F & J

I-751 January 2012 Filers

1,523 posts in this topic

I'm just curious. Who among you here are sending their N-400 before the year 2012 ends? unsure.gif

By the way, I've checked other I-751 threads and below are a few notes in case some of you would like to know what's going on around here:

• October 2011 Filers Vermont Service Center (26 applicants, 14 Approved 54%)
  • November 2011 Filers Vermont Service Center (34 applicants, 0 Approved 0 %)

• February 2012 Filers California Service Center (28 applicants, 10 approved 36%)
  • March 2012 Filers California Service Center (25 applicants, 0 approved 0%)

So basically more than half of the VSC applicants in the October 2011 filers thread have been approved and none yet in the November filers thread. As for CSC, they've started approving February 2012 filers and nobody yet in March.

I hope USCIS keeps moving.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It must have been great for you and your husband to move to SB after being in Van Nuys, if I remember correctly.

wacko.gif

We lived in Sherman Oaks/Valley Village in the Valley...my husband grew up in Van Nuys though! We LOVE Santa Barbara....don't love the super high rent though ;( We will be here for at least another four years though, since Alex is a Ph.D student at UCSB. Could be in a worse place, right?

We've been to Las Vegas many times before and I can appreciate it although it's not my favorite. We live in the Pasadena area so it's easy to find somewhere beautiful to visit without going to another state. Since I enjoy getting to know this country more, I do a lot of research when it comes to organizing our trips. My husband and I agree that one of the greatest places we've visited within California is the Sequoia and Kings National Park in the Central Valley. Kings Canyon is spectacular, having been carved by glaciers in the Ice Age. The drive to Kings Canyon is as unforgettable as Big Sur's.

Chocolate, pastries and ice cream sound perfect. These are enough for me to persuade my husband to go to Solvang before the grape harvest season. star_smile.gif

We just got back from Yosemite...talk about stunning. The drive doesn't get good until you are about halfway between Fresno and the Park entrance but those hours of driving through the Central Valley are made up for the first time you see El Capital and Half Dome!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

I'm just curious. Who among you here are sending their N-400 before the year 2012 ends? unsure.gif

By the way, I've checked other I-751 threads and below are a few notes in case some of you would like to know what's going on around here:

• October 2011 Filers Vermont Service Center (26 applicants, 14 Approved 54%)
  • November 2011 Filers Vermont Service Center (34 applicants, 0 Approved 0 %)

• February 2012 Filers California Service Center (28 applicants, 10 approved 36%)
  • March 2012 Filers California Service Center (25 applicants, 0 approved 0%)

So basically more than half of the VSC applicants in the October 2011 filers thread have been approved and none yet in the November filers thread. As for CSC, they've started approving February 2012 filers and nobody yet in March.

I hope USCIS keeps moving.

Thank you for the information, so I'm estimating VCS will be issuing GC for Jan filers end of September/ beginning October maybe :/

We lived in Sherman Oaks/Valley Village in the Valley...my husband grew up in Van Nuys though! We LOVE Santa Barbara....don't love the super high rent though ;( We will be here for at least another four years though, since Alex is a Ph.D student at UCSB. Could be in a worse place, right?

We just got back from Yosemite...talk about stunning. The drive doesn't get good until you are about halfway between Fresno and the Park entrance but those hours of driving through the Central Valley are made up for the first time you see El Capital and Half Dome!

Pieces of paradise have price tags and some of them are worth it so it's good to know that you like it there. happy.gif We lived about three blocks from the beach in Santa Monica for half a year since my arrival in the US. I thought everything was expensive. We left because I didn't like that my husband had to drive three hours to and from work due to traffic congestion. We just got married then and he was spending a long time on the road so we decided to move closer to where he's been working. Now after three years, he still wants to return to Santa Monica. I don't wanna remember the rent. Moreover, I'd like to live in a place where there's an active and engaging community.

I'd love to visit Yosemite, too. My husband has old photos of that park and they're breathtaking.

The drive from the house to Kings Canyon National Park was not very good either because we had to pass by Bakersfield and Visalia. dead.gif It was the drive after Visalia that made the trip great.

Thank you for the information, so I'm estimating VCS will be issuing GC for Jan filers end of September/ beginning October maybe :/

I think that's a logical prediction given the limited information that we find on this site.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning and happy hump day :thumbs: First I'd like to say a BIG congrats to everyone who has received their 10yr card :dance:

Secondly, I have a some questions and was hoping to get folks input on this.

So it's officially been over 6 months and we haven't heard anything about by husband's card.

My husband asked if we should call our Senator about this?I told him we should start by calling the USCIS and see if there is any news or possibly put a service request in.

We called USCIS in June, they told us there was no RFE and that we might have to wait 3-6 more months before it was issued. I asked why so long and she said it's standard processing.

We are very anxious to get some information. Even if we got a RFE at least I'd know they were working on it, but alas...nothing.

Should we just hold tight? Call USCIS? Put a Service Request in? Call our Senator?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning and happy hump day :thumbs: First I'd like to say a BIG congrats to everyone who has received their 10yr card :dance:

Secondly, I have a some questions and was hoping to get folks input on this.

So it's officially been over 6 months and we haven't heard anything about by husband's card.

My husband asked if we should call our Senator about this?I told him we should start by calling the USCIS and see if there is any news or possibly put a service request in.

We called USCIS in June, they told us there was no RFE and that we might have to wait 3-6 more months before it was issued. I asked why so long and she said it's standard processing.

We are very anxious to get some information. Even if we got a RFE at least I'd know they were working on it, but alas...nothing.

Should we just hold tight? Call USCIS? Put a Service Request in? Call our Senator?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much!

I would start with a service request. If you haven't heard anything after a couple of weeks, I would contact your congressman. Good luck!

event.png

Timeline

Pieces of paradise have price tags and some of them are worth it so it's good to know that you like it there. happy.gif We lived about three blocks from the beach in Santa Monica for half a year since my arrival in the US. I thought everything was expensive. We left because I didn't like that my husband had to drive three hours to and from work due to traffic congestion. We just got married then and he was spending a long time on the road so we decided to move closer to where he's been working. Now after three years, he still wants to return to Santa Monica. I don't wanna remember the rent. Moreover, I'd like to live in a place where there's an active and engaging community.

I'd love to visit Yosemite, too. My husband has old photos of that park and they're breathtaking.

The drive from the house to Kings Canyon National Park was not very good either because we had to pass by Bakersfield and Visalia. dead.gif It was the drive after Visalia that made the trip great.

I think that's a logical prediction given the limited information that we find on this site.

Calypso, I was born in Santa Monica, but I have lived most of my life in San Diego. Both places are ridiculously expensive. We are trying to buy a house here and prices are way too high. I wouldn't mind living in Santa Barbara, but apprantley the cost of living is high there as well. That's California, I suppose. As you said, we pay the price for the weather and the beaches. :)

On another note, I am hoping all the other January filers will receive their approvals soon. It seems CSC is already going through the February cases.

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It depends on which part of San Diego, I was born and partially raised here myself. I love that I can go to the mountains, desert, or beaches whenever I want :)

Calypso, I was born in Santa Monica, but I have lived most of my life in San Diego. Both places are ridiculously expensive. We are trying to buy a house here and prices are way too high. I wouldn't mind living in Santa Barbara, but apprantley the cost of living is high there as well. That's California, I suppose. As you said, we pay the price for the weather and the beaches. :)

On another note, I am hoping all the other January filers will receive their approvals soon. It seems CSC is already going through the February cases.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

It depends on which part of San Diego, I was born and partially raised here myself. I love that I can go to the mountains, desert, or beaches whenever I want :)

Where in San Diego do you live? We are in North County which is more pricey, hence the challenge with finding affordable housing. :)

You are right in that San Diego has everything for everyone... from beaches, mountains to the desert. It's all within reach. :)

pkyxguryrufud.png

For Hedi and Calypso, i think this forum helps people to see what is the timeline for processing, compare their dates to other participates, i understand how much you love California but you can use private messages for that or find together a forum for California lovers, all i see last 3 pages is your flood about it

i dnt want to be rude but its really annoying to see your messages out of topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For Hedi and Calypso, i think this forum helps people to see what is the timeline for processing, compare their dates to other participates, i understand how much you love California but you can use private messages for that or find together a forum for California lovers, all i see last 3 pages is your flood about it

failed at not being rude, awesome attitude :)

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

This thread is not lacking. We update the group timeline when any development gets posted and try to answer questions from fellow I-751 filers as much as we can. Although we are completely done with our own ROC process, we stick around to provide even a little support to others who are still waiting for their approval. Now what's wrong if our friendship has bloomed after finding each other in this thread for a few months and we can casually talk about other lighter topics? You just joined today and don't even have a proper timeline and your second post is already to reprove me and Hedi. Who is more annoying?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

This thread is not lacking. We update the group timeline when any development gets posted and try to answer questions from fellow I-751 filers as much as we can. Although we are completely done with our own ROC process, we stick around to provide even a little support to others who are still waiting for their approval. Now what's wrong if our friendship has bloomed after finding each other in this thread for a few months and we can casually talk about other lighter topics? You just joined today and don't even have a proper timeline and your second post is already to reprove me and Hedi. Who is more annoying?

Yeah sorry about that, you absolutely right.

Hey guys!!!!??? is anyone live around Chicago?? what a weather outside, so amazing.

i saw someone from Germany, have a question, what do you think was a problem on Euro 2012, i thought you would be winners, honestly

Edited by AlexGreen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.