F & J

I-751 January 2012 Filers

1,523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

i saw someone from Germany, have a question, what do you think was a problem on Euro 2012, i thought you would be winners, honestly

I wasnt there to cheer them on, THATS what happened :whistle:

nah I have no idea ... I dont understand enough about it I guess. the Game against Greece was awesome though .. but Ill go and leave now, Im not a January filer either ...

3Oiym7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For Hedi and Calypso, i think this forum helps people to see what is the timeline for processing, compare their dates to other participates, i understand how much you love California but you can use private messages for that or find together a forum for California lovers, all i see last 3 pages is your flood about it

i dnt want to be rude but its really annoying to see your messages out of topic

Hi Alex,

Speaking for myself, I joined this site back in April because I found it to be filled with supportive people who gave very good advice and guidance throughout the various immigration steps. Reading through the different threads, I also noticed that many people knew each other well on this forum and have formed online friendships. As Calypso said, we are done with our ROC process; however, I personally find it nice to check in here and see how many other people (from the January thread) have been approved. I also appreciate meeting people like Calypso, AlexandAstrid and SarahandAnis here, and I enjoy having conversations with them. These conversations in no way take away from the fact that everyone on this thread and this site is willing to help anyone with their questions.

I wish you the best in your ROC journey.

And by the way, my husband and I visited Chicago back in June. Loved the city. :)

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah sorry about that, you absolutely right.

Hey guys!!!!??? is anyone live around Chicago?? what a weather outside, so amazing.

i saw someone from Germany, have a question, what do you think was a problem on Euro 2012, i thought you would be winners, honestly

alex - the banter between members while they are awaiting updates is permissible. i'd appreciate it if you'd not try to assume my duties and tell members who've been here for significantly longer than yourself what's on or off topic.

if seeing a post by a certain member annoys you, there's an ignore function you may use.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yeah sorry about that, you absolutely right.

Hey guys!!!!??? is anyone live around Chicago?? what a weather outside, so amazing.

Look, if you really have a pending I-751 application in February but you haven't been approved yet that's why you are unhappy about our lively discussion here, keep your dissatisfaction to yourself. You are clearly the one derailing this thread with your self-righteousness. You are new to this site and should wear your best behavior but you're being acrimonious and all. I hope you stop loitering in this thread. Your posts are the ones that are way out of topic and your disrespect is flooding this thread.

Calm down, okay? If waiting for your approval stresses you out, don't go around criticizing people who are simply enjoying a light conversation in this forum.

I have only dropped by Chicago for a two-hour layover and had no chance to check out the city. The airport is truly world-class and the toilet seat protection is pretty awesome. My husband got me pizza at ORD and it was decent. I hope you are glad now. Welcome to VJ, btw!

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Hi Alex,

Speaking for myself, I joined this site back in April because I found it to be filled with supportive people who gave very good advice and guidance throughout the various immigration steps. Reading through the different threads, I also noticed that many people knew each other well on this forum and have formed online friendships. As Calypso said, we are done with our ROC process; however, I personally find it nice to check in here and see how many other people (from the January thread) have been approved. I also appreciate meeting people like Calypso, AlexandAstrid and SarahandAnis here, and I enjoy having conversations with them. These conversations in no way take away from the fact that everyone on this thread and this site is willing to help anyone with their questions.

I wish you the best in your ROC journey.

And by the way, my husband and I visited Chicago back in June. Loved the city. :)

I totally understand that, if you are new on forums, they have rules when you create an account. The moderator has a full right to erase everything just because it is out of topic. Im so glad you are done with ROC, you can write a message to your forum friend and say like "hey why we just cant change a numbers and meet in real life", it would be nice. Imagine me, i go here on page 72 and i see only about mountains, beaches, San Diego, California, deserts, ocean, breeze, what is the forum topic "Weather and nice places in California?"

Im gonna bring my friend here, and we will discuss on the next 20 pages how Russia won hockey championship this march, im sure you will be glad to see it

Filed: Timeline

I absolutely agree with AlexGreen. I'v been following this forum for a while now. I'm also a January ROC filer and its been really helpful. The fact that people like us didn't join doesn't mean we don't follow the threads. We read, learn, and gain the necessary knowledge needed for our individual USCIS journeys. Now you know people like me have been looking up to you guys. This forum had been used for its intended purpose till you guys got approved. I've been following most of the threads for the Jan. 2012 ROC Filers and its all about giving each other much needed support, fingers crossed and after-hours prayers being made. Lets not forget those still expecting approvals.

Calpyso, Fatima, Menina and co....You guys have my total respect as I've read your comments which are very positive and encouraging and gotten tons of support from it.

I can still remember my favorite statement on the thread made by Calypso back in January: "May we all have a quick and speedy approvals" Please let's not deviate from what the forum is intended for. Like Alex said earlier, those messages can done privately. I pray for Fatima and the rest still awaiting approval. God bless you all !!!

Edited by Follysho707

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I absolutely agree with AlexGreen. I'v been following this forum for a while now. I'm also a January ROC filer and its been really helpful. This forum had been used for its intended purpose till you guys got approved. I've been following most of the threads for the Jan. 2012 ROC Filers and its all about giving each other much needed support, fingers crossed and after-hours prayers being made. Lets not forget those still expecting approvals.

Calpyso, Fatima, Menina and co....You guys have my total respect as I've read your comments which are very positive and encouraging and gotten tons of support from it. Please let's not deviate from what the forum is intended for. Like Alex said earlier, those messages can done privately. I pray for Fatima and the rest still awaiting approval. God bless you all !!!

Considering I am not even a January Filer and I am editing your approvals for January, I am in no way forgetting them :)In fact, my ROC is in March. It is refreshing to discuss things while waiting for updates on approvals. Calypso and I and especially Yurika and JIm are editing this thread several times a day so that everyone has the most up to date information. While it seems totally fine to update the list, I can see now that I have no right to say anything else. That's pretty hypocritical.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Considering I am not even a January Filer and I am editing your approvals for January, I am in no way forgetting them :)In fact, my ROC is in March. It is refreshing to discuss things while waiting for updates on approvals. Calypso and I and especially Yurika and JIm are editing this thread several times a day so that everyone has the most up to date information. While it seems totally fine to update the list, I can see now that I have no right to say anything else. That's pretty hypocritical.

I didn't mean it that way. Of course over the months, there have been couple of "out-of-topic" discussions that relate to the forum's topics. But recently, it seem discussions have gone way off-topic and we shouldn't forget the main purpose of the forum. Thx !

I absolutely agree with AlexGreen. I'v been following this forum for a while now. I'm also a January ROC filer and its been really helpful. The fact that people like us didn't join doesn't mean we don't follow the threads. We read, learn, and gain the necessary knowledge needed for our individual USCIS journeys. Now you know people like me have been looking up to you guys. This forum had been used for its intended purpose till you guys got approved. I've been following most of the threads for the Jan. 2012 ROC Filers and its all about giving each other much needed support, fingers crossed and after-hours prayers being made. Lets not forget those still expecting approvals.

Calpyso, Fatima, Menina and co....You guys have my total respect as I've read your comments which are very positive and encouraging and gotten tons of support from it.

I can still remember my favorite statement on the thread made by Calypso back in January: "May we all have a quick and speedy approvals" Please let's not deviate from what the forum is intended for. Like Alex said earlier, those messages can done privately. I pray for Fatima and the rest still awaiting approval. God bless you all !!!

I don't think I've ever redundantly put the words "quick" and "speedy" in the same sentence. That's not mine. Here's what I actually wrote and I can't believe I'm quoting myself:

May we all have a smooth and speedy new journey! luv.gif

It seems that some of you here haven't visited other parts of VJ that's why you make misguided comments. This is not an elementary school where your teachers tell you not to talk to your seatmates. As I have mentioned, there are NO recent updates or questions from other January filers and there's nothing wrong with socializing with other posters. Note what Charles, a moderator, has said, "...the banter between members while they are awaiting updates is permissible."

I'm sure that other filers won't hesitate to post any update or question in this thread despite the occasional discussions about beaches, chocolates and travel. And what kind of front are you using, Follysho707? You've never posted before and now AlexGreen comes, you also show up to try to make a point. I'm quite surprised. I also will be surprised again if more new accounts will come by and say what you and AlexGreen agree about. Thanks.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline

You've never posted before and now AlexGreen comes, you also show up to try to make a point.

i noticed that also.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I don't think I've ever redundantly put the words "quick" and "speedy" in the same sentence. That's not mine. Here's what I actually wrote and I can't believe I'm quoting myself:

It seems that some of you here haven't visited other parts of VJ that's why you make misguided comments. This is not an elementary school where your teachers tell you not to talk to your seatmates. As I have mentioned, there are NO recent updates or questions from other January filers and there's nothing wrong with socializing with other posters. Note what Charles, a moderator, has said, "...the banter between members while they are awaiting updates is permissible."

I'm sure that other filers won't hesitate to post any update or question in this thread despite the occasional discussions about beaches, chocolates and travel. And what kind of front are you using, Follysho707? You've never posted before and now AlexGreen comes, you also show up to try to make a point. I'm quite surprised. I also will be surprised again if more new accounts will come by and say what you and AlexGreen agree about. Thanks.

We don't need to make things hard on each other, the fact that I or Alex just signed up to this forum doesn't change anything, neither am I trying to prove a point by my statement. Mis-quoting your exact words doesn't matter as well, they weren't bad, they were very encouraging. All that matters is we're all here to help each other out. My point is the statement gave me "Hope". Simple! Too bad, you got soo defensive over nothing. The forum is not to chit-chat abt our personal lives, correct worng grammar or vocabulary et al... Our goal is to share our individual USCIS journey experience and give assistance to one another.

We don't need to make things hard on each other, the fact that I and Alex just signed up doesn't imply we're new to this forum or the USCIS journey. I wasn't trying to prove any point by any standards. We should exhibit a lil' courtesy, especially to strangers. I don't think I've said anything wrong that warrants any war of words or guards up. The thing is, the statement gave me "Hope". Simple! Too bad, you (Calypso) got extremely defensive unnecessarily. The forum is not to make chit-chats abt our personal lives or correcting wrong grammar or vocabulary etc.... The goal is to share our individual USCIS journey experience and to give assistance to one another.

I wish the remaining January filers best of luck !

Timeline

I'm just curious. Who among you here are sending their N-400 before the year 2012 ends? unsure.gif

Hi Calypso-

I think we will file in the first part of January 2013. I am getting excited for that step so that we can be done with this process for good! I'm also looking forward to sharing this journey with VJ friends that have been with us from the very beginning and those we have met along the way. This site is great! Crossing my fingers for all of the other January filers to be approved very soon! :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Calypso-

I think we will file in the first part of January 2013. I am getting excited for that step so that we can be done with this process for good! I'm also looking forward to sharing this journey with VJ friends that have been with us from the very beginning and those we have met along the way. This site is great! Crossing my fingers for all of the other January filers to be approved very soon! :thumbs:

Calypso and Menina~

The window to file for my husband's naturalization opens on January 26th, 2013, so I think we will try to have everything ready by that date. Our goal is to send in the packet by the end of January. Like Menina said, I look forward to going through that process with all the supportive people I have met on this forum, and I know if I have any questions, I can come here for advice. :yes:

pkyxguryrufud.png

Hi Calypso-

Thanks for taking a big shot @ the Bull's eye !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.