21*17

I'm freaking out!!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Better to have too much evidence than not enough.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Better to have too much evidence than not enough.

:thumbs:

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

A little overboard, I would say.

Why would you say a little overboard? Brian and myself are talking from past experiences. Consulates want proof and will sometimes hand out blue and green slips for lack of it, thus delaying your case. Don't put yourself in a bad predicament. It's not easy traveling halfway across the world to prove a bona fide relationship.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I actually agree with your advice, because IMHO its better to have TOO much evidence than not enough!!!

I am prepared to show that not only do we have a relationship, but that its an ONGOING BONA FIDE relationship!

So I'm with you on all the heaps of proof. I would rather the CO tell my fiance, 'oh well we dont need all of that' and hopefully will hand most of it back to him, than for the CO to have him reschedule for lack of evidence!! :yes:

Amen! Too much is better than too little.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rule #1 for interview, OVERLOAD is better then unload yourself............... Be OVER prepared, this is the moment you've been waiting for.......... DO it up right......

Best wishes on the interview.........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Gee, just trying to help the guy! :rolleyes: Sorry if I offended the VJ royalty.

I am NOT saying he needs all that stuff, but just print it and take it with him. He has ONE day to get this done, and he doesnt have time to do research or assemble some surgically correct amount of data. My intention was to have him throw together as much as possible, roughly organize it, and be on his way.

I dont think you went over board i did exactly that for my husbands interview on Oct 19...The only thing is he walked around with a BIG stack of papers (In a black laptop case lol) for nothing they didnt even look at it when my husband asked them if they wanted to see any pictures call logs ect. they said no our kids birth certificates were enough. But its ok we didnt mind Like someone else said "It's better to have too much than not enough" And as for the Invitation letter they printed one out for my husband...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly! A birth certificate is pretty good proof of 1) Having met in person, 2) And an ongoing relationship as it has both peope listed as the parents. :blush:

Never do-do when do will do! :whistle:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

I actually agree with your advice, because IMHO its better to have TOO much evidence than not enough!!!

I am prepared to show that not only do we have a relationship, but that its an ONGOING BONA FIDE relationship!

So I'm with you on all the heaps of proof. I would rather the CO tell my fiance, 'oh well we dont need all of that' and hopefully will hand most of it back to him, than for the CO to have him reschedule for lack of evidence!! :yes:

IMHO.... while i think all that was mentioned is a bit overboard, in the end I agree...

It is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have. Better safe than sorry.

Take everything you can get your hands on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do not freak out. You are just fine. You have plenty of evidence. The confirmation letter is good. You have your appointment and that is what matters.

Get plenty of rest before your interview. I know this is a very stressful time but try your best to relax. You want to answer all the interviewer's questions clearly and honestly.

You will do great! Good Luck! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Relax, take a deep breath..............now concentrate on the task at hand. Gather all information that you wish and take it with you. You will have several hours on the plane to get better organized with the evidence. I wish you two the best and early Happy New Year to you both! :thumbs:

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.