can also download the 3/4 packets that instruct you what to do. You need to pay the visa fee online which is $350 before you can schedule and intrerview. I will be going down south next month so I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. I only advise this if it has been 2 weeks since you received your NOA notice. I think the packet will be there by time the inteview rolls around which is the last week January so I grabbed the bull by the horns!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.